How to connect cables using LiDAR with RaveyEye and Focus Control
2334 1 2022-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_nFNyY7sLs4SD
lvl.1
New Zealand

The manuals (with font-size 0000000.ridiculous) and online videos only seem to explain how to connect individual devices - and the videos show use of different ports.

Currently I'm hooked up using:

• RavenEye RSS port (next to the HDMI port) connected to RS3 Pro RSS Port (and displays video on Android phone app)
  • RavenEye HDMI port connected to HDMI port on camera (Olympus OM-D E-M5 MkII)
  • LiDAR dp port connected to RS3 Pro bottom port (and shows video and all control functions if I swipe left on RS3 screen)
  • Focus Control connected to RS3 Pro middle port (and has green light)

The problem is:

• there's no power to the RaveyEye (via USB port at the opposite end to the RSS and HDMI ports) so eventually it dies
  • the app is behaving as if it doesn't see the  LiDAR - there's no tracking. There was at one stage but a couple of days ago the tracking starting moving back and forth getting faster until it would stop.
  • the app is behaving as if it doesn't see the Focus Control - there's no option on phone screen to control the focus (there was previously, a couple of days ago)
  • the C1 red light is currently flashing red and doesn't change if I tap the MF / AF button - which suggests it's not seeing the Focus Control?

It's as if there's a port missing but I'm sure I've just got things hooked up incorrectly.

Once I source a cable for the Olympus OM-D E-M5 MkII to connet to the RavenEye RSS port then that should free up a port but for now, that's not an option.

I did wonder if maybe the two ports on the Focus Control act as a pass through - especially because in some videos I see that the LiDAR is connected to the Focus Control - but then I don't get LiDAR video.

Annoyingly, I've just tried this again to double-check and now it won't deactivate the locks when powering up - it just gives me the normal menu onscreen but won't allow me to callibrate etc., ... The system is perfectly balanced (and no heat detected from the motors).  I've had the unit for about a week and this has happened about a half-dozen times and usually it's just a case of waiting about 10 minutes for something to reset and then all is fine.

So far I haven't actually been able to use it because I'm still trying to work out how to set it up properly.

Is anyone able to share how to hookup the ports to the LiDAR, RavenEye and Focus Control motor?

Cheers.
2022-9-30
Use props
johannesh
lvl.1
Sweden

My setup is as yours, but I have the top port connected to my camera, which makes me access rec/stop control from the rs3 pro.
Apparently and according to DJI there's no way using the Raveneye to control the camera AND at the same time use the lidar range finder.
You will also have to use an external power source for the raveneye (to extend usage time after the internal battery is empty)
To access lidar tracking use the small screen on the rs3 pro. (which I find hard, it's too small)

I hope they can fix this with a firmware update, since both the Focus Motor and the Lidar Range finder has two usb-ports..
2022-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules