1137 10 2022-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Amit Dunsky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1083205 ft
Israel

Hi Dji.
I've installed Fly ver. 1.7.4 on my RC and went out this morning for some sunrise video shooting at a nearby vineyard. How not-fun could that be?
Well, to my frustration, the app crashed on me multiple times, just like that without me "provoking" it, meaning no special load, no "too many tasks at the same time", just a regular flight. In fact, as the video here bellow shows, the drone was actually hovering, as I was planning my next shot, and then the app crashed just like that.

Some tech specs:
  • RC Firmware: 01.01.0450
  • Flysafe DB: 01.00.01.27
  • App Version: 1.7.4
  • SD Card: Sandisk Extreme Pro 128GB V30 XC I U3 A2
    Free Space: 103GB.

Here's the piece from this morning screen record, showing one of the crashes.

-->> PLEASE ADVISE <<--

2022-10-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please download the DJI Assistant 2 software and kindly please update/refresh the firmware of your DJI RC then check if the issue persists? You may download the software using the link below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-10-2
Use props
Amit Dunsky
lvl.4
Israel

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-2 20:48
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please download the DJI Assistant 2 software and kindly please update/refresh the firmware of your DJI RC then check if the issue persists? You may download the software using the link below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Thank you for the reply.
Having many people reporting unable to fly the drone following updating the Fly app with the Assistant 2 software, I really prefer to run updates directly on my RC, over Wi-Fi, as I have always did.
I don't like having the app occasionally crashing, but at least I can still fly the drone.

Is there any other information I can supply to help investigating the problem, or actions I can take to remedy it?
2022-10-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Amit Dunsky Posted at 10-2 21:34
Thank you for the reply.
Having many people reporting unable to fly the drone following updating the Fly app with the Assistant 2 software, I really prefer to run updates directly on my RC, over Wi-Fi, as I have always did.
I don't like having the app occasionally crashing, but at least I can still fly the drone.

Thank you for your kind response, Amit. I will go ahead and forward this issue of yours to our designated team for attention. We will surely keep you posted once we have an update. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-4
Use props
Irish DM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 133110 ft
Canada

I have been having the same problem.  I initially thought it was me; but now I think it is in the app update.
2022-10-6
Use props
Amit Dunsky
lvl.4
Israel

Irish DM Posted at 10-6 10:23
I have been having the same problem.  I initially thought it was me; but now I think it is in the app update.

I'm pretty sure it is related to the app update. It's simple: I never had it before the last software update.
2022-10-6
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

This has been a well publisised Forum issue as of late and DJI is pretending that this is something new? I don't get it
2022-10-7
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Disabling Airsense seems to solve the issue for many, including myself but they still need to fix this
2022-10-7
Use props
Amit Dunsky
lvl.4
Israel

Flormo2002 Posted at 10-7 20:55
Disabling Airsense seems to solve the issue for many, including myself but they still need to fix this

M3P Doesn't have Airsense to begin with...
2022-10-8
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Amit Dunsky Posted at 10-8 03:47
M3P Doesn't have Airsense to begin with...

Your right but it's a similar situation that I've had using the RC Pro with my M3 with the app shutting down then restarting in flight.  It's got to be caused by App Version: 1.7.4. Waiting patiently for another update. This seems to be an ongoing problem when either a aircraft firmware update or Fly app update causes more and different issues.
2022-10-8
Use props
Amit Dunsky
lvl.4
Israel

Flormo2002 Posted at 10-8 04:01
Your right but it's a similar situation that I've had using the RC Pro with my M3 with the app shutting down then restarting in flight.  It's got to be caused by App Version: 1.7.4. Waiting patiently for another update. This seems to be an ongoing problem when either a aircraft firmware update or Fly app update causes more and different issues.

Awaiting a firmware upgrade as well. Finger crossed - without it introducing new bugs.
Other than the problem I've mentioned in this post, there are also some non-translated Chinese text in 1.7.4 . Not too much of a problem, but I'd expect DJI for a better pre-release QA.
2022-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules