1674 6 2022-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
B2T_Mattie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 640869 ft
United States

Hey guys,

Hoping a more veteran pilot can help me out with an issue here.

2 of my 3 IFB's continue to detect a firmware update. So obviously being prompted I went to update but thats where nothing happens.

I just hit the "update" button on the phone, wait 5 seconds while it shows the circular loading icon, and it goes back to the update button appearing. No download, light change, nothing.

Ive tried 2 current gen phones and one tablet (all DJI supported) with all different combinatons of wifi/bluetooth on or off, charged fully, you name it. I can even go in and manually check my 2nd and 3rd battery firmware (prompting the firmware update that way) but same problem.

From the drone side of things everything is charged and frankly in perfect shape. No crashes, no sneaky water damage. The batteries are still so new they dont even have 20 cycles on them yet. Keep them at 75% when not in use, never in the hub, no extreme temps, etc. etc.

I know of what seems like the far more common "battery issue" of the past but this isnt it. These dang things arent even 90 days old! Dji Assistant is obviously not an option.

Anyway thanks in advance. Just out of ideas. Ive yet to reach out formally to Dji to see if they are willing to make it right, but I'd much prefer a DIY fix and a quick return to the air.

Nothing worse than being grounded by your own, very new, gear.
2022-9-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to do the firmware update again to see if the issue persists? Before you perform the firmware update, kindly please make sure to restart first all of your components (drone,RC, and mobile device) then check if there is an update prompt. If the upgrade cannot be done successfully with the App, it is recommended that the user updates the firmware via DJI Assistant 2. At present, the DJI Assistant 2 software downloaded from the official website cannot upgrade the DJI Mini 2 and DJI Mini SE directly, but the DJI Assistant 2 can be modified to achieve the upgrade. Please check the below steps:

*Please download the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) from the DJI Website;

1. (FOR WINDOWS PC)
Open the folder where the assistant software is located, and find the "DJI Engine" folder, find "defaultsettings.ini", then open it and change the "0" to "1".

2. (FOR MAC/iOS)

Then connect the unit to the PC and update the firmware version. Please keep us posted for the result. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-9-30
Use props
B2T_Mattie
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-30 23:55
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to do the firmware update again to see if the issue persists? Before you perform the firmware update, kindly please make sure to restart first all of your components (drone,RC, and mobile device) then check if there is an update prompt. If the upgrade cannot be done successfully with the App, it is recommended that the user updates the firmware via DJI Assistant 2. At present, the DJI Assistant 2 software downloaded from the official website cannot upgrade the DJI Mini 2 and DJI Mini SE directly, but the DJI Assistant 2 can be modified to achieve the upgrade. Please check the below steps:

*Please download the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) from the DJI Website;

Thanks Paladin!

Ive got a Mac so will give this a shot this evening after work and keep you posted. Seems like a pretty common issue.
2022-10-1
Use props
B2T_Mattie
lvl.1
United States

B2T_Mattie Posted at 10-1 10:04
Thanks Paladin!

Ive got a Mac so will give this a shot this evening after work and keep you posted. Seems like a pretty common issue.

So far so good. Tested 2 of the 3 batteries out tonight but ran out of light.

Hopefully they discharge properly now.
2022-10-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

B2T_Mattie Posted at 10-1 10:04
Thanks Paladin!

Thank you for keeping us posted. Kindly please let us know the result after you did the test. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-10-2
Use props
Drone 5150
lvl.2
Flight distance : 88294 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-2 21:11
Thank you for keeping us posted. Kindly please let us know the result after you did the test. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

Does this file modification still need to be made to update firmware on Mini 2?  Will this mod affect other drones such as Mavic 3?
2022-11-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Drone 5150 Posted at 11-29 18:00
Does this file modification still need to be made to update firmware on Mini 2?  Will this mod affect other drones such as Mavic 3?

Thank you for reaching out. This procedure is only applicable to the DJI Mini 2. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules