Max SDMicro Card Supported by DJI RC?
651 21 2022-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SammyUGA
lvl.1

United States

What is the max size microsd card supported by the DJI RC?
2022-10-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've used a 512GB card in the RC without issue.  However, it is a bit of overkill just to screen record.  Best to put that size card in the drone.
2022-10-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. You may refer to the recommended list through this link:  https://www.dji.com/rc/specs
2022-10-2
Use props
SammyUGA
lvl.1

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-2 18:30
Hello, there. You may refer to the recommended list through this link:  https://www.dji.com/rc/specs

Many thanks!  I assume from this that 512 is max?  Also, any formatting required before I use?  Thanks again.
2022-10-2
Use props
SammyUGA
lvl.1

United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-2 02:32
I've used a 512GB card in the RC without issue.  However, it is a bit of overkill just to screen record.  Best to put that size card in the drone.

Thanks. I wasn’t even aware the RC had an Sd slot. So which does what?  Drone records and remote takes stills?  Thanks again.
2022-10-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

SammyUGA Posted at 10-2 20:22
Thanks. I wasn’t even aware the RC had an Sd slot. So which does what?  Drone records and remote takes stills?  Thanks again.

The drone can record videos/photos to the inserted SD Card.  Best to format the card while it is in the drone by using the DJI Fly App.  The new DJI RC can screen record or screen shot if you have an SD Card in it.  
2022-10-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

SammyUGA Posted at 10-2 20:07
Many thanks!  I assume from this that 512 is max?  Also, any formatting required before I use?  Thanks again.

Thanks for your reply. All the SD cards on the recommended list have been tested.  We can not guarantee the compatibility of other SD cards. You may format the SD card via App or on the computer if needed.
2022-10-3
Use props
SammyUGA
lvl.1

United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-3 01:57
The drone can record videos/photos to the inserted SD Card.  Best to format the card while it is in the drone by using the DJI Fly App.  The new DJI RC can screen record or screen shot if you have an SD Card in it.

Thanks very much. So when I press record or still photo button on my DJI RC am I recording on the card in the drone or onboard the RC?  Trying to figure out where to put the larger SD card.
2022-10-4
Use props
SammyUGA
lvl.1

United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-3 01:57

So if I have cards in both the drone and the remote when I press record on my RC remote am I recording on the card in the drone or the RC?  Or does it make no sense to have cards on both drone andvRC?
2022-10-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

SammyUGA Posted at 10-4 19:44
Thanks very much. So when I press record or still photo button on my DJI RC am I recording on the card in the drone or onboard the RC?  Trying to figure out where to put the larger SD card.

When you press the still or record button you are recording to the drone so best to put largest card in the drone.  
2022-10-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

SammyUGA Posted at 10-4 19:48
So if I have cards in both the drone and the remote when I press record on my RC remote am I recording on the card in the drone or the RC?  Or does it make no sense to have cards on both drone andvRC?

The card in the RC is only used when you go into the Fly App settings and turn on "screen recording".  
2022-10-5
Use props
SammyUGA
lvl.1

United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-5 04:00
When you press the still or record button you are recording to the drone so best to put largest card in the drone.

Many thanks!
2022-10-6
Use props
SammyUGA
lvl.1

United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-5 04:01
The card in the RC is only used when you go into the Fly App settings and turn on "screen recording".

Many thanks!
2022-10-6
Use props
SammyUGA
lvl.1

United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-5 04:00

Many thanks!
2022-10-6
Use props
SammyUGA
lvl.1

United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-5 04:01
The card in the RC is only used when you go into the Fly App settings and turn on "screen recording".

Many thanks!
2022-10-6
Use props
SammyUGA
lvl.1

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-2 18:30

Thank you.
2022-10-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

You're welcome.  
2022-10-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

You're welcome.  
2022-10-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

You're welcome.  
2022-10-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

My pleasure.
2022-10-7
Use props
George 13
New

Australia

Hi, do you need to use 2 micro sd cards or is one sufficient in the drone or in the remote please.  
4-18 06:38
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

George 13 Posted at 4-18 06:38
Hi, do you need to use 2 micro sd cards or is one sufficient in the drone or in the remote please.

Thank you for reaching out. It is recommended to have a MicroSD Card in the drone and RC. Here are the reasons why you need a microSD card for the remote controller:
1. It is for caching videos (the current firmware version does not support photo caching).
(Note: Videos cannot be cached if a microSD card is not mounted. Meanwhile, you can only preview low-definition files after tapping the Playback icon on the screen of DJI RC when the aircraft is powered on. If the aircraft is powered off, no files can be viewed through the remote controller, because the files are transmitted from the aircraft in real-time.)
2. It is for screen capture and recording.
(The screenshot and screen recording functions are only available after installing a microSD card. When the microSD card is not installed, a prompt will appear stating “Install microSD card”).
3. When the microSD card is not inserted, it is unable to copy internal storage files to the microSD card [Currently, the internal storage cannot be accessed by computers or mobile devices.]
Hope this helps. Thank you for your support.
4-21 22:06
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules