5384 45 2022-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans49c1baf6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2015627 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can other RC Controller owners using it with the Mini 3 Pro confirm that you can't update your Home Point without receiving a message that you have to enable location services and app permissions on your mobile device?

Isn't the RC Controller designed to replace your phone as a controller?

Exactly how do you do that when you need to update the Home Point in flight?

There seems to be a problem here.

Thanks for any solutions.
2022-9-29
Use props
Andreja
lvl.4
Flight distance : 864961 ft
Germany

I don't have any issues setting the home point to the location of my DJI RC, and I also do not receive the location services permissions request.
2022-9-29
Use props
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297126 ft
Netherlands

I had issues once.
Have not retested it lately.
I had the feeling that I had the issue because it didn't automatically find my phones hotspot.

It does seem to switch of wifi anyway when taking off, I thought
2022-9-30
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

On my first flight with the M3Pro i tested this.

Update HP to RC position (not connected to another device) ; did work great.

cheers
JJB
2022-9-30
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OP, those permissions are nothing to do with your phone, the DJI RC is using the Android os therefore it will act the same way as your phone does, unless you have ios but obviously you do not, so it needs these permissions for it to work properly.
2022-9-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for your feedback and we're sorry for the trouble. When this warning appears, you actually have allowed the app access to location. Please enable the GPS switch on the mobile device. We will optimize related prompts in subsequent versions. Thank you for your understanding.
2022-9-30
Use props
fans49c1baf6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-30 22:07
Hi there. Thank you for your feedback and we're sorry for the trouble. When this warning appears, you actually have allowed the app access to location. Please enable the GPS switch on the mobile device. We will optimize related prompts in subsequent versions. Thank you for your understanding.

Enable the GPS switch on your mobile device?

What mobile device?

Isn't the RC controller supposed to work without your phone?

Or, must it be connected to your phone in order to use return to home while updating the home point to a different location from when you first launched the mini three pro?

2022-10-1
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans49c1baf6 Posted at 10-1 03:23
Enable the GPS switch on your mobile device?

What mobile device?

Ive already explained what you're seeing, it is referring to "itself", its a standard Android OS throughout "many" devices, including your phone so its going to look the same. Just click accept or whatever it says else it ain't going to work as it should!
Yes, it works perfectly fine on its own once all permissions have been accepted.
The only thing that does not work is an internet connection, for that you must use a device as a hotspot or a router if you want the maps to work etc. You can connect it to your home wifi and cache the maps before you leave home, thus not needing the wifi once out....
2022-10-1
Use props
fans49c1baf6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 10-1 03:51
Ive already explained what you're seeing, it is referring to "itself", its a standard Android OS throughout "many" devices, including your phone so its going to look the same. Just click accept or whatever it says else it ain't going to work as it should!
Yes, it works perfectly fine on its own once all permissions have been accepted.
The only thing that does not work is an internet connection, for that you must use a device as a hotspot or a router if you want the maps to work etc. You can connect it to your home wifi and cache the maps before you leave home, thus not needing the wifi once out....

I appreciate your help, but what I am getting is a message that states:

"Enable location services and app permissions for your mobile device to ensure your location can be determined accurately"

The only option you have is an OK button to press, and after pressing that button you still can't update your Home point without getting the same message.
2022-10-1
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-30 22:07
Hi there. Thank you for your feedback and we're sorry for the trouble. When this warning appears, you actually have allowed the app access to location. Please enable the GPS switch on the mobile device. We will optimize related prompts in subsequent versions. Thank you for your understanding.

Hi Paladin,

uh...this user uses the RC and not a mobile device....

cheers
JJB
2022-10-1
Use props
fans49c1baf6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 10-1 04:26
Hi Paladin,

Thank you for that reminder, it would appear that every post I make I have to re-iterate that I'm not using my mobile device connected to a controller, but I'm using the standalone RC controller, and this is where the difficulty occurs in trying to update the Home point in flight.
2022-10-1
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans49c1baf6 Posted at 10-1 05:04
Thank you for that reminder, it would appear that every post I make I have to re-iterate that I'm not using my mobile device connected to a controller, but I'm using the standalone RC controller, and this is where the difficulty occurs in trying to update the Home point in flight.

Its a standard Android request, it just thinks that the RC is a mobile device, actually, in a sense it is, its mobile, just doesn't have a phone. Please, listen to what i am telling you!!! Oh and also try connecting to your home wifi 1st and see if that helps or if you're out, connect to the phone hotspot
2022-10-1
Use props
fans49c1baf6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 10-1 07:31
Its a standard Android request, it just thinks that the RC is a mobile device, actually, in a sense it is, its mobile, just doesn't have a phone. Please, listen to what i am telling you!!!

Yes, you are telling me that this is something that needs to be addressed in an update from DJI, and that the RC controller has an issue with updating the Home point as a standalone device without being connected to another device.

Thank you.
2022-10-1
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans49c1baf6 Posted at 10-1 07:34
Yes, you are telling me that this is something that needs to be addressed in an update from DJI, and that the RC controller has an issue with updating the Home point as a standalone device without being connected to another device.

Thank you.

Actually, thats not quite what im saying, perhaps it needs to do this initially so that it goes to DJI's servers
2022-10-1
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bashy Posted at 10-1 07:31
Its a standard Android request, it just thinks that the RC is a mobile device, actually, in a sense it is, its mobile, just doesn't have a phone. Please, listen to what i am telling you!!! Oh and also try connecting to your home wifi 1st and see if that helps or if you're out, connect to the phone hotspot

Hi Bashy

I had a flight today with my M3Pro and RC. RC not connected to any other device.
Plus i did not update map before this flight.

No problem with setting in flight the HP to the RC position !

cheers
JJB
2022-10-1
Use props
FL_Flyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810594 ft
United States

JJB* Posted at 10-1 07:49
Hi Bashy

I had a flight today with my M3Pro and RC. RC not connected to any other device.

He might try refreshing the RC firmware
2022-10-1
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 10-1 07:49
Hi Bashy

Ha, i did exactly the same yesterday too, just to see, I am on the latest fw for both RC and AC and app but mine didn't produce any issues either.

I am thinking that the initial start-up it may need an internet connection to send back some of the required permissions to DJI server, but i could be totally wrong on that.
2022-10-1
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans49c1baf6 Posted at 10-1 07:34

Thank you.

As a side note, i would be interested in knowing if this is a brand new 1st time running of this setup?

If so, i would be interested to know what you've had to do up to the point of this problem.
2022-10-1
Use props
fans49c1baf6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 10-1 19:44
As a side note, i would be interested in knowing if this is a brand new 1st time running of this setup?

If so, i would be interested to know what you've had to do up to the point of this problem.

I have had the drone for about four months now and my firmware is completely up-to-date on the RC controller and the drone. I never used the update Home point function before a few days ago when I saw a video that showed that you could change your position and then update the home point by simply touching on the controller icon on the RC controller update home point function in the safety menu.

However, every time I try that I get the app permission message and it does not function as designed, updating the home point to where I have moved the RC controller, from its original point at take off.

So this seems to be like another firmware update issue for DJI.

Hopefully they will address this in the near future.   
2022-10-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans49c1baf6 Posted at 10-1 03:23
Enable the GPS switch on your mobile device?

What mobile device?

Sorry for the confusion. Can you please try to connect your DJI RC to the DJI Assistant 2 software and kindly please update/refresh the firmware and have a test flight to see if the issue still persists? If the message shows on your RC screen again, kindly please connect your DJI RC to a mobile device hotspot that has an access to an internet connection then click "OK" then check if the issue persists. Just give it a try for us to check. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-10-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Hi Paladin,

My apologies for the confusion, JJB. I will do my best to fix this issue with the customer. Thank you for your support.
2022-10-2
Use props
Andreja
lvl.4
Germany

Hey fans49c1baf6, here's an idea:
Go to the Fly App on the RC, to Profile->Settings->Notification and Privacy and check what the settings are. Each of the topics has a description. I haven't seen any of them explicitly mention Home Point, but perhaps if one of the GPS Info settings is disabled, it might affect the Home Point functionality.
2022-10-3
Use props
fans49c1baf6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Andreja Posted at 10-3 10:46
Go to the Fly App on the RC, to Profile->Settings->Notification and Privacy and check what the settings are. Each of the topics has a description. I haven't seen any of them explicitly mention Home Point, but perhaps if one of the GPS Info settings is disabled, it might affect the Home Point functionality.

Thank you very much for that suggestion.

The permissions that you were referring to were as follows:

Mobile Device GPS Info

DJI Device GPS Info

DJI Device Hardware Info

Approximate Location Info

All of them are set to "on", and I'm still getting the message to "Enable Location Services and App Permissions" message when trying to update the home point in flight with the RC Controller.

I'm certain DJI knows about this and is working on a fix.

I'll just have to wait for it.

Thanks again.
2022-10-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans49c1baf6 Posted at 10-3 11:48
Thank you very much for that suggestion.

The permissions that you were referring to were as follows:

Hi,

Mayby a screen recording might help to show the issue.

I have no problems with resetting HP to RC position, also on latest FW and FlyApp 1.7.4.

cheers
JJB
2022-10-3
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 10-3 12:16
Hi,

I concur, no issues either. Its very strange that it started after a FW update, i too am on the latest versions., perhaps a refresh of the FW may help?
2022-10-3
Use props
doug86
lvl.2
Flight distance : 309478 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had that problem until I updated the firmware of the controller. Once I did that, the I could use the controller as the updated home point. It also added all the geo zones I didn't have, so it's a trade off ...
2022-10-4
Use props
Drone.Hunter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

If you turn it on for the first time, then there is no remote control position on the radar and a request for GPS permission for the home point appears. But if you exit the control to the home screen and restart the connection to the Drone, then the position of the remote control will appear on the radar and there will be no request for GPS permission.
2022-10-13
Use props
djiuser_grjRHXewDIkb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59948 ft
United Kingdom

I am having the exact same issue as you are experiencing. Literally the only way for me to update the home point is by connecting my RC to my mobile hotspot therefore using phone GPS. This shouldn’t be required as the RC had built in GPS
2022-10-13
Use props
DavidJE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29482 ft
Australia

JJB* Posted at 10-3 12:16
Hi,

I do not know how to do a screen film to send.  I have set out all the messages I get..
2022-10-15
Use props
Andreja
lvl.4
Germany

DavidJE Posted at 10-15 12:25
I do not know how to do a screen film to send.  I have set out all the messages I get..

Turn the RC on. Swipe down two times, to get the menu. On the top right side, you'll see circular icons. There's one which has a circle in a circle, and it says "Record Screen" below it. Press that.

One you d, you'll hear a beep, and at the bottom of the screen, you'll see a timer and stop button. Do your demonstration, and then press stop, and you'll have the recording.

For bonus points, put an SD card into the RC.
2022-10-15
Use props
DavidJE
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-2 21:27
Sorry for the confusion. Can you please try to connect your DJI RC to the DJI Assistant 2 software and kindly please update/refresh the firmware and have a test flight to see if the issue still persists? If the message shows on your RC screen again, kindly please connect your DJI RC to a mobile device hotspot that has an access to an internet connection then click "OK" then check if the issue persists. Just give it a try for us to check. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

It gets worse.  RC now says "No WiFi" but all my home WiFi is working.  How do I connect to DJI Assistant 2 anyway?  WiFi was discovered in the set up process but I cannot find a way to re set it up.
2022-10-15
Use props
DavidJE
lvl.2
Australia

Drone.Hunter Posted at 10-13 08:02
If you turn it on for the first time, then there is no remote control position on the radar and a request for GPS permission for the home point appears. But if you exit the control to the home screen and restart the connection to the Drone, then the position of the remote control will appear on the radar and there will be no request for GPS permission.

No difference I am afraid
2022-10-15
Use props
DavidJE
lvl.2
Australia

Andreja Posted at 10-15 12:46
Turn the RC on. Swipe down two times, to get the menu. On the top right side, you'll see circular icons. There's one which has a circle in a circle, and it says "Record Screen" below it. Press that.

One you d, you'll hear a beep, and at the bottom of the screen, you'll see a timer and stop button. Do your demonstration, and then press stop, and you'll have the recording.

Thank you, I'll give it a go as soon as the rain stops!  Is there anywhere I can get all this information without bothering people or trawling You Tube?  RC now will not allow software update "No WiFi connection".. but everything else WiFi in the house works.  I cannot find a way to go back to the beginning and load WiFi network again.
2022-10-15
Use props
DavidJE
lvl.2
Australia

Drone.Hunter Posted at 10-13 08:02
If you turn it on for the first time, then there is no remote control position on the radar and a request for GPS permission for the home point appears. But if you exit the control to the home screen and restart the connection to the Drone, then the position of the remote control will appear on the radar and there will be no request for GPS permission.

Sorry, but that did not work
2022-10-15
Use props
DavidJE
lvl.2
Australia

Andreja Posted at 10-3 10:46
Go to the Fly App on the RC, to Profile->Settings->Notification and Privacy and check what the settings are. Each of the topics has a description. I haven't seen any of them explicitly mention Home Point, but perhaps if one of the GPS Info settings is disabled, it might affect the Home Point functionality.

Privacy
Mobile Device GPS ON
DJI Device Info ON
Approximate Location Info ON

Not clear if ON is good or it means Privacy is on stopping information!
2022-10-18
Use props
DavidJE
lvl.2
Australia

fans49c1baf6 Posted at 10-2 06:50
I have had the drone for about four months now and my firmware is completely up-to-date on the RC controller and the drone. I never used the update Home point function before a few days ago when I saw a video that showed that you could change your position and then update the home point by simply touching on the controller icon on the RC controller update home point function in the safety menu.

However, every time I try that I get the app permission message and it does not function as designed, updating the home point to where I have moved the RC controller, from its original point at take off.

I have exactly the same problem as so many others do but dji seems to say "Mine works!  It must be you."
It worked yesterday but not today - same location.  RTH take off point - fine.  RTH - changed by dragging map - fine.  BUT RTH - Controller (RC)  position, fails.  Message is "Enable location services and app permissions for your mobile device to ensure your location can be determined accurately"  I click O.K. as Stephen (said - no change).   The only mobile device is the controller itself with integral screen.  The drone can see 32 satellites.  
My Samsung A23, my Tablet A8, my OPPO, my wife's OPPO , and my desktop all show location, within 4 decimal places of each other INDOORS even.  But the RC cannot locate itself in a field.
I have checked all the settings I have been told to by dji.  Firmware all up to date.
Is there simply a fault that stops this very useful feature from working as promised?
2022-10-20
Use props
DavidJE
lvl.2
Australia

Hi Paladin,

You say:  
" Please enable the GPS switch on the mobile device."

How do I do that?  Where is the switch on the RC?
2022-10-20
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

DavidJE Posted at 10-20 17:06
You say:  
" Please enable the GPS switch on the mobile device."

Maybe you need to turn on wifi long enough to get a solid GPS lock on the RC. The ephemera is updated every hour or so and can take several min utes to load from the satellite, wifi makes it quicker.
2022-10-20
Use props
DavidJE
lvl.2
Australia

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-20 17:21
Maybe you need to turn on wifi long enough to get a solid GPS lock on the RC. The ephemera is updated every hour or so and can take several min utes to load from the satellite, wifi makes it quicker.

I will try that but must say it had been flying for perhaps 15 minutes before I tried Return to Controller
2022-10-20
Use props
Wildfisher
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I had exactly this problem and frankly it was driving me nuts. RC controller with my Air2S.

Everything worked fine except setting the home point to the controller location. This is a software bug and here is my workaround which will hopefully be of some use to others –  ultimately DJI have to to fix this though, this is a serious and very confusing glitch.

With the drone in flight, going to Safety – Update Home Point always brought up the same message dialogue - “Enable location services and app permission for your mobile device to ensure your location can be determined accurately"

For a start, and just to be clear, you do NOT have to be connected / tether a phone to the RC – you only need that if you want to download maps live.

Although  location services (the RC GPS) are enabled the app seems to think they are not. To work around this go back from the fly screen and select Profile – Settings – Notifications and Privacy then disable Mobile Devices GPS Info.  It is now in a known “off” state”.

Go back to the fly screen and when you attempt to view the map or set the home point this will bring up a dialogue asking you to authorise DJI to access GPS info. Do this.

Everything should work fine now.

You may have to do this each time you fly, that’s the only thing  I‘m not certain about. I suspect not as reading the above messages suggests not everyone is having this problem and after switching the RC off and back on I did not have to repeat this.  It’s not big deal to fix and only takes a few seconds, but it is a bug and should be fixed. This looks like a classic software flag bug, where some flag is not being initially set. Another similar bug seems to be that on power up the CNS mode always sets to N irrespective of the switch position. That needs fixed too.

I hope this is if some use to you. DJI – please fix this;  it is a safety issue, albeit one that seems to be a bit random.
2022-11-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules