DJI RC Touch Screen Completely Frozen
3171 5 2022-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
splashofsoda
lvl.1
United States

Received my Mini Pro 3 with the new RC today. Was excited to get everything set up, but the RC is a complete piece of Android junk. I let everything charge for 2 hours before launching the initial setup. After updating the RC's firmware it completely bricked itself leaving the touch screen totally unresponsive. Even after 30+ hard restarts of the RC, reinstalling all firmware versions using DJI Assistant 2, no luck. Got in a support chat and they were unable to help me as well. The drone worked fine with my Air 2S controller, which was nice, but they really should haven't released these RC's with so many known issues. I leave for Iceland this weekend, was hoping to have a nice B-Rig setup for easy shooting without having to whip out my iPhone and attach it to the controller, but after comparing the two I think the iPhone paired with the standard RC is far superior. Anybody else out there experiencing similar issues with the new RC?
2022-10-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there splashofsoda. I am sorry to read and to know about this issue with your new DJI RC. Since we are having this issue with your DJI RC and you have done several troubleshooting steps to fix the issue and still the issue persist. It would be best to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-10-3
Use props
splashofsoda
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-3 20:41
Hello there splashofsoda. I am sorry to read and to know about this issue with your new DJI RC. Since we are having this issue with your DJI RC and you have done several troubleshooting steps to fix the issue and still the issue persist. It would be best to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.

Thanks Stephen! They're aware and are doing their best to help. I just wanted to put the issue out there for other folks to get their eyes on in case there were other users having the same problems.
2022-10-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm not seeing that issue with either of my Mini 3 Pro RCs.  Sounds like you got a bad RC so probably best to return it for a replacement.  Hope you still have a great trip to Iceland as there is so much to film there.
2022-10-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

splashofsoda Posted at 10-3 20:43
Thanks Stephen! They're aware and are doing their best to help. I just wanted to put the issue out there for other folks to get their eyes on in case there were other users having the same problems.

Hi there splashofsoda. Thank you for the reply and for these information. Kindly please rest assured that we will do our beats to help and assist you on this matter. Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you.
2022-10-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. Please try the below steps to see if your problem can be resolved.
Press and hold the power button for about 15s to power off DJI RC. Then power on the remote controller, and it can be powered off normally. This issue can be fixed through firmware update. Please update the firmware to the latest version.
*The USB cable must be disconnected before pressing and holding the power button for 15s to power off the remote controller.
If there problem still exists, please send us your drone for a further test. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support/repair
2022-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules