Mini 3 Pro Wide Angle, how much does it weigh?
1832 15 2022-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mart_drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi,

Looking at Mini 3 Pro Wide Angle Lens, does anyone know if it puts the drone over 250g?

Thanks
Mart
2022-10-3
Use props
PAROINA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3279160 ft
United States

2 grams. It does not go over 250.
2022-10-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PAROINA Posted at 10-3 15:39
2 grams. It does not go over 250.

If that is the case, then why is it not sold to the EU and UK?
2022-10-3
Use props
PAROINA
Second Officer
United States

Bashy Posted at 10-3 18:41
If that is the case, then why is it not sold to the EU and UK?

It's not sold anywhere. DJI pulled it from their store. A few US stores had some at release time, but none since.
2022-10-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mart. Thank you for reaching out and for this inquiry. I hope that our fellow DJI Co Pilots who owns the DJI Mini 3 Pro and uses the Wide Angle Lens on there DJI Drone can give out the best information on this matter. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend you to your 3rd party accessories on your DJI Mini 3 Pro like Wide Angle Lens. Since it's not optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues and might damage the gimbal of your DJI Mini 3 Pro and void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you.
2022-10-3
Use props
PAROINA
Second Officer
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-3 21:03
Hello there Mart. Thank you for reaching out and for this inquiry. I hope that our fellow DJI Co Pilots who owns the DJI Mini 3 Pro and uses the Wide Angle Lens on there DJI Drone can give out the best information on this matter. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend you to your 3rd party accessories on your DJI Mini 3 Pro like Wide Angle Lens. Since it's not optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues and might damage the gimbal of your DJI Mini 3 Pro and void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you.

Sorry but this is completely false information. DJI made the wide angle lens. It is not 3rd party. They even added a firmware update to detect when the lens is attached. How can it possibly void a warranty when DJI made the product and the firmware to detect it?
2022-10-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

PAROINA Posted at 10-3 20:03
It's not sold anywhere. DJI pulled it from their store. A few US stores had some at release time, but none since.

Thats weird, i wonder why it was pulled :/
2022-10-4
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 10-4 06:53

i think "pulled" is the wrong word, more like it never really made it.  true, a few escaped and made it way onto the market but it appears everyone who was expecting them never got them.  pretty sure a chinese 3rd party is making these for dji and for whatever reason, it never launched.  if they were manufactured, they'll probably show up somewhere in non-dji packaging (don't think dji is on the lens) but we have no guarantees.  there could be a hundred reasons from quality issues to unreliable when going to portrait mode to gimble getting stuck sometimes....could be anything.  everything accessories is not always all about weight like is so often brought up.
2022-10-4
Use props
mart_drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Several UK retailers are saying stock in due in the next 2 weeks! Hence my question.
2022-10-4
Use props
PAROINA
Second Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 10-4 07:24
i think "pulled" is the wrong word, more like it never really made it.  true, a few escaped and made it way onto the market but it appears everyone who was expecting them never got them.  pretty sure a chinese 3rd party is making these for dji and for whatever reason, it never launched.  if they were manufactured, they'll probably show up somewhere in non-dji packaging (don't think dji is on the lens) but we have no guarantees.  there could be a hundred reasons from quality issues to unreliable when going to portrait mode to gimble getting stuck sometimes....could be anything.  everything accessories is not always all about weight like is so often brought up.

No, they 'pulled' it. They had it listed on their store at launch, but you could not buy it. Just like the PLUS battery. It was listed, but you could not buy it. Then they 'pulled' it off the site. I'll attach photos of it. I have one. It is certainly a DJI product. It works great. The latest firmware even detects it is attached but cannot be used in PANO modes. I believe that is why they pulled it until they got the firmware ready. I bet it starts showing up for sale again at some point.
2022-10-4
Use props
PAROINA
Second Officer
United States

Bashy Posted at 10-4 06:53

The firmware was not ready to detect it. Hence you would have issues trying to use it in PANO modes. Too much distortion. So my guess is they pulled it until they could get the firmware ready to use it.
2022-10-4
Use props
PAROINA
Second Officer
United States

mart_drone Posted at 10-4 12:49
Several UK retailers are saying stock in due in the next 2 weeks! Hence my question.

Now that the firmware is ready for the lens, I bet they are getting ready to release it again.
2022-10-4
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

old conversation from several months ago back in May:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D776%26typeid%3D776

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 594&pid=2794216
2022-10-4
Use props
PAROINA
Second Officer
United States

You can now buy this lens. DJI has released it since they made the firmware update for it.
2022-10-27
Use props
JMCANZO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 305581 ft
United States

Here it is on the store site
Disregard the 1st screen cap. Can not find a way to delete it!

Correct Screen Shot

Correct Screen Shot
2022-10-27
Use props
Rog Dog
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 2022-10-3 21:03
Hello there Mart. Thank you for reaching out and for this inquiry. I hope that our fellow DJI Co Pilots who owns the DJI Mini 3 Pro and uses the Wide Angle Lens on there DJI Drone can give out the best information on this matter. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend you to your 3rd party accessories on your DJI Mini 3 Pro like Wide Angle Lens. Since it's not optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues and might damage the gimbal of your DJI Mini 3 Pro and void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you.

Ya. Gotta buy DJI. Lol
3-9 10:03
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules