camera damper problems
2309 15 2022-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Praestigiator
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1253468 ft
United States

One of the front rubber dampers came out of the bracket that the camera mounts too on my Avata.  It is still firmly in attached to the frame but I cannot get it back through the bracket.  Does anyone have some tips or a how too?
2022-10-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Praestigiator. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a sample photo showing the issue for us to see and can give out the best solution for this issue? Thank you.
2022-10-2
Use props
djiuser_vuhjBShcZ2US
lvl.1

United States

I have the same problem.  it's also shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqehdAnp66E
2022-10-17
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

spit on it and cram it back in... oh and also.. "that's what she said." ;)
2022-10-17
Use props
JohnnyBuffalo
lvl.1

United States

Ugh- the rubber tore while trying to force it through.  Anyone know where I can order new dampers for delivery to US?
2022-10-18
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Can you show some closeup pictures? For me and others to understand better?
Just a tip, when I try to pop thing back on, I always heat it up with a hairdryer... This most of the time helps to makes thing stretch easier.
2022-10-18
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JohnnyBuffalo Posted at 10-18 04:58
Ugh- the rubber tore while trying to force it through.  Anyone know where I can order new dampers for delivery to US?

You forgot to spit on it maybe?!?!

My best guess is that you will need to send it in for repairs. DJI does not seem to sell most Avata parts... props, frames and what you see in the store is what you can buy. I was able to buy an extra Goggles 2 battery cable through DJI repair.... worth asking if they will sell you a set. (they might come with the usd $101 camera assy.)

Submit Repair Request Here

I looked a bit and think I found some... in Belgium.
https://drone-parts-center.com/e ... mortisseur-nacelle/

I just sent in a request to DJI repair to get a spare set for myself.

dji repair req

dji repair req
2022-10-18
Use props
OnePixel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44948 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I have to admit that the DJI is losing points. I can't believe the amount of problems AVATA has.

Wasted money.
2022-10-18
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

OnePixel Posted at 10-18 08:38
I have to admit that the DJI is losing points. I can't believe the amount of problems AVATA has.

Wasted money.

Damage happens when you crash hard or unfortunate... this happens with all drones with cams...
2022-10-19
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

Bob Brown Posted at 10-18 07:25
You forgot to spit on it maybe?!?!

My best guess is that you will need to send it in for repairs. DJI does not seem to sell most Avata parts... props, frames and what you see in the store is what you can buy. I was able to buy an extra Goggles 2 battery cable through DJI repair.... worth asking if they will sell you a set. (they might come with the usd $101 camera assy.)

I was about to send you that link, just order them, i like to tear things apart to fix it myself, gives me dopamine
2022-10-19
Use props
OnePixel
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Nees Posted at 10-19 14:07
Damage happens when you crash hard or unfortunate... this happens with all drones with cams...

Losing the camera dumpers is not within the contact points of the drone.
2022-10-20
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

OnePixel Posted at 10-20 01:37
Losing the camera dumpers is not within the contact points of the drone.

He didnt lose it, it popped off, due to a crash, then tried to put it back in, but it ripped...
If you crash in a car at high speed, you are also not a contact point with a wall, yet you can die from internal bleeding, because your intestines get smacked around inside your body...
2022-10-20
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Nees Posted at 10-19 14:08
I was about to send you that link, just order them, i like to tear things apart to fix it myself, gives me dopamine

Yeah the issue is that we are in the USA... the shipping and time waiting to get them in the USA is going to possibly be greater than just getting them from DJI repair. We will see.
2022-10-20
Use props
OnePixel
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Nees Posted at 10-20 02:22
He didnt lose it, it popped off, due to a crash, then tried to put it back in, but it ripped...
If you crash in a car at high speed, you are also not a contact point with a wall, yet you can die from internal bleeding, because your intestines get smacked around inside your body...

The simile doesn't work well. Mass is crucial in acceleration and deceleration. A rubber gasket has practically no mass.

If you like to be a winner , bye bye.
2022-10-20
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

OnePixel Posted at 10-20 06:39
The simile doesn't work well. Mass is crucial in acceleration and deceleration. A rubber gasket has practically no mass.

If you like to be a winner , bye bye.

Looks like we have a troll... The cam has mass, the rubber is connected to the mass, the mass moves forward, reaches max stretch... pulls out where it needed to be, the cam has much more mass then the damper which pulls on the rubber till it pops out, k bye!

If you would have a look how the dampers look, you would see its pulled trough a hole... bye again
2022-10-20
Use props
fans7f193951
New

Sweden

I just fixed my 2 front Avata dampers, to put them back in I used dental floss and pulled it around the rubber head and twisted the two ends, than pulled them through the hole and added a little bit of water for lubrication, than pulled it gently trough, it took me 15 minutes.

I used the dental floss that’s not braided, it’s more like a thin plastic band!

Erik
2023-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules