Does this charging indicator actually displays on the LCD?
926 8 2022-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

---DELETED---
2022-9-30
Use props
Nerdworld
lvl.4
Flight distance : 645144 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I think it's just a rendering.

But I think the current indicator is way too small and it's hard to figure out when the camera is completely charged.
2022-10-1
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

---DELETED---
2022-10-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. As the image shown on the post, is only a 3D rendering and it does not show on the actual unit when charging. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-1
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-1 21:29
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. As the image shown on the post, is only a 3D rendering and it does not show on the actual unit when charging. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Apparently, this is incorrect. And I'm really surprised DJI says it's just a "rendering".

Watch this video starting at 25 seconds. The guy shows the front LCD does display the circular charging indicator. Was anyone able to repro this? When is the charging indicator comes on the LCD? Does anyone use a USB-C "intelligent" charger? Is that a requirement for the circle to come on?

2022-12-25
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

osmonauta Posted at 12-25 11:14
Apparently, this is incorrect. And I'm really surprised DJI says it's just a "rendering".

Watch this video starting at 25 seconds. The guy shows the front LCD does display the circular charging indicator. Was anyone able to repro this? When is the charging indicator comes on the LCD? Does anyone use a USB-C "intelligent" charger? Is that a requirement for the circle to come on?

Seen it before but never on mine either. I guess it could be if using the super fast charging or intelligent charger of some kind like you mention.
2022-12-25
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Yes agree with DJI on Rendering, don't you

2022-12-25
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Fishycomics Posted at 12-25 13:06
Yes agree with DJI on Rendering, don't you

Hey thanks, Fish! So it needs a super-duper-usb-c charger.

Originally when I posted my question, I pointed to DJI's website where they showed this image with the circular indicator and asked if that's just a rendering (meaning, they used a 3D program to create the circular charging image on the front LCD) or is it real - since I didn't have that showing up on the screen. So the DJI guys said it's just a "rendering" - meaning, it was created in a 3D program. So apparently, no, it is not a 3D rendering. All you need is a USB-C smart/fast/whatever charger. Since I use a USB-A to USB-C cable, I never saw that indicator. And this explains why.

Thanks again for the video!

2022-12-25
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

osmonauta Posted at 12-25 15:19
Hey thanks, Fish! So it needs a super-duper-usb-c charger.

Originally when I posted my question, I pointed to DJI's website where they showed this image with the circular indicator and asked if that's just a rendering (meaning, they used a 3D program to create the circular charging image on the front LCD) or is it real - since I didn't have that showing up on the screen. So the DJI guys said it's just a "rendering" - meaning, it was created in a 3D program. So apparently, no, it is not a 3D rendering. All you need is a USB-C smart/fast/whatever charger. Since I use a USB-A to USB-C cable, I never saw that indicator. And this explains why.

I hear ya. they demosntrate the showing of Super-charge, the overlay  comes on for 3 seconds from a lightning  bolt to  super-charge and off. that is their way of saying rendering .   
2022-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules