My Osmo 6 Will Not Turn On
4978 16 2022-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tom617
lvl.4
Flight distance : 75699 ft
United States

This afternoon I received my Osmo Mobile 6, charged the battery, installed a firmware update and took a few videos and photos. All seemed well until I put the Osmo Mobile 6 into standby, removed my iPhone 14 Pro Max, and folded up the gimbal to turn it off. A few minutes later I unfolded the gimbal to turn it on, but it would not power up. Furthermore, when I plugged the gimbal into several different USB C chargers, the green battery light did not come on. My new Osmo Mobile 6 appears to be stone dead.

Is there any combination of button presses that will reset the Osmo Mobile 6 and bring it back to life. Otherwise, I am returning my Osmo Mobile 6 to Amazon for a refund.

Tom
2022-10-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Could you please provide us with a related video for our further checks?
2022-10-2
Use props
Tom617
lvl.4
United States

A video is entirely pointless. My Osmo 6 is totally dead. It will not turn on when unfolded  and when plugged into a USB C charger no lights come on and the Osmo 6 shows no signs of life at all. Unless you have a specific method to bring this Osmo 6 to life it is being returned tomorrow to Amazon for a refund as a defective product.
2022-10-2
Use props
Tom617
lvl.4
United States

Tom617 Posted at 10-2 03:39
A video is entirely pointless. My Osmo 6 is totally dead. It will not turn on when unfolded  and when plugged into a USB C charger no lights come on and the Osmo 6 shows no signs of life at all. Unless you have a specific method to bring this Osmo 6 to life it is being returned tomorrow to Amazon for a refund as a defective product.

I returned the dead Osmo Mobile 6 to Amazon and received a new Osmo Mobile 6 from Amazon yesterday. So far all is well with the new gimbal.  I charged it fully, installed the latest firmware on it,  took several videos and photos and panoramas with it yesterday afternoon. It behaves so far exactly as expected.

it is disappointing to see not a single useful response to my initial post above. I still feel there must be some way to do a system reset of the Osmo 6.

Tom
2022-10-5
Use props
djiuser_rtcFn6m4PvEf
New
Flight distance : 12215 ft
Australia

Just received mine today and I’m having the exact same problem. Won’t turn on at all and no charging light. I bought direct from DJI and their process for replacement is terrible and takes weeks. Should have gone with Amazon.
2022-10-26
Use props
djiuser_g5T1Khe3eGqZ
New
Austria

i have the same problem..today i get mz osmo 6 and when i put in to charge i see that nothing charge..green lamp staz still but red lamp blinkin for hours and dont charge and i can turn on
2022-12-10
Use props
djiuser_r8s0D6h3rzh3
New

United Kingdom

The same problem here. It keep blinking red battery. I did try several chargers and no difference. Charging for hours but can't turn it on.
2023-8-5
Use props
Iczeman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8336266 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

Same issue happened to me few days ago unfortunately during holidays but already super quickly replaced by new one by DJI.
OM6 was completely bricked with only red battery light and nothing helped at all.
2023-8-9
Use props
djiuser_oBeJIpfhsE1R
New

South Africa

Sorry guys, this is totally off topic but i recently got the Osmo mobile 4 Se and i would just like to know if dust and stuff can get to the motors when used in a sandy or dusty environment as i do not want to use the gimbal in the wrong environments and cause damage

Please advise.
2023-8-17
Use props
Juozas Auscaronkalnis
New

United Kingdom

Hi, I bought Mobile 6. When I unpacked it, it did work, but after I charged it, it looks like battery is never charged. Keeps turning on and off… is this a faulty battery or am I doing anything wrong… I left it charging over night too but the battery symbol stayed green…

Video: youtu.be/Cy6UTxr_suU
2023-8-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Juozas Auscaronkalnis Posted at 8-21 22:46
Hi, I bought Mobile 6. When I unpacked it, it did work, but after I charged it, it looks like battery is never charged. Keeps turning on and off… is this a faulty battery or am I doing anything wrong… I left it charging over night too but the battery symbol stayed green…

Video: youtu.be/Cy6UTxr_suU

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Have you already tried replacing the charger or a different power outlet? It will be fully charged for approximately about 1 hour and 24 minutes using a 10W charger.
2023-8-22
Use props
Gavin_Uk
lvl.1
United Kingdom

There is a video on YouTube where someone has bought a faulty unit to try and fault find with it, it had the same problem as stated on here. He traced the fault to a faulty capacitor that had shorted on the circuit board near to the first joint from the handle. Here is a link to the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZLwfFZDQbY
2023-12-25
Use props
Igor Sapozhnikov
New

Dominican Republic

I got my Osmo mobile 6  2 weeks ago
The connection status light dos not on.
I have charged device at least 2 times
Any suggestions?
Thank you
2-8 05:36
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Igor Sapozhnikov Posted at 2-8 05:36
I got my Osmo mobile 6  2 weeks ago
The connection status light dos not on.
I have charged device at least 2 times

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please upload a short video showing the issue so we can check it further. You may send the link here after uploading the video in Google Drive or YouTube. Please keep us posted.
2-9 03:14
Use props
MASOUD TAMIZKAR
New

Australia

My OSMO 6 is dead . I did not use it for a while and it just happened. Does not charge or show any signs of working. That is a shame!
3-22 12:34
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

MASOUD TAMIZKAR Posted at 3-22 12:34
My OSMO 6 is dead . I did not use it for a while and it just happened. Does not charge or show any signs of working. That is a shame!

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused. Have you tried to use a different USB cable to charge the unit to further isolate the issue? Kindly upload a short video showing the issue so we can check it further. Please keep us posted.
3-22 21:06
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

MASOUD TAMIZKAR Posted at 3-22 12:34

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble you are experiencing. If I may ask, have you already tried replacing the charger to check if it's a charging issue or a problem with the OM 6 itself? Thank you.
3-22 21:10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules