Remove from Device Management?
4563 13 2022-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WiscoPaddler
lvl.4
United States

I sold my Action 2 and I'm wondering if it's at all possible to unbind the camera from my account.  From looking at the forums, drones can be removed from accounts so I'm wondering what process I need to do to remove the camera from my account.
2022-9-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm if you are referring to the DJI Action 2 icon on your profile in DJI Forum? Are you requesting to remove it? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-10-1
Use props
WiscoPaddler
lvl.4
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-1 02:35
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm if you are referring to the DJI Action 2 icon on your profile in DJI Forum? Are you requesting to remove it? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

I am referring to that linked to my account/email address utilized within the DJI Mimo App.  The camera is bound to my account and I have sold it and I would like to remove it from my account.  I am not referring to the icon on the forums, as I don't think that really does anything special. I am referring to the actual physical camera that is shown under Device Management within the DJI Mimo App.  

I cannot remove any device in there and would like it removed from my account as I no longer own any DJI Action 2 device.

Thank you for your assistance.
2022-10-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

WiscoPaddler Posted at 10-1 05:30
I am referring to that linked to my account/email address utilized within the DJI Mimo App.  The camera is bound to my account and I have sold it and I would like to remove it from my account.  I am not referring to the icon on the forums, as I don't think that really does anything special. I am referring to the actual physical camera that is shown under Device Management within the DJI Mimo App.  

I cannot remove any device in there and would like it removed from my account as I no longer own any DJI Action 2 device.

Thank you for your clarification. Only the DJI Osmo Mobile series (OM3, OM4, OM4 SE, and OM5) is supported with binding and unbinding options via the Device Management in the DJI Mimo app. Other devices are not supported and it only supports checking information. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-2
Use props
WiscoPaddler
lvl.4
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-2 21:20
Thank you for your clarification. Only the DJI Osmo Mobile series (OM3, OM4, OM4 SE, and OM5) is supported with binding and unbinding options via the Device Management in the DJI Mimo app. Other devices are not supported and it only supports checking information. Thank you for your understanding and support.

So, once you bind it to an account that is permanent and is impossible for DJI to remove it from an account.  Is there a reason for this for cameras?  Since other devices can be unbound from an account it seems a little odd why a camera, once activated, remains permanently bound to an account forever.
2022-10-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

WiscoPaddler Posted at 10-3 04:26
So, once you bind it to an account that is permanent and is impossible for DJI to remove it from an account.  Is there a reason for this for cameras?  Since other devices can be unbound from an account it seems a little odd why a camera, once activated, remains permanently bound to an account forever.

Thank you for your response. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our team for attention. For now, this camera of yours will remain on your account as we don't have an option to remove it from the account. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-4
Use props
djiuser_ftDODsa9eE6B
New

Malaysia

Is there solution to this frm Dji? Seems to be awfully long to provide a simple solution to unbound and account.
2022-12-13
Use props
NJH
New

United Kingdom

I have the same issue, I used to own both the Osmo Action (V1) and the Osmo Pocket, both now sold on and just purchased the Osmo Action 3, but in the "Devie Management" section of the Mimo app, those old devices are still listed, defeats the point of calling it "Device Management" if you can't actualy manage them.

I no longer own them, so it seems a bit silly to not have the option to remove them from my account.
2023-6-6
Use props
alanxudodge
New

Australia

Dispite the fact that OP clearly states "unbind the camera from my account", yet admin came with :"you are referring to the DJI Action 2 icon on your profile in DJI Forum?"

not trying to be disrespectful here, but for real? Also the fact that this simple problem still hasnt be solved kinda cooralated to this kinda reply is some saying already.

had i know this is a problem i would not have bought the action 2. so many issues.
now even after i sold mine, it still gives me trouble?
DJI might be good at drones, but for now, seems like thats the only thing they are good at. software wise is still very much lacking.
2023-7-19
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is quite annoying. I have things on my account like the Pocket 1 going back years. Can't get rid of any of my old devices.
2023-11-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

BrianKushner Posted at 11-24 10:40
This is quite annoying. I have things on my account like the Pocket 1 going back years. Can't get rid of any of my old devices.

Hi there. We do apologize for the trouble. If you are using an Osmo Action and you want to unbind a product on your account please provide us your DJI Account and the serial number of the product via PM and we will process it for you. Please note that upon unbinding, the device will no longer be displayed under Device Management when you log in to the app using your DJI Account. Unbound devices cannot be bound to other accounts. We will wait for your response. Have a nice day ahead.  
2023-11-26
Use props
trollbiker
lvl.1
Norway

Hello
I have the same problem, sold one DJI Osmo Action and one was lost (destroyed). Not able to remove them from my DJI Mimo App. I cannot understand why this should not be possible. But I hope that the buyer is able to put the cam he bought into his account ? If he does, will it then finally be removed from my account or will it be listed in both his and my account. Please DJI....this has to be solved !! I dont want a big list of cams I dont own anymore to be listed.
2-28 13:17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

trollbiker Posted at 2-28 13:17
Hello
I have the same problem, sold one DJI Osmo Action and one was lost (destroyed). Not able to remove them from my DJI Mimo App. I cannot understand why this should not be possible. But I hope that the buyer is able to put the cam he bought into his account ? If he does, will it then finally be removed from my account or will it be listed in both his and my account. Please DJI....this has to be solved !! I dont want a big list of cams I dont own anymore to be listed.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. With the DJI Osmo Action series, we can only perform the unbinding on our end. Please send us the DJI account and serial number of the device that you want to unbind so we can process it on our end. You may send the information via PM. Please keep us posted.
2-28 22:15
Use props
cjr888
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3686988 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

trollbiker Posted at 2-28 13:17
Hello
I have the same problem, sold one DJI Osmo Action and one was lost (destroyed). Not able to remove them from my DJI Mimo App. I cannot understand why this should not be possible. But I hope that the buyer is able to put the cam he bought into his account ? If he does, will it then finally be removed from my account or will it be listed in both his and my account. Please DJI....this has to be solved !! I dont want a big list of cams I dont own anymore to be listed.

New owner won't be able to bind the camera to his own account. Been solving this myself yesterday with DJI support since I bought a new camera that was already bound to somebody else yet sold as new, and they confirmed that the Action cameras cannot be rebound to another account.
3-15 01:26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules