After crash..vision sensor error
7102 18 2022-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RiChaDo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3085075 ft
Netherlands

Hi I recently had a crash it was just a branch but the avata gave me impact detected but instead of correcting it it gave full throttle and nosediving into a three and battery got released so I send the battery back to dji to fix it but after buying a new battery I wanted to check if everything was alright and it's still able to fly..only thing is I get sensor error please contact dji.

I just got this drone a week and already regretting this thing...
Do I need to send it? can I use same case number for my battery repair? is it fixable myself?
2022-10-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. You may try to restart the drone and wait for a while then restart it to see if it issue still persists. If yes, you may need to send it back for further testing. Thank you.
2022-10-2
Use props
RiChaDo
Second Officer
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 10-2 03:32
Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. You may try to restart the drone and wait for a while then restart it to see if it issue still persists. If yes, you may need to send it back for further testing. Thank you.

I did that but no change! I did try calibrating the vision sensor on the pc but it just hangs keeps on loading... also cant see any damage on the sensors
2022-10-2
Use props
RiChaDo
Second Officer
Netherlands

small update.  vision sensor works in normal & sportmode but can't seem to get rid of that message
2022-10-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

RiChaDo Posted at 10-2 10:08
small update.  vision sensor works in normal & sportmode but can't seem to get rid of that message

Hello, there. As DJI Thor said, we would recommend you send it back for repair if the issue persists. You may need to submit a new repair request.
Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2022-10-2
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try connecting it to PC and do a "Refresh" on the firmware. Then try to recalibrate the vision sensor.
This is usually my "hail mary" before I would send it back. ~ reflashing.
2022-10-3
Use props
RiChaDo
Second Officer
Netherlands

Bob Brown Posted at 10-3 09:39
Try connecting it to PC and do a "Refresh" on the firmware. Then try to recalibrate the vision sensor.
This is usually my "hail mary" before I would send it back. ~ reflashing.

I did that firmware refresh but when I want to calibrate the sensors afterwards It wont connect to start calibration keeps on loading
2022-10-3
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

RiChaDo Posted at 10-3 11:39
I did that firmware refresh but when I want to calibrate the sensors afterwards It wont connect to start calibration keeps on loading

Not sure what you are connecting, but if a cable is involved try a different cable. Otherwise, it may be time to contact support/repair for service for damaged electronics.
2022-10-4
Use props
RiChaDo
Second Officer
Netherlands

I will give it another chance calibrating if not ill send it
2022-10-4
Use props
fans97153237
lvl.1

Netherlands

Ive had this and the flatcable of the connector came lose. checked it by removing the vision sensor
2022-10-5
Use props
RiChaDo
Second Officer
Netherlands

fans97153237 Posted at 10-5 03:57
Ive had this and the flatcable of the connector came lose. checked it by removing the vision sensor

Mine still connected and sensors work it still gives me info if I'm flying low it's just that error that doesn't go away
2022-10-5
Use props
Waden
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192661 ft
Switzerland

RiChaDo Posted at 10-3 11:39
I did that firmware refresh but when I want to calibrate the sensors afterwards It wont connect to start calibration keeps on loading
Did you switch ON the drone battery before calibrating ?
2022-10-5
Use props
RiChaDo
Second Officer
Netherlands

Waden Posted at 10-5 05:31
Did you switch ON the drone battery before calibrating ?

I did and with other cable I got calibration screen but it didn't do nothing sensors give a x and do see sensor light flickering
2022-10-5
Use props
djiuser_zSFa3G8YvjlF
New
United States

Any update on this?
2022-12-23
Use props
RiChaDo
Second Officer
Netherlands

I needed to send it to DJI.
2022-12-24
Use props
MAF178
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

RiChaDo Posted at 12-24 03:43
I needed to send it to DJI.

you will fix the issue with calibrating the vision sensors .. i noticed you need to calibrate the vision sensor after every crash

2022-12-24
Use props
RiChaDo
Second Officer
Netherlands

MAF178 Posted at 12-24 13:50
you will fix the issue with calibrating the vision sensors .. i noticed you need to calibrate the vision sensor after every crash

That didn't help anymore tried that first thing. My crash had a impact on frame...etc
2022-12-24
Use props
LemuellDiaz
lvl.1

Mexico

I have exactly the same problem as you, so is there no other solution than sending it to DJI? I've thought about just buying the vision sensor part. But I'm not sure that's enough to fix the problem.
2023-10-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

LemuellDiaz Posted at 10-21 06:32
I have exactly the same problem as you, so is there no other solution than sending it to DJI? I've thought about just buying the vision sensor part. But I'm not sure that's enough to fix the problem.

Hi, Lemuel. If the drone also had a hard landing or a collision we highly suggest sending it for repair to ensure flight safety. You can submit a repair request here: https://www.dji.com/global/support. The warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Have a great day.
2023-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules