WIfi connection when not home
2989 12 2022-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
A.L.F
lvl.1
United States

Currently in a hotel and I'd like to connect the RC controller to the hotel wifi. Unfortunately this hotel Wifi is set up so when you connect you also have to enter name and room number to make the complete connection. I can't seem to do that with the controller. Is there a way to make that happen or another option to get connected to the internet that doesn’t involve using my phone as a hotspot? I have my laptop with me as well, not sure if i can tether wifi from that or not.

2022-9-29
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Connect your phone to the hotel wireless, then connect the controller to your phone's hotspot.
2022-9-29
Use props
A.L.F
lvl.1
United States

Ok the phone thing worked, i had to figure out how to make sure I was using wifi and not my limited mobile data. Thanks   
2022-9-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there A.L.F. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused before and it is great to know that the issue was rectified and for sharing these information with us? Thank you and have a nice day.
2022-9-29
Use props
djiuser_6fhOKdct5CGf
New

United States

Dji air2s recently out of pawn. Worked awesome b4. Wont connect to wifi. Limited to 50m-30m ? At a hotel using hotel wifi. Have the smart controller.  Help!
2023-8-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_6fhOKdct5CGf Posted at 8-18 17:22
Dji air2s recently out of pawn. Worked awesome b4. Wont connect to wifi. Limited to 50m-30m ? At a hotel using hotel wifi. Have the smart controller.  Help!

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please tell us more about the issue? Please provide us the screenshot showing the restriction error message so we can check it further. Please note that you don't need a Wi-Fi connection to fly your DJI Air 2s aircraft unless you want to update the firmware via the app as it requires an internet connection. Please let us know. Thank you.
2023-8-30
Use props
lacountymedia
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-30 22:07
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please tell us more about the issue? Please provide us the screenshot showing the restriction error message so we can check it further. Please note that you don't need a Wi-Fi connection to fly your DJI Air 2s aircraft unless you want to update the firmware via the app as it requires an internet connection. Please let us know. Thank you.

Any updates to this? Having a similar problem. Office wifi requires login credentials. It also is one of the Wifis than need to pop up (i.e. Starbucks) and the current interface doesn't allow that.
2023-9-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

lacountymedia Posted at 9-25 09:23
Any updates to this? Having a similar problem. Office wifi requires login credentials. It also is one of the Wifis than need to pop up (i.e. Starbucks) and the current interface doesn't allow that.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what DJI product are you using? Also, please confirm what specific issue did you experience on the app when connecting to Wi-Fi. Thank you.
2023-9-27
Use props
lacountymedia
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-27 03:17
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what DJI product are you using? Also, please confirm what specific issue did you experience on the app when connecting to Wi-Fi. Thank you.

Hello,

DJI Mavic 3 Drone — Smart Controller App

The issue is connecting to Wifi that requires login credentials such as:

Email:
Password:

Also, situations like using a Wifi from a public access such as a coffee shop or a library. A pop up notification happens but on the Smart Control, nothing pops up.

Thank you,
2023-9-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

lacountymedia Posted at 9-27 08:58
Hello,

DJI Mavic 3 Drone — Smart Controller App

Thank you for your response. You may try to connect to another network such as Mobile Hotspot to further isolate the issue. If you are using the DJI RC, please note that the DJI RC only supports connecting to Wifi that directly enters the Wifi password, and does not support Wifi connection that requires jumping to the third-party authorization and authentication page. If you want to connect to the Wi-Fi to update the firmware, you may perform the said task using the DJI assistant 2 software that can be downloaded on to your PC or Mac. Hope this helps. Have a nice day!
2023-9-29
Use props
Flugschüler
lvl.1

Spain

Really? Then that's a bug, not a feature!
In such cases, which occur regularly in Europe, do I need a PC to connect my remote control to the Internet?
2023-11-1
Use props
Sam654
lvl.3
Flight distance : 132667 ft

United Kingdom

Flugschüler Posted at 11-1 09:40
In such cases, which occur regularly in Europe, do I need a PC to connect my remote control to the Internet?

The issue is that often hotels and other places that provide wifi will redirect your browser to their portal where you have to sign up and sign in to gain access. This requires a browser which the RC does not have.
So not so much a bug, but the absence of a browser, which these organisation assume (wrongly) any device accessing wifi will have.
The workaround being to connect your phone or laptop to the wifi, then tether the RC to it.
2023-11-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Flugschüler Posted at 11-1 09:40

Hi there. This is not a bug. As DJI RC only supports connecting to Wifi that directly enters the Wifi password, and does not support Wifi connection that requires jumping to the third-party authorization and authentication page since it does not have a browser, it is recommended to connect to a different WiFi network. Have a great day.
2023-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules