Non DJI battery error FPV ?
5334 14 2022-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Snowbird147_NS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 283711 ft
Canada

I purchased the FPV fly more  battery kit and charged them up. I flew with the original battery today,  but when I changed to one from the kit, there was an error on my screen saying non DJI battery and would not let me take off. The second battery from the kit did the same thing..
The box the kit came in is authentic - at least it looks like that to me..

Anyone else have this issue? Hoping for some suggestions before contacting support etc..

Thanks
2022-9-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm how many batteries are affected? Can you please try the working battery first then try again the one that experiences the issue then check if the issue persists? If yes, kindly please try to wipe the metal contact pins on the battery or the aircraft with isopropyl alcohol (concentration >75%) then check if there are some changes. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-10-1
Use props
Snowbird147_NS
lvl.1
Canada

I will do that and report back - both of the new batteries from the fly more kit were doing this.  Thank you.
2022-10-1
Use props
Snowbird147_NS
lvl.1
Canada

I have cleaned the terminals as requested and no change - it still says non-DJI battery.
2022-10-1
Use props
Snowbird147_NS
lvl.1
Canada

I have connected to DJI assist 2 and for firmware it says it cannot load Firmware list - I have updated the firmware on the original battery previously.
2022-10-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you order the kit directly from DJI, a local retailer or an online retailer?
2022-10-1
Use props
Snowbird147_NS
lvl.1
Canada

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-1 08:01
Did you order the kit directly from DJI, a local retailer or an online retailer?

Was thru an auction site actually..  Update: DJI support came through for me - I sent them to their repair centre and they have repaired/ replaced them no charge.
2022-10-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Snowbird147_NS Posted at 10-10 06:08
Was thru an auction site actually..  Update: DJI support came through for me - I sent them to their repair centre and they have repaired/ replaced them no charge.

That's great news to hear that DJI came through.  
2022-10-11
Use props
djiuser_KnzDVJlY12hk
New

United States

I’m having same issue I purchased thru offer up can someone help
2022-11-11
Use props
Snowbird147_NS
lvl.1
Canada

Suggest you contact DJI support.. they came through for me..
2022-11-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_KnzDVJlY12hk Posted at 11-11 10:50
I’m having same issue I purchased thru offer up can someone help

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we are sorry to read that you are experiencing the same issues. If you have tried the suggestions from DJI Paladin and the error remains, you may consider sending the batteries and the drone (in case the same error appears on all batteries) back for further testing. We recommend that you reach out to our Customer Support first as mentioned by Snowbird147_NS in the previous comment above for further details about the warranty and the whole process. You may contact them through this link: {https://www.dji.com/support}. If your drone falls under a USA version, you also have an option to directly submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. Additionally, please note that warranty service can be applied depending on the warranty status and the version of the product. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-11
Use props
djiuser_T589OzdeNZDc
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-1 02:31
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm how many batteries are affected? Can you please try the working battery first then try again the one that experiences the issue then check if the issue persists? If yes, kindly please try to wipe the metal contact pins on the battery or the aircraft with isopropyl alcohol (concentration >75%) then check if there are some changes. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

I am also having the same issue.just bought the overly complicated broken piece of garbage today and signed a waiver that if i need to return it (to bestbuy) its a 15% restocking fee. which after thepurchase of the drone and motion controller, im out nearly 180 dollars because DJI sent a bad product. absolutely infuriating. also,their app isnt on the google play store and doesnt work on my phone. this company needs alot ofwork and is trying to pass off experimental garbage as quality products. zero star review anwhere i can leave one. makes me sik i have to give these clowns 180 dollars to return their broke. crap to them.
2022-12-26
Use props
djiuser_qczGCDH6PMBN
New

Saudi Arabia

djiuser_T589OzdeNZDc Posted at 2022-12-26 19:33
I am also having the same issue.just bought the overly complicated broken piece of garbage today and signed a waiver that if i need to return it (to bestbuy) its a 15% restocking fee. which after thepurchase of the drone and motion controller, im out nearly 180 dollars because DJI sent a bad product. absolutely infuriating. also,their app isnt on the google play store and doesnt work on my phone. this company needs alot ofwork and is trying to pass off experimental garbage as quality products. zero star review anwhere i can leave one. makes me sik i have to give these clowns 180 dollars to return their broke. crap to them.

I’m having the same issue. I bought it from BestBuy and I’m using the battery that’s actually come with it in the same box. It’s telling me it’s non DJI battery
2023-1-18
Use props
djiuser_qczGCDH6PMBN
New

Saudi Arabia

djiuser_T589OzdeNZDc Posted at 2022-12-26 19:33

I’m having the same issue. I bought it from BestBuy and I’m using the battery that’s actually come with it in the same box. It’s telling me it’s non DJI battery
2023-1-18
Use props
TheGodFather78
New

United States

I bought the DJI FPV Drone and Fly More kit in Nov. 2022. Since I have been using 3 batteries and no problems. I bought a fourth battery last week from Amazon, but whenever I plug it into the Drone, I receive the error message, in the goggles, Non-DJI Battery, but clearly it is… I can see the cameras stream out of the goggles but i cannot take off. Clearly, it's a software issue, DJI tells me that it is very rare.
Also I have a Suggestion for the FPV System that everyone would love to see... And that is Could you take the Flght info that you see in the goggle that is missing from the phone view and add that info... The height, distince and battery life info the the phones screen...

thank you
TheGodFather78
2023-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules