DJI Smart Controller and the Air 2S
583 5 2022-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joe B
lvl.2
Flight distance : 89331 ft
United States

I just purchased the Air 2S fly more combo with the Smart Controller.  Before I ppost the complaint I have to say this is the cadillac of quads and I love it and the controller both.  Almost the perfect paring.  Onto my complaint / concern.

Since it is after the purchase it is not a show stopper but had I known beforehand that the Smart Controller was not O3 capable I would not have purchased it.  I believe there should be a disclamer posted on the site and the product that outlines the faces that the Smart Controller is discontinued and that the Air 2S will be restricted to Ocusync 2.0 if you use this controller.  Ocusync 2.0 is great but it is not O3 and therefore it is almost a bait and switch without a disclamer.

Is there anyway to make the Smart Controller O3 compatable?

THank You
2022-9-30
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

^sorry the consumer cannot switch a device which is O2 compatible into one which is O3 compatible.
2022-9-30
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

There sure is. sell it and get a RC Pro.
2022-9-30
Use props
Joe B
lvl.2
Flight distance : 89331 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-30 11:20
^sorry the consumer cannot switch a device which is O2 compatible into one which is O3 compatible.

Seems like this is something they could update with firmware.  Maybe doing it would hurt sales on the RC Pro but I think they should still explore the options.
2022-9-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm really pleased with the enhanced functionality of the RC Pro.  So if you could I'd sale the smartcontroller and pay the difference to upgrade.  At least the RC Pro will be supported and should be compatible with any new consumer drones that DJI releases.  
2022-10-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. When you connect the DJI Smart Controller to the DJI Air 2s aircraft, the SRC (O2) can be linked to the Air 2s (03) image transmission system. In addition, After SRC and Air 2S are linked well, the max transmission distance can reach the O3 standard, which's 12 km (FCC), 8 km (CE), 8 km (SRRC), and 8 km (MIC).

Note: SRC uses an O2 image transmission system, which is compatible with related aircraft with an O2 or O3 image transmission system. When SRC is linked to different aircraft, the max transmission distance will be different, and the max transmission distance depends on the aircraft used.

Lastly, We cannot upgrade the O2 transmission system to the O3 transmission system as it involves hardware upgrades and cannot be upgraded using firmware only. Hope this clarifies your query. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules