6490 47 2022-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansebfd0e0b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 29206 ft
Canada

Hello,
My drone's gimbal seems to vibrate during startup(happened 4 out of 10 times). A gental touch fixes it. Is this normal?
My situation is similar to this(video):

2022-10-1
Use props
PAROINA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3279160 ft
United States

Nope. Not normal. I had 2 drones do this. Send it to DJI.
2022-10-1
Use props
fansebfd0e0b
lvl.3
Canada

Did you end up getting one that doesn't do it ?
2022-10-1
Use props
PAROINA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3279160 ft
United States

fansebfd0e0b Posted at 10-1 21:21
Did you end up getting one that doesn't do it ?

My first drone had a gimbal problem in the horizontal mode. It would not center. Sent it back. They gave me a new drone. The moment I powered it up, it was doing what yours is. I sent it back and they sent me another new one. This one had a constant vibration. I sent it back. At this point I was a little frustrated because they kept sending me faulty drones and the fact that I was without a drone for weeks. This time I agreed to let them open a new drone and fully test it before they sent it to me. I am now on that 4th drone and all is well. I will tell you that DJI paid for all the shipping to and from my house. I paid nothing. All I lost was the down time being without a drone.
2022-10-1
Use props
fansebfd0e0b
lvl.3
Canada

PAROINA Posted at 10-1 21:35
My first drone had a gimbal problem in the horizontal mode. It would not center. Sent it back. They gave me a new drone. The moment I powered it up, it was doing what yours is. I sent it back and they sent me another new one. This one had a constant vibration. I sent it back. At this point I was a little frustrated because they kept sending me faulty drones and the fact that I was without a drone for weeks. This time I agreed to let them open a new drone and fully test it before they sent it to me. I am now on that 4th drone and all is well. I will tell you that DJI paid for all the shipping to and from my house. I paid nothing. All I lost was the down time being without a drone.

ohh, thats nice. This is my third drone and it seems to be working fine except the gimbal shake. I just calibrated the gimbal and it hasn't made that noise so far. I hope it does away.
2022-10-1
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had the same problem with mine when I got it several months ago. Tapping the gimbal resolved the problem.  Since then, it's been fine.Note that, before start-up, the camera should be pointing downwards.  In your video, the gimbal did not complete its full initiation 'dance' through its full range of movement, which is why it vibrates.
2022-10-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm if the unit experience a hard landing before? In addition, kindly please perform the gimbal calibration via the DJI Fly app then check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-10-2
Use props
fansebfd0e0b
lvl.3
Canada

Blériot53 Posted at 10-2 00:00
I had the same problem with mine when I got it several months ago. Tapping the gimbal resolved the problem.  Since then, it's been fine.Note that, before start-up, the camera should be pointing downwards.  In your video, the gimbal did not complete its full initiation 'dance' through its full range of movement, which is why it vibrates.

so making the camera pointing downwards everytime before startup can prevent this problem? and has this problem caused any performance issues for you?
2022-10-2
Use props
fansebfd0e0b
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-2 04:39
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm if the unit experience a hard landing before? In addition, kindly please perform the gimbal calibration via the DJI Fly app then check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

i did 6 start-ups after the calibration. The issue has not shown yet. I will keep monitoring it
2022-10-2
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansebfd0e0b Posted at 10-2 08:30
so making the camera pointing downwards everytime before startup can prevent this problem? and has this problem caused any performance issues for you?

Since I observed this, I've had no problems whatsoever. Pointing the camera downwards before switch-on ensures that the gimbal performs its full "dance" through its full range of movement, then settles in the level position with no vibration.
2022-10-2
Use props
fansebfd0e0b
lvl.3
Canada

Blériot53 Posted at 10-2 08:37
Since I observed this, I've had no problems whatsoever. Pointing the camera downwards before switch-on ensures that the gimbal performs its full "dance" through its full range of movement, then settles in the level position with no vibration.

ok thanks man. I will start doing this from now on
2022-10-2
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansebfd0e0b Posted at 10-2 08:38
ok thanks man. I will start doing this from now on

No problem. Try it a couple of times first to satisfy yourself that it works, before flying
2022-10-2
Use props
fansebfd0e0b
lvl.3
Canada

Blériot53 Posted at 10-2 08:37

and in your case did the vibration stop on its own every time or do you have to tap it? in my case i have to tap it to fix it.
2022-10-2
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansebfd0e0b Posted at 10-2 08:42
and in your case did the vibration stop on its own every time or do you have to tap it? in my case i have to tap it to fix it.

It doesn't vibrate at all now. If it ever did, I know a gentle tap would cure it. I've never considered it to be a problem. If your experience is different, you still have the option to start a claim with DJI whilst it's still under warranty.
2022-10-2
Use props
fansebfd0e0b
lvl.3
Canada

Blériot53 Posted at 10-2 08:48
It doesn't vibrate at all now. If it ever did, I know a gentle tap would cure it. I've never considered it to be a problem. If your experience is different, you still have the option to start a claim with DJI whilst it's still under warranty.

but did it ever stop vibrating by itself? or did you have to tap it to stop it from vibrating every time
2022-10-2
Use props
RogerLswe
lvl.2
Sweden

It's so strange that DJI will not comment this issue?! Is it a real fault or can it be solved with a firmware update? It's now 6 weeks since the last aircraft firmware release (.300)
2022-10-2
Use props
fansebfd0e0b
lvl.3
Canada

RogerLswe Posted at 10-2 08:56
It's so strange that DJI will not comment this issue?! Is it a real fault or can it be solved with a firmware update? It's now 6 weeks since the last aircraft firmware release (.300)

personally, i dont think it affects the performance of the aircraft. I doubt its a hardware issue
2022-10-2
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansebfd0e0b Posted at 10-2 08:51
but did it ever stop vibrating by itself? or did you have to tap it to stop it from vibrating every time

Since those early days the problem has not come back.
2022-10-2
Use props
fansebfd0e0b
lvl.3
Canada

Blériot53 Posted at 10-2 09:07
Since those early days the problem has not come back.

ok thanks mate.
2022-10-2
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good luck. Enjoy
2022-10-2
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Hi,fansebfd0e0b, I posted this video of the gimbal buzzing some months ago. I contacted Dji support with this problem and they made me do all calibrations before sending it in. After their confirmation of my problem, replacement was send whitin one week under garanty.
2022-10-2
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

The gimbal is nervous because you are recording it.  Nervous gimbals shake slightly.
2022-10-2
Use props
fansebfd0e0b
lvl.3
Canada

I tried to put the gimbal completely facing down. It really helped. Now it's doing a different set of gimbal dance during the start. (More moves than before) before it only moved slightly during the dance.
2022-10-2
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansebfd0e0b Posted at 10-2 15:19
I tried to put the gimbal completely facing down. It really helped. Now it's doing a different set of gimbal dance during the start. (More moves than before) before it only moved slightly during the dance.

That's exactly it - and has the vibration gone?
2022-10-2
Use props
RogerLswe
lvl.2
Sweden

Blériot53 Posted at 10-2 23:50

No, it's not gone. I tried this but after the gimbal dance it vibrated one second.
2022-10-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RogerLswe Posted at 10-3 00:23
No, it's not gone. I tried this but after the gimbal dance it vibrated one second.

Hmm. Only you can decide whether it's worth sending back for replacement.
Try for a while, see how you get on. I have no worries with mine now, after the initial incidences.
You may find, like I did, that it settles down after a while.
How many flights have you done with it, so far?
2022-10-3
Use props
R3SKT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 537710 ft
United Kingdom

Do you just manually point the gimbal down with gentle finger pressure whilst powered off to ensure it is pointing downwards before powering up the aircraft? I have also had a situation where the gimbal just sat and vibrated without performing its choreographed start-up dance. Looking at my drone at rest the gimbal is pointing forward at present. New to all of this and eager to absorb all information quickly to ensure I don't screw up!
2022-10-3
Use props
fansebfd0e0b
lvl.3
Canada

Blériot53 Posted at 10-2 23:50

Yes it has.
2022-10-3
Use props
fansebfd0e0b
lvl.3
Canada

RogerLswe Posted at 10-3 00:23
No, it's not gone. I tried this but after the gimbal dance it vibrated one second.

You need to point it full down . Not partially down
2022-10-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great to know
2022-10-3
Use props
RogerLswe
lvl.2
Sweden

Blériot53 Posted at 10-3 00:31
Hmm. Only you can decide whether it's worth sending back for replacement.
Try for a while, see how you get on. I have no worries with mine now, after the initial incidences.
You may find, like I did, that it settles down after a while.
I'm not sending it back yet. I will wait for the next aircraft firmware update. I've done about 50 flights (=15 hours). The gimbal doesn't always vibrate, that's so strange.
2022-10-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RogerLswe Posted at 10-3 08:23
I'm not sending it back yet. I will wait for the next aircraft firmware update. I've done about 50 flights (=15 hours). The gimbal doesn't always vibrate, that's so strange.

Have you tried re-calibrating the gimbal?  ( I haven't)
2022-10-3
Use props
RogerLswe
lvl.2
Sweden

Blériot53 Posted at 10-3 08:47
Have you tried re-calibrating the gimbal?  ( I haven't)

Yes, I have recalibrated the gimbal. I have never seen any error code on RC so I think it's not that big issue, it's just annoying.
2022-10-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RogerLswe Posted at 10-3 08:56
Yes, I have recalibrated the gimbal. I have never seen any error code on RC so I think it's not that big issue, it's just annoying.

I tend to agree. In the unlikely event of a problem developing, there's still warranty time left if a claim should become necessary.
2022-10-3
Use props
SparkyPN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 133711 ft
New Zealand

This has solved my one doing it 95% of the time. The odd one here and there but nothing like it was. I hate it when things dont work properly, you sir have saved my sanity. Thank you
2022-10-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SparkyPN Posted at 10-3 11:38
This has solved my one doing it 95% of the time. The odd one here and there but nothing like it was. I hate it when things dont work properly, you sir have saved my sanity. Thank you

Delighted to learn that you've just about solved your problem, and glad to have helped.
It's what the Forum is all about
Enjoy the hobby, and fly safe
2022-10-3
Use props
fansebfd0e0b
lvl.3
Canada

SparkyPN Posted at 10-3 11:38
This has solved my one doing it 95% of the time. The odd one here and there but nothing like it was. I hate it when things dont work properly, you sir have saved my sanity. Thank you

i feel like if our drones dont shake often and the shake during startup doesnt affect the actual performance. there should be nothing to worry about.
2022-10-3
Use props
fansebfd0e0b
lvl.3
Canada

Blériot53 Posted at 10-3 09:44
I tend to agree. In the unlikely event of a problem developing, there's still warranty time left if a claim should become necessary.

in my case, ill just keep using it. if some issues develop in the future, i will just either use warranty or get a replacement with my care refresh.
2022-10-3
Use props
fansebfd0e0b
lvl.3
Canada

RogerLswe Posted at 10-3 08:23

does your drone gimbal vibrate in flight or only during the startup?
2022-10-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansebfd0e0b Posted at 10-3 12:43
in my case, ill just keep using it. if some issues develop in the future, i will just either use warranty or get a replacement with my care refresh.

Same here
2022-10-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules