2188 14 2022-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hi DJI Team,
             Could you please request to Engineering team to unlock 4G LTE Dongle in USA and other regions as possible. Tested the Dongle on both RC Pro and Mavic 3 and it works just fine with Verizon cellular provider, which I have. On the RC Pro, I am able to use the dongle for internet access for maps, but on Mavic 3 I am able to also connect to internet, the dongle turns green following by going red and a message pops up on RC Pro screen that 4G LTE dongle is not supported in your region (USA).
Could you please re-evaluate if it's possible to unlock the dongle for Mavic 3 and make it user responsibility to work with whatever cellular carrier user has to accept the dongle to connect on the cellular internet network offered by the provider.

Thanks in advance, Mike.

2022-9-29
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I am also waiting for this to be unlocked. It is a pity because Dji sold this feature at launch and never mentioned that this will be locked to only use in China. The Mavic 3E is also advertised as using the 4G dongle so i wonder if maybe now they will start opening it up.
2022-9-29
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 9-29 11:37
I am also waiting for this to be unlocked. It is a pity because Dji sold this feature at launch and never mentioned that this will be locked to only use in China. The Mavic 3E is also advertised as using the 4G dongle so i wonder if maybe now they will start opening it up.

Hi Suren,

I am hoping so as well. Maybe Mavic 3E will push this forward for Mavic 3 users. If DJI could put this on users to deal with cellular line providers disclaiming any liabilities resulting from use of their dongle, have a feeling DJI is worried about unlocking this feature due to some regulatory issues not known to us. Thank you for sharing, hoping we could get this feature in the future via firmware update.

Take care, Mike.
2022-9-29
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

The reason for the dongle is flying BVLOS. Maintaining signal through cell data instead of radio. As long as the rules in most countries prohibit BVLOS, DJI will not activate it. DJI still has not raised the altitude limit in India.
2022-9-29
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If BVLOS is the reason , then the advertised 15km from Occusync 3+ must be NOT considered BVLOS.
2022-9-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mike. Good day and thank you for giving out these information. I will forward these information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.
2022-9-29
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-29 20:45
Hello there Mike. Good day and thank you for giving out these information. I will forward these information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.

Thank you Stephen

Best Regards, Mike.
2022-9-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Mzp Posted at 9-30 05:56
Thank you Stephen

Best Regards, Mike.

Hi there Mike. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2022-10-2
Use props
djiuser_DSjdfO1ATYyU
New
Flight distance : 120850 ft

India

Will this Dji 4g Dongle work in India on AIR 3 as 4G LTE is too common in india
3-19 21:16
Use props
djiuser_DSjdfO1ATYyU
New

India

Will this Dji 4g Dongle work in India on AIR 3 as 4G LTE is too common in india
3-19 21:17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_DSjdfO1ATYyU Posted at 3-19 21:17
Will this Dji 4g Dongle work in India on AIR 3 as 4G LTE is too common in india

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Regretfully, no. The DJI Cellular/4G dongle/eSIM is only available in Mainland China. The activation will fail when used in other regions or countries outside Mainland China. We appreciate your understanding and support.
3-19 22:13
Use props
djiuser_jRG8FFLF28JL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8079705 ft
Canada

It would be great to have this in Canada. How many times have I lost connection just going around the edge of a shoreline or around a building? I’m not interested in it for flying 20 km; it does that already. I’m interested in it for just a better connection that I will never have to worry about losing. Imagine this tech on the DJI Avata 2 or on an FPV drone where the connection means everything. DJI really needs to push this out there and unlock it for other countries. This is the type of tech that should be the next stage in drone evolution to make drone flying safer by having a connection to your drone that lets you leave all your worries about connection loss and crashing. I hope to see this in the near future. I know the Air 3 is capable; it has a plug-in built into the drone, but I won’t buy it because I probably won’t be able to use it in Canada. Please, DJI, make this your new standard for connection in all your upcoming drones: “DJI, the connection that never fails,”
4-6 15:04
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_jRG8FFLF28JL Posted at 4-6 15:04
It would be great to have this in Canada. How many times have I lost connection just going around the edge of a shoreline or around a building? I’m not interested in it for flying 20 km; it does that already. I’m interested in it for just a better connection that I will never have to worry about losing. Imagine this tech on the DJI Avata 2 or on an FPV drone where the connection means everything. DJI really needs to push this out there and unlock it for other countries. This is the type of tech that should be the next stage in drone evolution to make drone flying safer by having a connection to your drone that lets you leave all your worries about connection loss and crashing. I hope to see this in the near future. I know the Air 3 is capable; it has a plug-in built into the drone, but I won’t buy it because I probably won’t be able to use it in Canada. Please, DJI, make this your new standard for connection in all your upcoming drones: “DJI, the connection that never fails,”

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. Rest assured that we will continue to gather this request and forward it to our relevant team for future consideration. As of the time being, the DJI Cellular/4G dongle/eSIM is only available in Mainland China. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. We appreciate your understanding and support.
4-6 20:07
Use props
PRIMERTIZ
New

India

DJI Tony Posted at 3-19 22:13
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Regretfully, no. The DJI Cellular/4G dongle/eSIM is only available in Mainland China. The activation will fail when used in other regions or countries outside Mainland China. We appreciate your understanding and support.

TOO LATE BRO I ALREADY PURCHASED IT LAST WEEK BUT YEAH I HAVE TRIED IT ON MY AIR 3 BUT DID NOT WORK
4-9 08:49
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

PRIMERTIZ Posted at 4-9 08:49
TOO LATE BRO I ALREADY PURCHASED IT LAST WEEK BUT YEAH I HAVE TRIED IT ON MY AIR 3 BUT DID NOT WORK

I'm sorry about the inconvenience. Every country has separate laws and regulations for communication and radio frequency equipment. However, this concern will be forwarded to the designated team for evaluation. We kindly request your patience.
4-10 02:43
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules