Mini 2: How accurate RTH is supposed to be?
2162 7 2022-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
reid88
New

India

Hello,

I'm still a beginner and wondered how accurate the return to home feature is supposed to be. Scenario: I use the roof of my car to take off and also as the registered RTH location. The roof of my car is flat and matte, so there are no reflection issues. I ensure at least 20+ satellites are showing before registering the spot as RTH.

Long story short: My Mini 2 lands between 2 and 10 meters from the car, which is always reasonably annoying in muddy, rocky or grassy environments. I've had to jump in once to catch it before it decided to land in a puddle (yep, blood bath).

Thanks for sharing your knowledge on the matter.

2022-9-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

You might be better off posting in the products section of this forum. That is way more active!
https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html
2022-9-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You car roof is probably metal and effecting the gps accuracy,  also the Mini2 doesn't have precision landing so it will always be a bit off but you can steer the drone into position when it starts the landing process
2022-9-29
Use props
MrRaja
lvl.1
United States

I personally only use RTH when i know it will take a while for it to fly back so it's like a Autopilot function for me while I directly look at it. During RTH you and go back and forth. just make sure you choose adequate RTH height. Mine almost crashed into a tree it was like an inch away.
2022-10-1
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Fly it back in RTH until it is close to your location, then cancel RTH, take control and land it wherever you like. If landing area not suitable, land it on the palm of your hand. ( watch some youtube tutorials).Practice, practice, practice.
2022-10-3
Use props
reid88
New

India

Hello,

I'm still a beginner and wondered how accurate the return to home feature is supposed to be. Scenario: I use the roof of my car to take off and also as the registered RTH location. The roof of my car is flat and matte, so there are no reflection issues. I ensure at least 20+ satellites are showing before registering the spot as RTH.
https://getappvalley.com/
Long story short: My Mini 2 lands between 2 and 10 meters from the car, which is always reasonably annoying in muddy, rocky or grassy environments. I've had to jump in once to catch it before it decided to land in a puddle (yep, blood bath).
https://vlc.onl
Thanks for sharing your knowledge on the matter.

I got this,...
2022-10-22
Use props
djiuser_7udgAXO6r0lR
New

United States

MY first mini 2 actually would RTH an average of  1 ft  from takeoff . I had confidence in using RTH.  I live in a forested neighborhood. I could take off and land in a 50' area. I had 50+ hrs My restrictions werel
Line of site.  about 1400' and signal became weak.   For some reason I took my eye off drone during landing on RTH and it flew into 60ft tree top 50 ft from GPS waypoint(take . I had no way of recovery.  My second  mini 2  has demonstrated inconsistencies in RTH accuracy.   any where from .4 '  to 10'  however never showing more that 1.5'  on screen.  I need to stay focused on RTH . At least it is loud enough so when it gets overhead I can steer it away from obstacles. I am still addicted. plus 30 minutes daily.
2023-7-19
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5009016 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have found the the RTH on my my mini 2 can be off by as much as a foot in windy weather. Always be ready to take over when you get close. The metal of the car can affect it's accuracy. I always put a landing pad out on an pen space. I think this helps the visual sensors to get a better read. It also protects your gimbal from dust and grit.
2023-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules