Motion Controller Mode Button not toggling N and S Modes
2415 5 2022-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Josh Lake
lvl.1

United States

I just received my Avata Fly More pack and have been setting it up for the Simulator since it is very windy out.

The Motion Controller should allow me to easily toggle Normal and Sport modes by single pressing the Mode Button, right? In the Simulator, I get stuck at that step and it does not switch. I can just go fly around through the menus, but I have not yet had that button work. It beeps, but there is no switch to S mode.

I saw another thread with this complaint from a month ago, but the solutions brainstormed at the end did not work.

Do I have a defective Motion Controller?

This is the screen in the simulator where it gets 'stuck' because the Mode does not change

This is the screen in the simulator where it gets 'stuck' because the Mode does not change
2022-10-2
Use props
JiminMorris
lvl.2
Flight distance : 230 ft
United States

Negative.  DJI says Mode button doesn't work in Simulator yet...  Standby for update to software.  Meanwhile, just go ahead and fly in the simulator and skip the tutorial.
2022-10-2
Use props
Josh Lake
lvl.1

United States

JiminMorris Posted at 10-2 10:21
Negative.  DJI says Mode button doesn't work in Simulator yet...  Standby for update to software.  Meanwhile, just go ahead and fly in the simulator and skip the tutorial.

Oh, okay, thanks! That's wild, it's walking me through these steps and the button just doesn't work! Glad to hear it, once this wind settles down I'll be ready to test it in real life.

Thank you.
2022-10-2
Use props
JiminMorris
lvl.2
Flight distance : 230 ft
United States

Josh Lake Posted at 10-2 13:21
Oh, okay, thanks! That's wild, it's walking me through these steps and the button just doesn't work! Glad to hear it, once this wind settles down I'll be ready to test it in real life.

Thank you.

You're welcome.  Strangely enough the Mode button does work in the PC version of DJI Virtual Flight if the Motion controller is directly USB connected to the PC.  The Goggles 2 don't yet seem to connect to the PC version of the software, but I really enjoy the PC version without the goggles.
2022-10-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we apologize for the inconvenience. Currently, DJI Motion Controller only supports N-Mode. The mode switch function is not available. We have submitted this issue to the DJI engineers. Please keep an eye out for our subsequent updates. Thank you for your support.
2022-10-2
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

Why is that???
2023-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules