Flight Record Storage Limit Reached!
6856 16 2022-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PeterIOM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 813419 ft
Isle of Man

I got this message today just before flying the mini 3 pro.

Got home, and uploaded flight details, do I need to clear anything on the RC now?

I have done a bit of searching but cant find out much.

Any ideas?
Screenshotaaa.jpg
2022-10-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. This prompt means that the DJI RC is full locally and it is recommended to upload your flight records to the cloud. We strongly recommend uploading your flight records to the cloud and avoid previous local flight records from being cleared. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-10-2
Use props
Goggles Pisano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just upload your flight records to dji and clear flight logs on local controller. They will re-populate later. There is a setting in dji fly app to do this automatically, just check upload flights automatically... Make sure wifi is on and you are logged into your dji account...
2022-10-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Clearing the local cache also speeds up the flight centre load time.
2022-10-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If possible with the RC, and I think it is, I would be inclined to download the logs to computer rather than upload them to DJI (sync? them). Besides does sync'ing remove the logs?
With other models of drone/controller sync'ing removes the DAT logs but leaves the .txt logs and if you can connect the controller to a computer you can probably remove the DAT logs manually using the computer. I'd give DAFlys' suggestion a go first.
2022-10-3
Use props
djiuser_BBdLr4A30daG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26302241 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-10-2 19:39
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. This prompt means that the DJI RC is full locally and it is recommended to upload your flight records to the cloud. We strongly recommend uploading your flight records to the cloud and avoid previous local flight records from being cleared. Thank you for your valued support.

im getting this same message.   but my internal storage is not full.  it is 1.9GB/3.8GB.  I also have auto upload on.  under the cache section, it shows 0MP under Clear Local Log.    im not exactly sure what is going on.  the only memory it shows as used is 23.89 under Cached Offline Maps.  any hints?

thanks.
2023-6-19
Use props
ElleKN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755669 ft
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-10-2 19:39

Can you please tell me, why you recommend to upload the files to your DJI server?
I understand that this is necessary e.g. for fly away. But why should I upload "old" fly data?
2023-6-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_BBdLr4A30daG Posted at 6-19 20:36
im getting this same message.   but my internal storage is not full.  it is 1.9GB/3.8GB.  I also have auto upload on.  under the cache section, it shows 0MP under Clear Local Log.    im not exactly sure what is going on.  the only memory it shows as used is 23.89 under Cached Offline Maps.  any hints?

thanks.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Are you using the DJI RC or a standard remote controller with a mobile device running the DJI Fly app? If you could provide some screenshots showing the issue that would be very helpful. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-6-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

ElleKN Posted at 6-19 22:05
Can you please tell me, why you recommend to upload the files to your DJI server?
I understand that this is necessary e.g. for fly away. But why should I upload "old" fly data?

Hi there, EllenKN. Thank you for reaching out. When you sync your flight records, if you changed your mobile device or reinstall the app and log in to the same account, the flight records will show on the new device used. However, if you did not sync the flight records when changing the mobile device and logging in to the same account, the flight records will not show. Hope this helps. Have a nice day ahead.
2023-6-22
Use props
ElleKN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755669 ft
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-22 02:02
Hi there, EllenKN. Thank you for reaching out. When you sync your flight records, if you changed your mobile device or reinstall the app and log in to the same account, the flight records will show on the new device used. However, if you did not sync the flight records when changing the mobile device and logging in to the same account, the flight records will not show. Hope this helps. Have a nice day ahead.

Thank you for the answer, DJI Paladin. That helped
2023-6-22
Use props
Wgander
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1195853 ft
United States

ElleKN Posted at 6-22 02:21

I frequently get the same message with my RC with display. I always connect to the internet after each outing and also download screen captures, pictures and videos. I've selected auto-sync in Settings and leave the controller on and connected to Wi-Fi for up to 30 minutes. It's not unusual to get the message the very next day.
2023-6-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

ElleKN Posted at 6-22 02:21

You are most welcome. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support!
2023-6-23
Use props
BroomRider
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1262136 ft
United States

A question about the DJI RC controller, & this message I got on the screen when starting it:

“RC Flight Record Storage Limit Reached”

It looks like I can choose the “Sync” option, or download the logs to my computer.

What happens to “Synced” flight logs, & are they available for me to access later?

I did download them to a saved file on my computer, but I can't access them there either.

Regardless of the option method, is it safe to delete those flight logs from my RC controller after they are down - or uploaded, or do I lose them?

Which option is better, & why, & what's the difference?

Does DJI gain access to them, or are they stored in some private cloud?

Are those accessible to the “drone police” – aka, DJI, FAA, or other gov't alphabet agency?

What privacy / data-sharing settings must be turned on, if any?

If I just downloaded those logs to my computer, are they available for transferring to any other device I might get in the future?
2023-7-8
Use props
djiuser_Hj8nihfUWrz8
lvl.1

United States

BroomRider Posted at 7-8 11:12
A question about the DJI RC controller, & this message I got on the screen when starting it:

“RC Flight Record Storage Limit Reached”

How’d this question go for ya?
2023-7-27
Use props
BroomRider
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1262136 ft
United States

djiuser_Hj8nihfUWrz8 Posted at 7-27 13:51
How’d this question go for ya?

As you can see, I never got any answers.
2023-7-27
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"If I just downloaded those logs to my computer, are they available for transferring to any other device I might get in the future?" Yes they are, been there done that.
"I did download them to a saved file on my computer, but I can't access them there either." possibly unusual behaviour depending on what do you mean by "access them"? If you mean "actually read them straight from the computer" then that is normal behaviour. They are encrypted and need to be decrypted and converted to a human understandable file type e.g. the csv that can be downloaded from the likes of https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
"What happens to “Synced” flight logs, & are they available for me to access later?" yes they are, though, for me, I think the download can take a while but I very rarely sync or download sync'ed logs. (look at my icon's footage/mileage ). One of the published reasons for instigating sync'ing is to allow the transfer of files between devices, though this can easily be done via computer etc. and probably direct device to device transfer. The other is reason is that in permitting downloading they also become backups for 'accidentally wiped' logs.
"Which option is better, & why, & what's the difference?" to my mind downloading to computer is BY FAR the better option ( nearly 4,000 logs here).
Why?
......... 1) they are under my control and not left at the whim of a service that may be withdrawn at any time!
......... 2) syncing deletes the DAT logs and I for one like to have the DATs. For most of my drones the DATs are readable but even for the non readable DATs from my mini 2's they serve, via their name, as a record of how many times the drone has been switched on and off and when the drone was switched on.
Though, in general, the timestamp in the name can be in either OR BOTH 12 and 24 hour clocks. Yes I get duplicated DAT logs from some of my drones. Plus I think the timestamp is sometimes an hour out. I suspect the latter is a GMT vs BST thing.
In the case of the DJI RC, I  suspect that sync'ing's biggest 'space saving' probably stems from the deletion of the DATs. I suspect that a full sync i.e. one that is allowed to run to completion, will actually download 'missing' .txt flight logs and that have previously been sync'ed to the DJI RC. You need someone else to verify or refute this.
"Does DJI gain access to them, or are they stored in some private cloud?" I suspect DJI has access to them.
"Are those accessible to the “drone police” – aka, DJI, FAA, or other gov't alphabet agency?" I would be surprised if a regional/national subsidiary of DJI refused a legal request i.e. a "court order" or whatever name you want to use, for any logs in their possession.

2023-7-27
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BroomRider Posted at 7-27 17:08
As you can see, I never got any answers.

You have now.
2023-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules