Mini 3 Pro photo and panoramic folders
5046 7 2022-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dajuror
lvl.2
Flight distance : 934649 ft
United States

After pulling the card from the first flight and looking at photos I noticed that there is no folder for the individual photos used to stitch the panoramic shots together and have to ask why?
I ask because I’m noticing really poor horizontal meshing when it’s viewed both on the controller and on a PC monitor. Nor can I remove or transfer any of the spherical shots…can’t even find them.
2022-9-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you're shooting 360Panos, then the App Assembles the individual images on the fly, and stores only the finished result if you're shooting in JPG. You have to shoot in J-RAW ( JPG and RAW) then the individual images will be stored on the SD card in DNG format.
2022-10-1
Use props
Dajuror
lvl.2
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 10-1 09:53
If you're shooting 360Panos, then the App Assembles the individual images on the fly, and stores only the finished result if you're shooting in JPG. You have to shoot in J-RAW ( JPG and RAW) then the individual images will be stored on the SD card in DNG format.

And therein lies the problem. I cannot locate the folders that hold The individual shots used to assemble the wide angle panorama’s, or any of the others that you can put together your self using image composite editor. I have always found that using I.C.E. The shots turned out much better than relying on the DJI’s software and you had more control.
I guess I miss the folders that had say seven individual shots that you could assemble for a wide angle panorama, that system worked well for me.
2022-10-1
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dajuror Posted at 10-1 10:03
And therein lies the problem. I cannot locate the folders that hold The individual shots used to assemble the wide angle panorama’s, or any of the others that you can put together your self using image composite editor. I have always found that using I.C.E. The shots turned out much better than relying on the DJI’s software and you had more control.
I guess I miss the folders that had say seven individual shots that you could assemble for a wide angle panorama, that system worked well for me.

The algorithm used by DJI takes 35 shots for a 360 degree panorama, but does a pretty poor job of stitching. I shoot in both JPG and RAW now, and stitch the images in other software for better results.
2022-10-1
Use props
Dajuror
lvl.2
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 10-1 10:22
The algorithm used by DJI takes 35 shots for a 360 degree panorama, but does a pretty poor job of stitching. I shoot in both JPG and RAW now, and stitch the images in other software for better results.
When you pull the images to stitch them together, on which card are they stored? The drone internal OR the micro SD. I’ve looked on both cards and see NO folders containing multiple images for stitching, I see no other image folder except one holding stills, video AND panoramic images ALREADY stitched (very poorly in my opinion).
If a DJI rep reads this:
If this is, indeed, the case and images requiring processing are no longer stored in separate folders would DJI consider changing this? Back to something say like the Mini2 has? it is particularly frustrating to spend the time and effort to get the shots when they are stitched together poorly or you can’t even find them to process them.
UPDATE All is good folder found, it was operator headspace error
2022-10-2
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dajuror Posted at 10-2 20:07
When you pull the images to stitch them together, on which card are they stored? The drone internal OR the micro SD. I’ve looked on both cards and see NO folders containing multiple images for stitching, I see no other image folder except one holding stills, video AND panoramic images ALREADY stitched (very poorly in my opinion).
If a DJI rep reads this:
If this is, indeed, the case and images requiring processing are no longer stored in separate folders would DJI consider changing this? Back to something say like the Mini2 has? it is particularly frustrating to spend the time and effort to get the shots when they are stitched together poorly or you can’t even find them to process them.

You don't specify which of your drones you're referring to, but from your comments I'm guessing it's your Mini3Pro with DJI controller. All images and video are stored on the SD card in the drone, also the stitched images from any Panos that you do. There's another SD slot in the controller, as you probably know. I keep a spare one in there, but I've not used it yet.
Don't forget, if you shoot in JPEG only the individual images will not be stored - just the finished panorama. You need to set the shooting mode to J-RAW to save the images as DNG(RAW) files.
These will be the ones to use for stitching in an external program, for a better result.
2022-10-3
Use props
Jiheffe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276302 ft
Belgium

This is honestly a real pain in the ass...
I'm used to shoot in RAW so I have all my panos available as individual images in subfolders, so I can further process them with PTGui. I had set the settings once (and I thought forever), and always got my images right since then, no need to bother.
Just returned from a day at the french seaside, to find out none of my panos are there in subfolders... Only the on-the-fly generated JPGs... :-(...

For some reason, the controller decided to switch me back to JPG only :-( ... This is a pain the ass, it completely ruined my flying session, as I am not going to be able to go back there soon... Not to mention to find the same light conditions etc...

Especially when the on board stitching software does a bad job, where it would have been a piece of cake to do it right with PTGui.... See examples attached...

230804_JFS_CotedOpale_DJIM3P_232160122.jpg
230804_JFS_CotedOpale_DJIM3P_232160121.jpg
2023-8-7
Use props
djiuser_Ncp5glVyYOLh
lvl.2

Australia

I am experiencing the same problems, with the SAME SD cards that I have always used!
These cards are listed in the mini3pro specs on your website at https://www.dji.com/au/mini-3-pro/specs
SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB V30 A2 microSDXC
SanDisk Extreme Pro 256GB V30 A2 microSDXC
I shoot panoramas in RAW+JPEG (I only use the Raw files, but the drone shoots the jpegs in order to (badly) stitch a low resolution jpeg panorama.
Previously, the drone would store the DNG + JPEG files on the SD card, now I discover that only the badly stitched low resolution pano is saved there.
It is as if DJI have totally killed the DNG panorama feature.
Because I had some urgent jobs and DJI locally couldn't solve the problem, I bought a new Mini3Pro (drone only), set it up today and made a test.
SAME PROBLEM!WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THIS DRONE?
Here is an example of a 360° panorama shot in DNG frame format, converted to Tiff files, stitched in PTGUI Pro then converted to a virtual tour online.
Resolution is about 260 Mpx and I hope that you can't see any stitching errors!
https://www.hiddenmelbourne.com.au/camberwell-town-hall/
PLEASE SORT THIS OUT URGENTLY
Barney from Melbourne  Australia
2023-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules