RS3 Pro Loses GH5 Camera Control Connection
3637 13 2022-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
a_ambrose
lvl.2
United States

Setup:Firmware v01.00.01.00
Panasonic GH5 (Firmware V2.7) connected to the gimbal with the DJI camera control cable
DJI focus motor

Brief description of the problem:
While filming, the gimbal seems to lose camera control connection randomly.

Example of the problem:
While filming on the sidelines at a football game, I press the record start/stop button on the gimbal at the beginning and end of each play. The camera will start recording and stop recording as expected. This expected behavior lasts a few times, but occasionally the camera won't respond to pressing the record start/stop button. The only thing that remedies the problem is shutting off the camera and then turning it back on. After doing so, the gimbal displays that it is connected to the camera via the camera control cable. This seems to happen randomly because I can't determine anything specific that causes it. I'm using the USB-C camera control cable that came with the RS3 Pro and the cable is securely plugged into both the camera and the gimbal. It doesn't appear to be a physical disconnect between the camera and the gimbal when this problem happens.

Thank you.

2022-10-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there.
Sorry for the late reply.
We will confirm the details with the relevant team and reply to you asap.
Please don't worry.
If there is anything else that we can help with, please just let us know.
Thank you.
2022-10-3
Use props
droneby321
lvl.2
Flight distance : 777067 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Following - I am having the exact same issue (using GH5 & RS3) and it's almost making the RS3 unusable for me as it has become so unreliable in keeping the connection.
2022-10-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Sorry for the late reply. Here is the update:
1. When the video recording function of the camera cannot be triggered normally, check whether the camera icon is displayed on the upper left corner of the screen of the gimbal, or connect the APP to enter the system status-status list to check whether the shutter status is normal.
2. If it is normal, please confirm that the firmware version is the latest, restore the parameter settings of the gimbal, and then restart the camera and gimbal to test whether it still appears.
3. Replace the camera control line.
4. Connect the camera to the computer, use the control software of the camera brand, and test to see if it is the same. If it is the same, it means that the camera interface is abnormal.

Please keep us updated on your issue.
And if there is anything else that we can help with, please let us know as well.
Thank you for your support.
2022-10-5
Use props
a_ambrose
lvl.2
United States

droneby321 Posted at 10-4 23:29
Following - I am having the exact same issue (using GH5 & RS3) and it's almost making the RS3 unusable for me as it has become so unreliable in keeping the connection.

I definitely feel your pain. My first time using the RS3 Pro on a job and it did this. I thought it was a random fluke but it did it repeatedly throughout the evening. Very frustrating. I was using it on a job again last week and the same thing happened. No rhyme or reason as to what causes it -- it just happens. I thought maybe the USB-C cable was faulty but it doesn't matter. I also ensured the cable was securely plugged into the camera and gimbal.
2022-10-7
Use props
a_ambrose
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 10-5 17:56
Sorry for the late reply. Here is the update:
1. When the video recording function of the camera cannot be triggered normally, check whether the camera icon is displayed on the upper left corner of the screen of the gimbal, or connect the APP to enter the system status-status list to check whether the shutter status is normal.
2. If it is normal, please confirm that the firmware version is the latest, restore the parameter settings of the gimbal, and then restart the camera and gimbal to test whether it still appears.

After shooting with the RS3 Pro and GH5 the last two days, this happened repeatedly and seemingly randomly. When it happened the camera icon disappeared from the upper left corner of the gimbal screen. The remote icon was still present on the GH5 screen.

I have the latest firmware version for both the gimbal and the camera. Restarting the camera always fixes the problem but the length of time before it happens again is random.

I haven't been able to test the other points in your response but thought I would let you know these.
2022-10-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

a_ambrose Posted at 10-10 17:27
After shooting with the RS3 Pro and GH5 the last two days, this happened repeatedly and seemingly randomly. When it happened the camera icon disappeared from the upper left corner of the gimbal screen. The remote icon was still present on the GH5 screen.

I have the latest firmware version for both the gimbal and the camera. Restarting the camera always fixes the problem but the length of time before it happens again is random.

Thanks for the reply.
If you are convenient, you can test as suggested above.
In addition, if the replacement of the cable does not work, and the camera's computer software can be controlled normally, we recommend that you send it back for a further check. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support/repair
2022-10-10
Use props
djiuser_5skRz9TPMPBS
lvl.1
Portugal

Hi!
I have the same problem with Panasonic GH5S and Ronin RS3. It happened before with Ronin S, but not so frequently.
The camera randomly loses connection with the gimbal, start/stop recording button and focus wheel stops working. Rebooting the camera solves it temporarily.
Sometimes the camera will also randomly stops recording, when the connection drops.

I figure it's probably a camera issue, but I have the most recent firmware on both camera and gimbal. Any way to avoid this?
2022-10-14
Use props
a_ambrose
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 10-10 19:33
Thanks for the reply.
If you are convenient, you can test as suggested above.
In addition, if the replacement of the cable does not work, and the camera's computer software can be controlled normally, we recommend that you send it back for a further check. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support/repair

After further use of the gimbal and GH5, I noticed when the camera control was lost, the camera icon was still visible in the upper left corner of the gimbal screen.
2022-10-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

a_ambrose Posted at 10-20 16:40
After further use of the gimbal and GH5, I noticed when the camera control was lost, the camera icon was still visible in the upper left corner of the gimbal screen.

Thanks for the update.
May I confirm whether the parameters of the gimbal have also been reset, and whether the software used by the camera and the computer can be controlled normally? If you can control it normally, please send it back for testing. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support/repair
2022-10-20
Use props
silverxiang
New

Spain

Hello, is there any update on this? I am having the same problem. Both my GH5 and GH6 can't connect to the DJI rs3. The screen gets stuck on "Enable Bluetooth on camera, View Camera Compatibility List on DJI Ronin app". Bluetooth is enabled, I tried both 'ON' and 'pairing' bluetooth modes. Connecting any of the mentioned cameras by USB C cable to the RSS input, doesn't change anything as well (even if I switch the usb mode to 'PC Tethering'). Please help me, I'm about to return the gimbal and go for ZHIYUN solution
2022-12-13
Use props
djiuser_3JYtJpMZot18
New
United Kingdom

Having the same issue with my GH5 and DJI RS2 gimbal. Using the USB-C cable, I used to connect no issues and be able to use the record button functions on the gimbal etc, but for some reason I cannot get it to connect anymore. When I connect now it doesn't even come up with the USB mode on the camera anymore...
2022-12-20
Use props
Aphid83
lvl.2
Germany

Same here with Rs3 mini + Panasonic S5. From one day to the other usb connection doesn’t work. Is there a solution for the problem?
2023-3-27
Use props
fans0077b8a0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 781 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’m having this issue with canon cameras as well. C70 and R5 don’t connect via the cable. I’ve got an RS2 and RS3 all with the latest firmware. I’ve purchased 5 different cables from DJI and none of them work. This is getting frustrating. Bluetooth works semi-well on the R5 but I’d like electronic focus too.
2023-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules