6815 35 2022-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OnePixel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45049 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hello, is there a way to drain the batteries without damaging them?
I have four batteries and two, not having used them, remained at 100%. After a week the batteryes remained at 95%.
There is a gentle way to download them safely. How do you do it?
Thank you and greetings

2022-10-2
Use props
Xviews
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229255 ft
Germany

as they are liion, it does not matter
2022-10-2
Use props
OnePixel
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Thanks for the reply. I am referring to the user manual. "Auto-Discharge Function: To prevent swelling, the battery will automatically discharge to approximately 96% of its charge level when inactive for one day, and to approximately 60% when inactive for five days."
But after a week the battery is still over 96%.
Is there a problem in the self-discharge circuit?
2022-10-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

OnePixel Posted at 10-2 01:59
Thanks for the reply. I am referring to the user manual. "Auto-Discharge Function: To prevent swelling, the battery will automatically discharge to approximately 96% of its charge level when inactive for one day, and to approximately 60% when inactive for five days."

It doesn't sound like they are auto-discharging properly.  Give it a few more days and see if they discharge to 60% at the ten day mark.  
2022-10-2
Use props
OnePixel
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-2 03:24
It doesn't sound like they are auto-discharging properly.  Give it a few more days and see if they discharge to 60% at the ten day mark.

Thanks for the reply. I'll do as you suggested.
I will update you in another five days.
2022-10-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. To prevent swelling, the battery automatically discharges to approximately 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day, and approximately 60% when idle for five days. It is normal to feel moderate heat from the battery, while it is discharging. You may refer to page 30 of the DJI Avata manual and also I will post a link wherein you can access the Safety Guidelines for the DJI Avata. Thank you for your valued support.

DJI Avata Manual:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual-EN.pdf

DJI Avata Safety Guidelines:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... nes_v1.0_4langs.pdf
2022-10-2
Use props
OnePixel
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-2 03:45
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. To prevent swelling, the battery automatically discharges to approximately 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day, and approximately 60% when idle for five days. It is normal to feel moderate heat from the battery, while it is discharging. You may refer to page 30 of the DJI Avata manual and also I will post a link wherein you can access the Safety Guidelines for the DJI Avata. Thank you for your valued support.

DJI Avata Manual:

Thanks for the reply. As I wrote before, it is precisely by referring to the user manual that the timing does not coincide.
A week has passed since the last charge but the percentage is still above 96. What could have gone wrong with the self-discharge system?

Thank you
2022-10-2
Use props
DR0N3X
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1093159 ft
Germany

OnePixel Posted at 10-2 03:55
Thanks for the reply. As I wrote before, it is precisely by referring to the user manual that the timing does not coincide.
A week has passed since the last charge but the percentage is still above 96. What could have gone wrong with the self-discharge system?

If you check the battery charge using the button on the back you're telling the battery that you intend to use it soon and it will reset the timer.

At least this is how it was for the Mavic series and I assume it stayed the same on our Avatas
2022-10-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

OnePixel Posted at 10-2 03:55

Please let us know the battery percentage after the 5 days test, OnePixel for us to check. Thank you.
2022-10-2
Use props
OnePixel
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

DR0N3X Posted at 10-2 11:09
If you check the battery charge using the button on the back you're telling the battery that you intend to use it soon and it will reset the timer.

At least this is how it was for the Mavic series and I assume it stayed the same on our Avatas

Ah. Very interesting. Thanks for the reply. So the batteries should be ignored for at least five days. Wish they had written it in the user manual.
2022-10-2
Use props
OnePixel
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-2 21:41
Please let us know the battery percentage after the 5 days test, OnePixel for us to check. Thank you.

Yes, certainly.

Thank you
2022-10-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

OnePixel Posted at 10-2 21:47
Yes, certainly.

Thank you

You're welcome. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-4
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 64820 ft
Netherlands

I left my batteries idle and off the charger for a full week.
Still they remain charged close to 100%.

Please review the firmware to see if the auto-discharge is working correctly.
I hate to see my batteries get damaged by improper discharging.
2022-10-9
Use props
OnePixel
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Killerbee Posted at 10-9 04:35
I left my batteries idle and off the charger for a full week.
Still they remain charged close to 100%.

I agree.
The self-discharge didn't work for me either. They asked me to do a further five-day test.
2022-10-9
Use props
OnePixel
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-2 21:41
Please let us know the battery percentage after the 5 days test, OnePixel for us to check. Thank you.

Good morning. This morning I checked the SOC of the batteries and the percentage is 59 for all three. Well I would say.
2022-10-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

OnePixel Posted at 10-9 23:52
Good morning. This morning I checked the SOC of the batteries and the percentage is 59 for all three. Well I would say.

Thank you for keeping us posted. It seems that all of your batteries discharge well as it shows here that the battery must discharge for approximately 60% in 5  days. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you
2022-10-11
Use props
CappyA330
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38648 ft
United States

Xviews Posted at 10-2 00:09
as they are liion, it does not matter

The produce page is incorrect. The batteries labels themselves reveal that they are LIPO - hence the circuity and logic to discharge automatically to 60% as is best for LIPO.
2022-10-11
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

FYI:  If you ever needed to travel (airline travel) with them and needed a quick discharge.  You could certainly power up the Avata and just hoover long enough to drain the battery.  For safety it's often required by airlines that the batteries are not fully charged during the flight.

Battery Firmware Updates (Page 83 User Manual)
Also, just a reminder for those with MULTIPLE Avata batteries.  If you do a firmware update on the aircraft itself that EACH BATTERY will also require the update.  Just insert each battery into the Avata and power on the aircraft.  A prompt will appear in the goggles to update the battery.  Better to do this before flights so you don't have to do it in the field.  
2022-10-11
Use props
OnePixel
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-11 03:01
Thank you for keeping us posted. It seems that all of your batteries discharge well as it shows here that the battery must discharge for approximately 60% in 5  days. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you

Many thanks
2022-10-11
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 64820 ft
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-11 03:01

Then what about my batteries? They don't discharge as intended.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D780%26typeid%3D780
2022-10-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

You are very much welcome. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-10-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Killerbee Posted at 10-11 07:58
Then what about my batteries? They don't discharge as intended.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=276647&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D780%26typeid%3D780

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble, Killerbee. I will respond on your thread now. Thank you.
2022-10-12
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is real good information as the manual is not so quite clear.  Thank you all for clarification.  
2023-1-9
Use props
tiPz
lvl.2
United States

For me, I can’t wait a week for it to discharge so I use my lipo charger (iCharger 410 duo) to discharge to storage level.  The connectors are just XT-30’s.
Set the charger for Lipo, 4S, 2.5amps discharge rate then hit storage.
Been doing this for years on all my DJI batteries.
2023-1-9
Use props
freedom2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 519747 ft
France

Couldn't wait a week either... and didn't want to fully charge them to after discharge... would damage the battery in the long term.

So I made a simple "hack" : https://youtube.com/shorts/oBY43TFwshM

JP

avata_batmon1.jpg
2023-1-9
Use props
tiPz
lvl.2
United States

Wow, very smart people here!!
I checked out the info of this “simple hack” and was totally impressed!  Wished I had taken programming courses
AAC1859E-4E60-4C7E-A4A3-0E4B48A5F02D.jpeg
F62855A6-0231-4AC4-A4F7-4DF9210F1FF4.jpeg
2023-1-10
Use props
tiPz
lvl.2
United States

On the note of “damage” to the battery, applying a load of 1C to discharge from 100% to 60% is fine unless if there’s some cell imbalance going on.
The Avata typically draws about 7C.  Of course that’s 0.5 lost cycle but I can live with that knowing my bats are at storage level.
EE1A7D4F-0F35-4CBF-8AB5-61966A9BA3F5.jpeg
2023-1-10
Use props
JoeJK3D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 618904 ft
United States

OnePixel Posted at 2022-10-2 01:59
Thanks for the reply. I am referring to the user manual. "Auto-Discharge Function: To prevent swelling, the battery will automatically discharge to approximately 96% of its charge level when inactive for one day, and to approximately 60% when inactive for five days."

Did you see that listed for AVATA?  Because I saw multiple references to that process for the other models and batteries, but the Avata batteries as far as I know do NOT have that feature.    I bought a small discharger that has an XT30 connector and it works fine to do that slowly with auto cutoffs.   But unlike the Mini3Pro batteries, I havent seen the Avata ones self discharge after a while.
2023-1-10
Use props
freedom2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 519747 ft
France

Yes they self discharge after a few days, provided you don't push the button to see if they did discharge... I mean let them untouched during 5 days and they will self discharge.
2023-1-10
Use props
OnePixel
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

I completely agree. If you don't press any button, they self-discharged, if you press the button, the procedure is reset
2023-1-11
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

They are supposed to do it by themselves
2023-1-13
Use props
SaurabhSrivastava
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2380479 ft
  • >>>
India

The batteries will self discharge to 60% after about 5 days. You need to ensure that you don't disturb the batteries and move around much. Also pressing the power button resets the counter.
The same logic applies to Inspire series batteries as well. Do not disturb the batteries, and only then they will self discharge.
1-22 03:23
Use props
Black Rat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34600 ft
Austria

How to discharge the Avata batteries to 10%?
The deone requiert this, so I couldm't fly today. Not a very friendly habit!
2-6 07:51
Use props
OnePixel
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Black Rat Posted at 2-6 07:51

The first thing that comes to mind is to let the batteries run down while using the drone.
2-6 09:00
Use props
DJIFlyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

I assume that you are getting that battery error about 'not updated'' 'discharge to 10%' 'let sit for an hour (or whatever it is) yada yada. I think this new error that has started popping up for everyone was as a result of a firmware update and DJI needs to fix it. I had two of my three Avata batteries do this. I did successfully remove the error following their instructions.

As far as discharging to <10%.....

I did what OnePixel suggested....flew each of the batteries in question until it reached less that 10%. I will note that make sure the Avata is close to the homepoint or in a safe landing area because once it hits 9%....the Avata is landing whether you want it to or not.
2-6 17:15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. The DJI Avata has an Auto-Discharging Function. The battery automatically discharges to approximately 96% of the battery level when it is idle for 1 day, and approximately 60% when idle for 5 days. If this is for the error "Battery capacity not updated for an extended period", you can leave the Avata powered on until it reaches 10%. Have a nice day.
2-6 21:27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules