Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Since few day happy owner of a Mini 3 pro with the RC.

Did several RTH tests....

What do we read in the manual about obstacle avoidance during a RTH,
reads oke to me.....

So time to test the obstacle avoidance in a RTH, see the video. [spoiler : surprised as well ? ]

Next time i will set HP further away....so trees in the way at greater distance than 50 meter.But nowhere in the manual i read something about auto-cancelling RTH when facing an object !?

BTW  i miss the OA icon mid left side on the screen.

Mini 3 Pro will RTH after 3 seconds, loosing contact with the RC. Tested and Timed.

cheers
JJB

Mini3ProRTHaction.png
2022-10-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JJB. Good day and thank you for sharing these information and this video that you have created with us. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying/.
2022-10-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just read it again, it should have flown backwards and then ascended but this it didn't do. Did you try it only once or multiple times, I wonder if its because you moved the home point?
2022-10-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I did a RTH test the other day and it flew back sideways,   good job there were no obstacles to test.
2022-10-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-2 19:10
Hello there JJB. Good day and thank you for sharing these information and this video that you have created with us. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying/.

Hi Stephen,

Uh...thanks.

BUT  as you see in the video my MINI3PRO did not act like the description in the manual !!

It should fly back a little and then forward again to fly to Homepoint.
BUT what it actually did was cancelling the RTH !  

Can i have a answer to this  issue ?

cheers
JJB
2022-10-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bashy Posted at 10-2 19:32
Just read it again, it should have flown backwards and then ascended but this it didn't do. Did you try it only once or multiple times, I wonder if its because you moved the home point?

Hi Bashy.

I did this several times, also on non changed HP.
Changing of HP canot be an issue ofcourse, craft flys back to a HP and should act as written in the manual.

Another test i did was swithing off the RC, indeed after 3 seconds it started to fly to HP but did not flew back for 50 meter.

Doing more tests today.

cheers
JJB
2022-10-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dirty Bird Posted at 10-3 03:26
This is why the best method for ensuring your bird makes it home is setting the RTH altitude higher than any possible obstacles it might encounter along the way.  Never depend on OA to bring your aircraft home  safely.

Hi Dirty Bird,

I know that....

But ofcourse the OA during a RTH should work as advertised !

cheers
JJB
2022-10-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It might be worth testing to see what happens if an object is detected during the ascent phase (testing for one direction and then the other) ...........  AND then testing what happens if, during the ascent phase, objects are detected front and rear, as if you had descended into a roofless tower or forest clearing etc. , I am wondering if a control-loop could be set up that would leave the drone 'stuck'?
Does the mini 3 climb in two stages? The first stage being to around x metres and the second stage being to RTH height?
With the earlier minis the drone turns to point to home in the interval between the two climbs but their hiatus is at 20m with a minimum RTH height of 15m so things may be different with the mini 3.
2022-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules