To fast charge or now?
738 6 2022-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mart_drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi,
So I always charge overnight and am in no hury.

I have a slow charger (takes 6 hours) and a fast one (takes 3 hours) to charge all three batteries.

Will it help to use the slow charger in terms of long term battery health?

Thanks
2022-10-3
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

generally, if you only charge to the C rating of the battery you do it no harm fast charging
2022-10-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there mart_drone. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Just a friendly reminder that DJI recommends using a recommended charger with the specifications of DJI 30W USB-C Charger or other USB Power Delivery chargers ( 30 W ). 64 mins ( with the DJI 30W USB-C Charger and the battery mounted to the aircraft ) and 56 mins ( with the DJI 30W USB-C Charger and the battery inserted into the DJI Mini 3 Pro Two-Way Charging Hub ). Thank you.
2022-10-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My charger takes about 4.5 hours to recharge the 3 batteries in the bank. Apparently, you can charge them faster with a higher-rating charger, but personally I'm happy with the speed of mine.
2022-10-3
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

generally, if you only charge to the C rating of the battery you do it no harm fast charging
2022-10-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have solar panels that feed the grid so i try to use most things during the daytime therefore for me, a fast charge is key, if it means the batteries will die out a month shorter than so be it, its not like they cost the same as my P4P batteries
2022-10-13
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

It all depends on your patience. According to Wife, slow is better ;-)
2022-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules