Camera time drifting; need mimo connection to reset correct time ...
837 3 2022-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yaman-Python
lvl.4
  • >>>
Japan

I noticed the "Media Created" (and "Date modified") time (in video clip) was wrong with my Action3 unit today whereas it was right when I first used it 11 days ago.
In fact, what is happening is that the in-camera time drifts over time, by about ~16 s/day (~3 min in 11 days).
However, if you connect your camera to mimo app, the in-camera time is reset to the true value. I had not connected the camera since I had registered it 11 days ago.

So it appears necessary to connect to mimo app from time to time to make sure we have the right time in our photos and videos. This is particularly important when we mix clips and photos with those taken with another camera and we want to have a clean global timeline. Unless there is a bug there that DJI can fix.

BTW, the same is true for Action2.
BTW bis, I have not been travelling at relativistic speeds relative to the camera recently, so the difference in clock time between camera and me cannot be explained by relativity theory .

2022-10-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Yaman-Python. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. Just a reminder that if the DJI Osmo Action 3 has not been connected with a mobile device with a DJI Mimo application for a long time, then the time shown on the DJI Osmo Action 3 will not be correct. The clock's time will synchronize again when the DJI Osmo Action 3 is connected with a mobile device. Thank you.
2022-10-2
Use props
Yaman-Python
lvl.4
  • >>>
Japan

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-2 20:17
Hello there Yaman-Python. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. Just a reminder that if the DJI Osmo Action 3 has not been connected with a mobile device with a DJI Mimo application for a long time, then the time shown on the DJI Osmo Action 3 will not be correct. The clock's time will synchronize again when the DJI Osmo Action 3 is connected with a mobile device. Thank you.

Hi, thanks for the confirmation. I noticed there is a "Date/time" menu in Action3 so we can adjust the time directly in camera. This menu is not in Action2. Maybe a good thing to add in Action2 if you have a firmware in mind.
2022-10-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Yaman-Python Posted at 10-4 03:37
Hi, thanks for the confirmation. I noticed there is a "Date/time" menu in Action3 so we can adjust the time directly in camera. This menu is not in Action2. Maybe a good thing to add in Action2 if you have a firmware in mind.

Hi there Yaman-Python. Thank you for the reply and for these additional information. I will forward these information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.
2022-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules