DJI AVATA an Epic Fail Drone from DJI due issues.
16123 172 2022-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CoreyFPV
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Elendil Posted at 11-8 07:33
Stupid people you call them? All Hail to you Mr. All Knowing FPV God. Pardon us for raising our concerns with DJI. If you're getting tired reading stupid concerns and questions from stupid people you have the free will to leave those group. Why bother joining such group if you will just call them "stupid people"?

You automatically assumed I meant everyone and not as stated. Some, does not mean all. Understand the statement please.
2022-11-8
Use props
Elendil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 458904 ft
Philippines

CoreyFPV Posted at 11-8 09:10
You automatically assumed I meant everyone and not as stated. Some, does not mean all. Understand the statement please.

Understand your statement too. You're the one feeling entitled here and you're saying too that those will dispute what you have said are the biggest problem? Then, Let me ask you a question, Are you DJI? Are you the one being called in to address the concerns? If not then don't come in and start commenting and calling those who are raising concerns and who experienced an issue with their avatas as "stupid people".
2022-11-8
Use props
James000222
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

FPVTrendz Posted at 9-29 07:24
Most of the "sudden" crashes have been because of pilot errors. You can't fly the Avata like a 5" Freestyle drone. The Avata has prop guards that create an excelled wind that creates prop wash during a sharp turn causing a tumble. When it goes into a tumble the gyro loses control and keeps it upside down. Now, I'm not saying that DJI can't add something to the firmware to fix this, all I'm saying is don't fly a cini-whoop like a 5" freestyle drone! A wise man once said... "just because you can don't mean you should!".

Now, that being said, the Avata does have some issues, like it resets the home point at will, and I have seen videos where people were just switching to manual mode mid-air and it fell to the ground.  But my point here is this... it's a cini-whoop so let's all fly it for what it's made for. Manual mode was just a way to allow the pilot more control while getting cinima-like videos, it was not intended for the pilot to start doing 60mph turns and loops and flips and other such stunts. Anyway, this is my opinion only and I'm sure others have their opinions as well lol.

Prop wash isn’t an issue but a necessity of flight. It’s the downdraft that creates thrust to combat gravity. If those props are spinning, prop wash is created.
2022-11-13
Use props
Pajomota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 710197 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

KLRSKIR Posted at 9-29 06:55
My Avata has 44 flights and 64 miles on her with absolutely no problems.

Lucky you.
2022-11-16
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 912661 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I must admit, I am concerned about this to the point that I haven't flown in a built up area as yet.

Others have said that my initial crash (clipped a tree, the camera changed view and it flew by itself over a road into a field!) wasn't the 'yaw issue' that others are talking about. But still, I can't afford or either want my avata to randomly lose control and do the same flight path. Imagine hitting someone with it, or a building / car / etc.

Yea, more practice is required, me thinks.
2022-11-16
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

CoreyFPV Posted at 11-8 04:28
Like how many of these people have actually downloaded or read the manual before either ordering it or taking off. This is the reason why there's so many stupid questions in the FB groups. At leat 3 a day asking really basic and bone idle questions, that could easily be answered by reading what is provided by DJI. Frankly, half these new and inexperienced pilots want other people to find the answer so they don't have to. Just don't go blaming DJI when you either break it or crash the drone. Most of the time these issues are down to the person controlling it. Flown it all over the place in manual mode and it's been 100% solid. Even today when flying it in almost 30kph winds. The guy on here who is flying really fast and then yanks the stick into a 180 degree turn......What does he expect it to do. It's physics and a lot of inexperience on a lot of pilots (if you can call them that yet) part.

I do agree about that the Manual is valuable to one fully understand the aircraft, controller and goggles functioning but also it is not that accurate and some issues that I found are kind contradicting and leaves up to personal interpretation, what can lead to a disaster.

Example, how many times have we heard from mods that DJI does not recommend indoor flight?
- Well the Avata Manual in the very beginning states -  PAGE FOUR INTRODUCTION -  ....it can hover stably and fly flexibly indoors as well as outdoors.

Another one, how many times have we heard that the Avata is not a drone for racing or freestyle? that is a drone that was made to make nice videos, bla bla bla...

-Well if you go to page 19 on Avata Manual it clearly states - Manual Mode: Classic FPV aircraft control mode with highest maneuverability, which can be used for RACING and FREESTYLE FLYING

Now, is AVATA a racing drone or suitable for freestyle? (my personal opinion is NO, too top heavy) but someone reading that from the manual will really think that he can do 180 degrees at high speed like a racing or freestyle drone can.

Don't stop there, the little bird is complex and too much to cover, hence 86 pages. I really recommend every owner to ready and understand the Manual
2022-11-16
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 912661 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HDPS Posted at 11-16 17:57
I do agree about that the Manual is valuable to one fully understand the aircraft, controller and goggles functioning but also it is not that accurate and some issues that I found are kind contradicting and leaves up to personal interpretation, what can lead to a disaster.

Example, how many times have we heard from mods that DJI does not recommend indoor flight?

Well said.

I've lost count how many times I've told people to read the damn manual.

- Read the manual.
- Check YouTube for tutorials / tips / reviews.
- Read up on drone laws and regulations.
- Register your drone.
- Consider insurance.
- Before flight check weather, local restricted areas, zones etc
- Take your first flights slowly.
- Enjoy.

Think I might bookmark this page and just start pasting that ^

The last thing I want to see on the news is how some newbie's drone flew into the cockpit / engine of an aircraft, bringing it down. Just because they weren't aware of a cnc move or something daft like that.

2022-11-16
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's not luck. Now 94 flights, 136 miles and 18.5 hours in the air. Know the capabilities and you'll never have an issue.
2022-11-17
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

My Avata has 74 flights and 94 miles on her with absolutely no problems.
2022-11-17
Use props
CoreyFPV
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KLRSKIR Posted at 11-17 01:25
It's not luck. Now 94 flights, 136 miles and 18.5 hours in the air. Know the capabilities and you'll never have an issue.

Exactly my friend. Indoors, outdoors, woods, forest, abandoned. It’s a little beast when flown within its capabilities
2022-11-17
Use props
CoreyFPV
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ro_walker Posted at 11-17 11:02
My Avata has 74 flights and 94 miles on her with absolutely no problems.

The proof is right in front of people but they just don’t see it. Learn it, understand it and enjoy it. It ain’t no racer or trick monster, so fly it or sell it and see how you go on actually learning full fpv. This is another main issue right here. People these days don’t want to learn anything. They want it on a plate, explained by someone done else because half the time they’re too idle to read, learn and practice. Take it how you will people, but that’s the truth.
2022-11-17
Use props
djiuser_IOrQ18nyReoV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 264314 ft
United States

I was one of those pilots the thought it can't happen to my Avata, but guess what? Mine flipped yesterday and I wasn't even doing a turn. I was flying in a straight line about 20 feet above the pavement and just flipped upside down. The Avata came down, unfortunately I didn't switch to normal fast enough, by the time I switched, the Avata had already hit the hard concrete props down. And what also strange is the aircraft stopped recording about 5 seconds before it went inverted. It's all in the flight data, sent mine to DJI for analysis and repair, hopefully I don't get charged repair fees for a problem that exists in the Avata flight controller itself.
2022-11-18
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

djiuser_IOrQ18nyReoV Posted at 11-18 11:38
I was one of those pilots the thought it can't happen to my Avata, but guess what? Mine flipped yesterday and I wasn't even doing a turn. I was flying in a straight line about 20 feet above the pavement and just flipped upside down. The Avata came down, unfortunately I didn't switch to normal fast enough, by the time I switched, the Avata had already hit the hard concrete props down. And what also strange is the aircraft stopped recording about 5 seconds before it went inverted. It's all in the flight data, sent mine to DJI for analysis and repair, hopefully I don't get charged repair fees for a problem that exists in the Avata flight controller itself.

2022-11-19
Use props
Elendil
lvl.4
Philippines

CoreyFPV Posted at 11-17 23:54
The proof is right in front of people but they just don’t see it. Learn it, understand it and enjoy it. It ain’t no racer or trick monster, so fly it or sell it and see how you go on actually learning full fpv. This is another main issue right here. People these days don’t want to learn anything. They want it on a plate, explained by someone done else because half the time they’re too idle to read, learn and practice. Take it how you will people, but that’s the truth.
You keep on invalidating other peoples' issue just because you didn't experience it. You clearly have an attitude problem.
2022-11-19
Use props
Pajomota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 710197 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Good for you. Hope you'll never crash.
2022-11-24
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6336594 ft
  • >>>
United States

ro_walker Posted at 11-17 11:02
My Avata has 74 flights and 94 miles on her with absolutely no problems.

Embrace these treasured moments for it will inevitable fall on your optimism.
2022-11-24
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Elephant Apocalypse Posted at 11-24 11:55
Embrace these treasured moments for it will inevitable fall on your optimism.

2022-11-24
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6336594 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yea, when it happens its during when you least expect it; assuming its recoverable; you'll still be traumatized.
2022-11-25
Use props
James000222
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 9-29 06:55
My Avata has 44 flights and 64 miles on her with absolutely no problems.

With the motion controller? Lol
2022-11-25
Use props
CoreyFPV
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Elendil Posted at 11-19 18:12
You keep on invalidating other peoples' issue just because you didn't experience it. You clearly have an attitude problem.

No attitude problem at all. Just don't get why everyone is convinced it has a problem. It clearly doesn't have an issue on all drones and when stated it has never happened to other pilots, people get all up in their faces. We ain't lying, we ain#t saying it hasn't happened for fun. We just don't see this issue. Flown it in most environments apart from over water and zero, ZERO issues. Always flown in manual with the controller 2 since it got delivered.
2022-11-26
Use props
Elendil
lvl.4
Philippines

CoreyFPV Posted at 11-26 22:28
No attitude problem at all. Just don't get why everyone is convinced it has a problem. It clearly doesn't have an issue on all drones and when stated it has never happened to other pilots, people get all up in their faces. We ain't lying, we ain#t saying it hasn't happened for fun. We just don't see this issue. Flown it in most environments apart from over water and zero, ZERO issues. Always flown in manual with the controller 2 since it got delivered.

Well do you share the same device that those people who are experiencing issues? Do you live together? If not then don't act as a genius who knows what's happening with their drone. You keep invalidating their issues it's because you are not experiencing it. You have to check your attitude. Respect their issues and don't act like nothing is wrong with their avatas just because yours doesnt have it. It is not your money that was used in buying their avatas after all so don't claim nothing is wrong with their drones.
2022-11-26
Use props
CoreyFPV
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Elendil Posted at 11-26 22:34
Well do you share the same device that those people who are experiencing issues? Do you live together? If not then don't act as a genius who knows what's happening with their drone. You keep invalidating their issues it's because you are not experiencing it. You have to check your attitude. Respect their issues and don't act like nothing is wrong with their avatas just because yours doesnt have it. It is not your money that was used in buying their avatas after all so don't claim nothing is wrong with their drones.

And you just keep repeating the same response. There's a massive percentage of people who have bought this drone and can't even bind and link everything together without having to ask on social media. A lot of the issues are purely down to a lack of experience in how it's being flown. Have you watched the video from one of the best pro pilots out there, that is a real "genius" ? Mr Steele totally ripped this thing in a manual proximity flight and guess what......ZERO ISSUES. I was asked about the issues in a recent FB messenger post and was sent a video where it happened. The piolt was more or less flying flat out in a straight line, then yanked the yaw stick and guess what happened.....It flipped out. No it shouldn't happen, yes it needs fixing and no, he shouldn't have expected it to do a 180 yaw turn without some type of propwash or other disturbed air effect. Anyway, have a nice day and all that .
2022-11-26
Use props
Elendil
lvl.4
Philippines

CoreyFPV Posted at 11-26 22:44
And you just keep repeating the same response. There's a massive percentage of people who have bought this drone and can't even bind and link everything together without having to ask on social media. A lot of the issues are purely down to a lack of experience in how it's being flown. Have you watched the video from one of the best pro pilots out there, that is a real "genius" ? Mr Steele totally ripped this thing in a manual proximity flight and guess what......ZERO ISSUES. I was asked about the issues in a recent FB messenger post and was sent a video where it happened. The piolt was more or less flying flat out in a straight line, then yanked the yaw stick and guess what happened.....It flipped out. No it shouldn't happen, yes it needs fixing and no, he shouldn't have expected it to do a 180 yaw turn without some type of propwash or other disturbed air effect. Anyway, have a nice day and all that .

I'll keep repeating the same response as long as you keep on invalidating the issues by those who were able to experience it. And stop acting like you're a genius. It's that simple, Don't invalidate other peoples' issue on the AVATA. Live and let live!
2022-11-26
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

James000222 Posted at 11-25 16:54
With the motion controller? Lol

Controller 2.
2022-11-27
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Elephant Apocalypse Posted at 11-25 16:13
Yea, when it happens its during when you least expect it; assuming its recoverable; you'll still be traumatized.

2022-11-28
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237953 ft
Canada

Elendil Posted at 11-26 22:47
I'll keep repeating the same response as long as you keep on invalidating the issues by those who were able to experience it. And stop acting like you're a genius. It's that simple, Don't invalidate other peoples' issue on the AVATA. Live and let live!

But at the same time, you are invalidating his experience too.
I see nothing wrong that he posted his experience and his opinion, same as anyone else regardless of whether it is positive or negative.  
2022-11-28
Use props
Elendil
lvl.4
Philippines

nosnoop Posted at 11-28 16:07
But at the same time, you are invalidating his experience too.
I see nothing wrong that he posted his experience and his opinion, same as anyone else regardless of whether it is positive or negative.
Wow really? What does the topic all about? It's the issues being experienced by those who were able to experience it. Why do peiple with no issues with their drone keep on coming here and posting? If you guys don't have problem with your avatas don't come and post comments here. Do you see me commenting in one of his OWN TOPICS showing how great his avata experiences are? He's the one who keep on commenting and invalidating others, we are just defending our experiences. Don't play the reverse card on me.
2022-11-28
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Canada

Elendil Posted at 11-28 16:15
Wow really? What does the topic all about? It's the issues being experienced by those who were able to experience it. Why do peiple with no issues with their drone keep on coming here and posting? If you guys don't have problem with your avatas don't come and post comments here. Do you see me commenting in one of his OWN TOPICS showing how great his avata experiences are? He's the one who keep on commenting and invalidating others, we are just defending our experiences. Don't play the reverse card on me.

This is a public forum after all.
No one owns this thread, and no one can dictate what can or cannot be posted here as long as it follows this forum's guidelines and rules.

So I disagree that people who don't have this problem cannot post here.
And it's is totally your choice which thread you choose to post or not post, same for everyone else.

It's an opinion of many that this is a design flaw or hardware problem, but there are also many who believe that this is pilot errors.  Or it could be a combination of both.
2022-11-28
Use props
Elendil
lvl.4
Philippines

nosnoop Posted at 11-28 18:03
This is a public forum after all.
No one owns this thread, and no one can dictate what can or cannot be posted here as long as it follows this forum's guidelines and rules.

This is indeed a public forum and we are raising our concerns here to be addressed by DJI not by those who are claiming to be a genius stating that they don't have a problem with their avatas, even calling those who are raising the issue to be stupid or someone who doesn't know how to fly. It is a basic etiquette not to come and keep on commenting that you do not have issues with your avatas while we are experiencing an issue with our own, we do not share the same device.
2022-11-28
Use props
djiuser_HJhMGORMpImy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 310873 ft

Czechia

Hello, an update has been released on avata. specifically this point: Added ability to detect abnormal attitude and brake automatically when the aircraft turns sharply at high speed with an altitude of more than 5 m in Manual mode.

Do you think it would be possible to test if it solved the problem with the avata and it crashing?
2022-12-13
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

No it is not fixed.....
only thing they added is the drone now detects this abnormal behavior and it uses the emergancy brake to keep it in the air (but this also does not always help)

see:

so (in most cases) you won't crash the avata now, that's good!
2022-12-13
Use props
DronesJones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4861152 ft
Canada

I have personally experienced this, it was not pilot error.

There’s something more to this, it can’t be chalked up to purely pilot error. I am sure there’s cases where that is true, but certainly not all cases.
2022-12-15
Use props
celltx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7399311 ft

Israel

Your average speed is 7.4mph. Maybe this is the reason that you had no thumbling?
2022-12-15
Use props
fans9d06815c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9558930 ft
Singapore

1 more video here.have they fixed the issue ? I'm holding back from buying Avata so far.
2022-12-16
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Canada

fans9d06815c Posted at 12-16 19:23
https://youtu.be/fcczR0p8XbA

1 more video here.have they fixed the issue ? I'm holding back from buying Avata so far.

I don't think it will ever be "fixed".
Fly it like a cinewhoop,  aware of its limitation, and you should be fine.

If you prefer freestyling, then buy a freestyle drone.

If you are uncomfortable with that, yeah, then don't consider the Avata.
But I am having a blast with the Avata.   It truly is a fantastic drone.
2022-12-16
Use props
Pedmod2
lvl.1

Australia

I just experience the sudden unwanted left movement causing it to crash.  This happened just after the drone took off with the motion controller.   The video shows how it moves; you can see it is not a movement that is even possible with the motion controller.

It worries me because I have been using drones for many years and this does not feel safe..
2022-12-27
Use props
Daviribeiro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37749 ft
Brazil

I am someone who has experienced issues with Avata twice, and lost the drone with the first week of having it. The drone just accelerated itself until hit a wall, I had NO CONTROL OF THE DRONE.
It just flew by its own!! I hate the idea when people just say "its a pilot issue". The first issue, I was landing the drone with the lock button pressed. 20cm of the ground, it accelerated at full speed by itself.

See the youtube videos attached, they show exactly the same issue. Flying using the motion controller doesnt allow the pilot to perform the movements the drone did. It was issues, for sure.

Thanks. Davi
2023-1-18
Use props
djiuser_jqjPeqDGKv6V
New
Flight distance : 24219 ft
Croatia

two days ago, my drone lost control for no reason and fell on the pines on the ski resort, where the snow is 2m deep... he wrote me a message that his propellers got stuck... when I went to look at the video again for the last 30 seconds, I was flying with the motion control stick ...I didn't even try to pick him up because the terrain is extremely inaccessible. I don't understand what happened? anyone have an idea? maybe because it was -8 celsius?
2023-2-15
Use props
Elendil
lvl.4
Philippines

djiuser_jqjPeqDGKv6V Posted at 2-15 09:46
two days ago, my drone lost control for no reason and fell on the pines on the ski resort, where the snow is 2m deep... he wrote me a message that his propellers got stuck... when I went to look at the video again for the last 30 seconds, I was flying with the motion control stick ...I didn't even try to pick him up because the terrain is extremely inaccessible. I don't understand what happened? anyone have an idea? maybe because it was -8 celsius?

Sorry to hear your experience, Kindly share you DVR Footage from goggles for reference of what possible went wrong?
2023-2-15
Use props
Fabio Ramos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2593150 ft
Brazil

Hi everyone. Today I just lost my avata . Only a week with it and it fell from the sky into the river. No chance to recover it... Now waiting from DJI customer support to see how to proceed... to problem is that I bought it in china main land and looks like that the warranty only apply there. Anyone knows how to procedure?
2023-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules