DJI AVATA an Epic Fail Drone from DJI due issues.
16304 172 2022-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Tony
Administrator

Fabio Ramos Posted at 3-12 19:01
Hi everyone. Today I just lost my avata  . Only a week with it and it fell from the sky into the river. No chance to recover it... Now waiting from DJI customer support to see how to proceed... to problem is that I bought it in china main land and looks like that the warranty only apply there. Anyone knows how to procedure?

Hi, Fabio Ramos. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry to read about the accident. If the drone falls under a China version, then that means the warranty can only be claimed from there. And since the drone was not recovered, it will be considered a flyaway case. If you have reported the accident already, our designated team will be contacting you to request for necessary details to proceed with the case, like the flight records. We suggest you wait for the response from our related department. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-3-12
Use props
Fabio Ramos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2593150 ft
Brazil

nosnoop Posted at 2022-12-16 22:47
I don't think it will ever be "fixed".
Fly it like a cinewhoop,  aware of its limitation, and you should be fine.

Hi . I thought just like you before… now my Avata is gone
2023-3-13
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

My Avata has absolutely no problems
2023-3-13
Use props
Fabio Ramos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2593150 ft
Brazil

DJI Tony Posted at 3-12 19:45
Hi, Fabio Ramos. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry to read about the accident. If the drone falls under a China version, then that means the warranty can only be claimed from there. And since the drone was not recovered, it will be considered a flyaway case. If you have reported the accident already, our designated team will be contacting you to request for necessary details to proceed with the case, like the flight records. We suggest you wait for the response from our related department. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Dears (DJI employees),
I’m glad to inform you that I received the new avata from the warranty service. I would like to thank you for all the support and especially for sending me this new aircraft. I wish you all to have lots of successful business.
Best regards.
2023-4-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Fabio Ramos Posted at 4-8 10:24
Dears (DJI employees),
I’m glad to inform you that I received the new avata from the warranty service. I would like to thank you for all the support and especially for sending me this new aircraft. I wish you all to have lots of successful business.
Best regards.

Hello, Fabio. Thanks for the update. We're pleased to know that you have received your replacement and that you're satisfied with the service. Thank you for your good wishes and your continued support. Please reach us back here should you have other concerns or inquiries. Happy flying!
2023-4-8
Use props
djiuser_K9PlMcjeb1Hb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 146427 ft
Philippines

djiuser_jqjPeqDGKv6V Posted at 2-15 09:46
two days ago, my drone lost control for no reason and fell on the pines on the ski resort, where the snow is 2m deep... he wrote me a message that his propellers got stuck... when I went to look at the video again for the last 30 seconds, I was flying with the motion control stick ...I didn't even try to pick him up because the terrain is extremely inaccessible. I don't understand what happened? anyone have an idea? maybe because it was -8 celsius?

Possible propeller broke while in mid air.
Mine fell from the sky due to stock propeller breaking. Now my drone is unflyable due to buttom part got deformed after the fall...
IMG_20230408_160526.jpg
IMG_20230408_155726.jpg
2023-4-10
Use props
TopFpv SF
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I just purchased avata with dji remote 2 and goggles 2. When i received it today i do not feel comfortable flying it al all. Reading all the comments and seeing all the videos im regretting my desicion and feel i shuld just send it back until this issue is confirmed to be resolved.

Mostly i have that bad gut feeling if the drone falls on someone, even when i have Article 16 with insurance.
2023-8-4
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

TopFpv SF Posted at 8-4 11:59
I just purchased avata with dji remote 2 and goggles 2. When i received it today i do not feel comfortable flying it al all. Reading all the comments and seeing all the videos im regretting my desicion and feel i shuld just send it back until this issue is confirmed to be resolved.

Mostly i have that bad gut feeling if the drone falls on someone, even when i have Article 16 with insurance.

yes the avata might not be for you.  obviously you're not going to feel completely comfortable flying any drone on day one but for sure you cant be flying the drone for the first time and be afraid it has flaws; that's just ridiculous.  if youre going to believe everything you read on the internet before it even happens to you, you'll never be comfortable flying avata because there simply is no comfort to be had by flying avata aggressively on any level so not sure what you are expecting.  scared the drone will fall on someone?  c'mon.
2023-8-4
Use props
freedom2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 519747 ft
France

Almost one year flying this drone.
More then 150km and over 100 flights.
The only problem I got is the yaw in manual mode. 3 times kicked the (poor) fix to return in N mode.

Apart for this bug I do love this drone that I do consider as particularly safe.

2023-8-5
Use props
djiuser_e6WuW0DgODyk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 284465 ft
United States

The Avata is my 2nd drone. I’m very much a novice. I flew my mini 3 pro into a telephone line the first day I had it on accident.Many lessons learned that day.

Purchased the Avata, was blown away. I actually think this drone is safer than both of my others. Love the Avata
2023-8-10
Use props
fansd56e04a4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 536588 ft
  • >>>
United States

i have a dji avatar , i have always flown my drones in automatic mode with no filter and since i only do recreational flights for myself the videos were always acceptable. with my avatar I think the video is horrible, it looks like I'm shooting below 24frames with the video flickering and kind of crashing . I've already done tests at 4k60,50,30, 108060,50,30 and it's still horrible, especially when I fly over the grass in front of my house. does anyone here have the same problem with avatar on auto?
2023-9-4
Use props
fansd56e04a4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 536588 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have an avata but I would like to know if whoever has the avatar has the same problem as me. I always made the videos of all my drones on automatic and the video was good but on the avatar, mainly on the grass in front of my house, the video is oscillating as if the video had 10 frames. anyone with this problem?
2023-9-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansd56e04a4 Posted at 9-4 04:01
i have a dji avatar , i have always flown my drones in automatic mode with no filter and since i only do recreational flights for myself the videos were always acceptable. with my avatar I think the video is horrible, it looks like I'm shooting below 24frames with the video flickering and kind of crashing . I've already done tests at 4k60,50,30, 108060,50,30 and it's still horrible, especially when I fly over the grass in front of my house. does anyone here have the same problem with avatar on auto?

Hello there. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please post a video here for us to check? Thank you for your patience.
2023-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules