ADS-B issues after v1.7.4
1090 11 2022-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

Currently I am on the latest Fly v1.7.5 but the issue started probably since v1.7.4

I am not receiving any Airsense notifications whatsoever. Every setting has been checked and they are exactly as I had them set before v1.7.4

I live in a pretty flight busy area & used to get multiple notifications on a single flight, now there's none at the sight of any manned aircraft.
2022-10-3
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

I working only when is "in the mood"...I had a few flights near airport with all permissions granted...a lot of planes take over or land...only one ADS-B warning, in rest was silent...and that planes for sure had the transponder ON...
So....another DJI bug...may be fixed in time.
2022-10-3
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

I actually noticed a couple days ago that Airsense has to be re-enabled sometimes. And when it is enabled, it doesn't warn me at all.

I was going to downgrade to 1.7.4 today and see if it works better.
2022-10-3
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Bangladesh

Geo_Drone Posted at 10-3 02:42
I working only when is "in the mood"...I had a few flights near airport with all permissions granted...a lot of planes take over or land...only one ADS-B warning, in rest was silent...and that planes for sure had the transponder ON...
So....another DJI bug...may be fixed in time.

Let's hope so.
2022-10-3
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Bangladesh

blue_canyon21 Posted at 10-3 05:43
I actually noticed a couple days ago that Airsense has to be re-enabled sometimes. And when it is enabled, it doesn't warn me at all.

I have checked every setting on this and nothing is out of order, still no response. This is not the first time DJI got the Airsense dysfunctional in my limited experience.
2022-10-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. You may try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly app on your mobile device and see if the issue persists. We have noticed that the AirSense prompt in previous versions was too sensitive. For example, when a civil aircraft flies by at 1 km above the drone, a prompt will be given. As such, to ensure safety, we adjusted the AirSense function in v01.00.05.00. Please rest assured when you use your product. If you need to confirm whether the AirSense function is normal, please go to the app’s Map, and tap the aircraft icon to adjust the level of potential collision risks as required. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-10-3
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Bangladesh

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-3 23:26
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. You may try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly app on your mobile device and see if the issue persists. We have noticed that the AirSense prompt in previous versions was too sensitive. For example, when a civil aircraft flies by at 1 km above the drone, a prompt will be given. As such, to ensure safety, we adjusted the AirSense function in v01.00.05.00. Please rest assured when you use your product. If you need to confirm whether the AirSense function is normal, please go to the app’s Map, and tap the aircraft icon to adjust the level of potential collision risks as required. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

Thanks for your information. It has been attempted without success. I hope DJI will re-adjust the sensitivity accordingly because it is not safe to have no warning from nearby manned aircrafts.
2022-10-4
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

blue_canyon21 Posted at 10-3 05:43

Go back to 1.7.0. That's the last version that works correctly.
2022-10-4
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-4 06:37
Go back to 1.7.0. That's the last version that works correctly.

Yup... After a bit of trial and error yesterday, I ended up on that version.
2022-10-4
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-3 23:26
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. You may try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly app on your mobile device and see if the issue persists. We have noticed that the AirSense prompt in previous versions was too sensitive. For example, when a civil aircraft flies by at 1 km above the drone, a prompt will be given. As such, to ensure safety, we adjusted the AirSense function in v01.00.05.00. Please rest assured when you use your product. If you need to confirm whether the AirSense function is normal, please go to the app’s Map, and tap the aircraft icon to adjust the level of potential collision risks as required. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

Hi Paladin. On new RC was working OK....now...what you say is that is giving me a warning as is super sensitive at 1 km....I prefer a warning at 5 km, as the speed of a plane is s big that I do not even have time to react in 1 km distance...also a chopper with transponder will be not enough time to lower the drone if is at 1 km distance...
Start flying this drones guys...not just talk from your chairs inside an office....
2022-10-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

dreamtuner Posted at 10-4 04:13
Thanks for your information. It has been attempted without success. I hope DJI will re-adjust the sensitivity accordingly because it is not safe to have no warning from nearby manned aircrafts.

Thank you for your feedback. We will coordinate this with our team, dreamtuner. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-5
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Bangladesh

Yesterday I flew on v1.7.5 once again and had multiple yellow to red AirSense warnings with no manned aircraft on the enlarged map (zoomed out) or on sight! I think the app is legit broken.  
2022-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules