Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David-Air
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4717963 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi all
Just wondering.  Is there any skin on drone that birds will generally avoid?

2022-10-3
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

Maybe one that looks like a hawk?
2022-10-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there David-Air. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots can give out the best recommendation on what skin they have placed on there DJI Mini 3 Pro. Just a friendly reminder to please place the sticker/skin on your DJI Mini 3 Pro on a location where in it will not interfere with the air-vents of the DJI drone to prevent overheating or any issue while flying your DJI Mini 3 Pro. Thank you.
2022-10-4
Use props
RogerLswe
lvl.2
Sweden

I've thought about sticking a lot of small mirrors on the drone so that it becomes invisible
2022-10-4
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

google for hedgehog skin, choose the one with long needles....
2022-10-4
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

nothing will work around here, the aggressive little birds will still attack the biggest hawks.

i think they are bluffing, is there any reason to be concerned they'll make a mistake and collide?  are they suicide birds?  it is very unnerving to watch your drone under attack and reviewing the footage shows just how aggressive they really are but do we have any reason to believe they will actually bring down the drone?
2022-10-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

chillibadger Posted at 10-3 23:39
Maybe one that looks like a hawk?

I'd have thought a hawk look alike might provoke more attacks than it would deter, have you never seen birds of prey mobbed before?
2022-10-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My Mini has an orange skin made from 2" insulation tape, the odd gull has had a look but that's about it. I also have as yet unused black and yellow skins that I may cut up to create black and yellow bands.......for a wasp like colour scheme.
2022-10-4
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Skins that have "male part" printed on it....as the birds have their dignity, will not touch such thing...also will probably work on some Karens...
2022-10-5
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 10-4 12:17
I'd have thought a hawk look alike might provoke more attacks than it would deter, have you never seen birds of prey mobbed before?

I havent.  There was a hawk in our garden and the seagulls and pidgeons went crazy disturbed
2022-10-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ah, when airborne quite a few birds harass birds of prey. I have seen gulls and crows harass Buzzards and have seen quite a few videos of other species of bird, even some 'garden birds, harassing birds of prey.
You might like to google "mobbing".
2022-10-6
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

chillibadger Posted at 10-3 23:39
Maybe one that looks like a hawk?

I take it youve never seen crows attacking the Kites as they protect their nests?
2022-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules