Will the Avata run offline?
2324 4 2022-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
My2Cents
lvl.2

Germany

Hi,

supposed I'm operating off-road, with no online data connection  available (i.e. no Internet) … Will I still be able to run the Avata flawlessly? I guess I  won't have ADB In then, for example? Which services won't be available without being online?

Your answer is appreciated.

2022-9-29
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think only the zone unlocking won't work since you need to confirm via txt msg.
Otherwise, I do not think you need internet for anything other than updates etc.
2022-9-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there My2Cents. Thank for reaching out and for the inquiry. Having an internet service on your mobile device is not necessary to fly your DJI Avata. However, the internet connection will be needed when in terms of updating your DJI Drone such as DJI Fly application, DJI flight safe database and downloading offline maps. In addition, during the actual flight of your DJI Avata it is best and it is recommended to put your mobile device to airplane mode to minimize interference from calls and text. Thank you.
2022-9-29
Use props
My2Cents
lvl.2

Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-29 23:15
Hello there My2Cents. Thank for reaching out and for the inquiry. Having an internet service on your mobile device is not necessary to fly your DJI Avata. However, the internet connection will be needed when in terms of updating your DJI Drone such as DJI Fly application, DJI flight safe database and downloading offline maps. In addition, during the actual flight of your DJI Avata it is best and it is recommended to put your mobile device to airplane mode to minimize interference from calls and text. Thank you.

> it is best and it is recommended to put your mobile device to airplane mode

That great news! Not having a requirement to be connected to any network is even better.

Well, do I actually need to bring a smartphone at all then when I go for a flight? Or will the Avata operate even without bringing an external device after being prepared at home for the flight?

How does the Avata then receive (and does it send?) ADS-B data? Or is this feature not supported?

2022-10-1
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

My2Cents Posted at 10-1 02:40
> it is best and it is recommended to put your mobile device to airplane mode

That great news! Not having a requirement to be connected to any network is even better.

ADS-B goes over the air...!
2022-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules