Is the M3 as far as new features or SDK being left in the dust?
1204 15 2022-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gateway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1873806 ft
  • >>>
United States

So we are coming close to a year since the release date of the M3 and It seems that new features are pretty nonexistant along with the bigger kicker is the lack of SDK support for the M3 (non enterpsie drones).  I cant find a list of the actual release dates for the M3 firmware but I think the last one was on May 31st that fixed some IMU calbirations.
What gives?

Also the current MSDK is out but A. Only for Android devices (rumor has it iOS support is dropped) B. Only for M3 Enterprise crafts

https://sdk-forum.dji.net/hc/en- ... r-1-Hello-MSDK-V5-1

So for people wanting to use their M3 for photogrammetry, Drone Mapping or just in other amazing apps like Litchi , etc we are out of luck, which makes me very disappointed.  I'm also glad I didnt sell my M2.

@djisupport ?

Thoughts?

2022-10-3
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

My thought is that it is not a rumor and that yes, the consumer drone will have no SDK love.
2022-10-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Yes, It seems that Dji is leaving us Mavic 3 buyers with buyers remorse. @DJI has moved on from the Mavic 3
2022-10-3
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

New features? SDK support? From a company which only fulfilled promised features as if it was a bonus or a favor; 6 months after you paid for their product ? Come on, your only choices are either stop buying their products, or put up with this BS
2022-10-3
Use props
Gateway
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yea I figured as much.. I wasn't quite sure if everyone had their pitchfork's out yet.  It's super disappointing and I wish we could get the M3 community to rally behind some changes for us..
2022-10-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Gateway Posted at 10-3 11:41
Yea I figured as much.. I wasn't quite sure if everyone had their pitchfork's out yet.  It's super disappointing and I wish we could get the M3 community to rally behind some changes for us..

You gonna flight a losing battle, especially if you try to rally support on this forum. Trust me, I know. I have a drone where Airsense does not work at all but Dji does noting to rectify the issue nor push an update no matter how many have complained about it.
2022-10-3
Use props
djiuser_5Aa1bOZ2fx6c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1914987 ft
United States

I bought the Mavic 3 just because William Wong said there would be an SDK release in August!
2022-10-3
Use props
Balaes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14241171 ft
  • >>>
Romania

And I still have the Mavic 2 Pro just for the fact that it has an SDK included. I hope it also has the Mavic 3 SDK, it would be disappointing not to have it...
2022-10-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We are very sorry to inform you that DJI Mavic 3 does not support SDK development currently, and we have not received notice that SDK development will be added at this time. Please rest assured that we have recorded your request and provided feedback to the related department. Please check DJI's official website for the latest updates. Thank you for your support!
2022-10-4
Use props
Gateway
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-4 20:21
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We are very sorry to inform you that DJI Mavic 3 does not support SDK development currently, and we have not received notice that SDK development will be added at this time. Please rest assured that we have recorded your request and provided feedback to the related department. Please check DJI's official website for the latest updates. Thank you for your support!

Thank you for your reply.  It's a pretty sad day for all Mavic 3 owners who bought when it came out or earlier this year with the thoughts and hopes developers would be able to use the SDK to add the Mavic 3 to various apps, such as the amazing litchi etc.

Basically, all the loyal people who bought a M3 eariler are getting deprioritized for business and enterprise which is a shame and if this path continues I'm pretty sure you guys will see a lot of other people jumping ship for other options.  
2022-10-5
Use props
Gateway
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sign the petition https://www.change.org/p/dji-ple ... &share_intent=1
2022-10-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Gateway Posted at 10-5 10:01
Thank you for your reply.  It's a pretty sad day for all Mavic 3 owners who bought when it came out or earlier this year with the thoughts and hopes developers would be able to use the SDK to add the Mavic 3 to various apps, such as the amazing litchi etc.

Basically, all the loyal people who bought a M3 eariler are getting deprioritized for business and enterprise which is a shame and if this path continues I'm pretty sure you guys will see a lot of other people jumping ship for other options.

I'm pretty sure you guys will see a lot of other people jumping ship for other options.  
What other options are there?
2022-10-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We totally understand you, Gateway. No worries, I will forward this feedback of yours to the designated team for their attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-8
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_5Aa1bOZ2fx6c Posted at 10-3 23:25
I bought the Mavic 3 just because William Wong said there would be an SDK release in August!

Who is William Wong and why do you trust this person?  Are they an official public relations person for DJI?

Also, I’d recommend never purchasing a product for what you hope it may be, but for what it is at the moment.  Too much room for disappointment otherwise.
2022-10-8
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wher do you think people will be jumping to?  Autel is really the only other game in town.  You think DJI is abandoning customers?  Look closer at Autel and their V1/V2/V3 versions of the Evo 2!   They’ve completely abandoned the V1 buyers!

So if you think you are going to another brand and won’t be treated similarly, I’ve got a bridge to sell ya!
2022-10-8
Use props
djiuser_5Aa1bOZ2fx6c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1914987 ft
China

KlooGee Posted at 10-8 04:11
Who is William Wong and why do you trust this person?  Are they an official public relations person for DJI?

Also, I’d recommend never purchasing a product for what you hope it may be, but for what it is at the moment.  Too much room for disappointment otherwise.

William Wong is the official person who releases notices on the DJI developers official website.
2022-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules