Selling MM, how do you factory reset etc
12191 12 2022-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MM_fly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 498399 ft
United Kingdom

I'm going to sell/move on my Mavic Mini 1. How do you factory reset, make sure no persnal data goes with it?

I want to completely wipe it, but will be getting a mini 2, so want to keep history of flights etc if thats possible. I use an iPhone with it.

thanks
2022-9-29
Use props
MM_fly
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-29 12:12
There is nothing to reset other than remove or erase the MicroSD & unbind it from your DJI account so the new owner can add it to his account.

I wont be selling the SD card with it, I'll keep for the mini 2. So is there an option in the DJI fly app on iPhone to unbind as you say? Cant see how to at moment (...as i google and YT...)
2022-9-29
Use props
MM_fly
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-29 12:31
Enter Fly app.  Go to Profile > Device Management, click on the aircraft you want to remove, click Remove Device from Account.

Just clicked on that and says "no devices found". So I have to actually switch on the mini 1 and be connected and then click remove?

Seems counter productive?
thanks
2022-9-29
Use props
MM_fly
lvl.4
United Kingdom

2022-9-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MM_fly. Good day and thank you for reaching out. The new owner of the DJI Mavic Mini can't get into your DJI account unless you give him your login information, or sell the DJI drone with your device included & still logged into your DJI account. In addition, once the new owner of the DJI Mavic Mini creates a new DJI account he will be starting a new account and all of the past records will not be included on that account and a new record will start. Thank you.
2022-9-29
Use props
MM_fly
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I’ve now added a mini 2 and even when switched off it shows me if I goto fly app > profile > devise management. However the mini 1 isn’t there.

I must have activated and linked, I honestly can’t remember. It’s now even more confusing that I can see my Mini 2 but not the mini 1.

Why has DJI made it difficult. Especially if what you say that I have to unlink it somehow so the next user can link.
2022-9-30
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Interesting thread, so I just checked.  I have not flown in a couple months, and when I looked, all three of my devices (Android phone and tablet, and iPhone) all show no devices in Device Management.  I do show my flight distance record.  Logged off on tablet and logged back in with no change.  I am not where the drone is, so can't try connecting the drone, but I will this evening.  All three of these devices have been used for controlling flights, although it's likely been a year or more for the tablet and iPhone - a couple months for the Android phone.
2022-9-30
Use props
MM_fly
lvl.4
United Kingdom

K6CCC Posted at 9-30 06:26
Interesting thread, so I just checked.  I have not flown in a couple months, and when I looked, all three of my devices (Android phone and tablet, and iPhone) all show no devices in Device Management.  I do show my flight distance record.  Logged off on tablet and logged back in with no change.  I am not where the drone is, so can't try connecting the drone, but I will this evening.  All three of these devices have been used for controlling flights, although it's likely been a year or more for the tablet and iPhone - a couple months for the Android phone.

When it says devices I think it’s the Mini (or drone) rather than device used to control it.

As you say I can’t see my Mini 1, but I can my mini 2 without being connected, as in both drones switched off.

If you could check and report back as this is so confusing. Been onto DJI support who said it should be there as well to remove the device (drone)
2022-9-30
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

When it says devices I think it’s the Mini (or drone) rather than device used to control it.

I think you misunderstood my statement.  I know the device management is supposed to be listing my drones.  I have three different phones that I can use for flying.  All three are logged into my DJI account, so they should all list my only DJI drone - an original Mavic Mini.  However like you, my Mini is not listed.  I do see my flight records on all three.
I will try and connect this evening and see what it says.
2022-9-30
Use props
MM_fly
lvl.4
United Kingdom

So all I can see when drones switched off is the mini 2. I've just connected the RC of the mini 1 to my iPhone, and switched on the mini 1 to connect. Now in account management up pops mini 1 with a green circle, (presume meaning connected)

However there is no where (like the mini 2 which has a "remove device"), ability to remove the device? So confusing and unintuitive.

Anyone help! I'm not sure if selling Mini 1 it would be locked/bound/linked to my account in case.

thanks
2022-9-30
Use props
Zbip57
lvl.4

Canada

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-29 12:31
Enter Fly app.  Go to Profile > Device Management, click on the aircraft you want to remove, click Remove Device from Account.

Yes, you do need to power up your Mini 1 before it shows up under the Device Management tab.  I just tried that.

If you just go into the Fly app without the Mini powered up, all you see under the Device Management tab is:  "No devices found.  Log in or connect to a device to continue."

When the Mini is powered up and connected, the Device Management info lists the serial numbers for my Mini.  However, I see no option anywhere that says, "Remove Device from Account."

There is an option in the Fly app under Profile, Settings, and scroll down to the bottom in the left panel, to "Log Out".  But that merely logs the app out of your DJI account.  It doesn't remove the device registration from your account.

2022-9-30
Use props
MM_fly
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks, that confirms what I’m seeing as well so know it’s not me. As you say even connected there isn’t an option to remove once Mini 1 is contacted.

I’ve been on to DJI support and they tried to explain that Mini 1 should show.

So I presume you can just connect it like you say. I suppose I could try with an iPad I hand that doesn’t have DJI fly on to test for the mini 1?

So am I right in saying that the mini 2 onwards, you have to go into your account and “remove device” when selling? I presume if not then it’s binded to your account and no one else could use, which is a great feature for theft etc.

Thanks
2022-10-2
Use props
MM_fly
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 10-2 14:38
I have seen several threads where people have been unable to bind a second hand Mini 2 to their account because it's already bound to another, so I would say for the newest birds you need to remove them before selling.  Maybe the Mini 1 doesn't have that protection?  You idea of test linking it to another account is a good idea before selling.

That’s what I now think. But it would be nice if DJI knew this as well! I asked support and just fumbled about with what I’d already done and had to ask again and again.

Surely they should test this kind of thing, have a FAQ on it somewhere, and let support people know this.

With what has been discussed in here I think as you Mini 1 doesn’t care, but you have to unbind/unlink Mini 2 if selling to allow another user to use.

This should also be advertised as a great security feature, but I’ve never read or seen it anywhere.
2022-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules