Signal loss
969 11 2022-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Farto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 277618 ft
Portugal

I'm having a issue with my mini 2 for several months...

Everytime I start flying the drone, there is a signal loss between the controller and the drone (even when just hovering or 1/2 meters away from me). After the signal loss, the RTH process begings, the signal is recovered and I can start flying normaly. This only happens once every fly. Does anyone have a solution to this? Every thing is up to date... Firmware version and app version (this happens with several versions)
2022-10-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Farto. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and kindly please fly your DJI Mini 2 to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

2022-10-4
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

Try using 5.8GHz from the start. Go to transmission and push the 5.8 button.  I have some transmission problems, but likely due to my local wifi.
2022-10-4
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

we need more information like what kind of phone you are using, does did happen also on a different location, Are there other app's in the background?, did you use an other usb cable?
2022-10-5
Use props
Farto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 277618 ft
Portugal

Thanks for all the replies.

The phone there I use is an Iphone SE (2020), I do not have any app running in the background and this occurs in several locations, most of the places dosen't have buildings, towers, electricity post. Regarding the cabble, I use the original one.
2022-10-5
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 980066 ft
Italy

I suggest to try putting the phone in airplane mode. You just need to cache in advance the map of the area where you're flying. This reduces the interferences from the phone and also the phone heating that usually brings to screen dimming.
2022-10-5
Use props
dnddad324
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

dji_MODDER Posted at 10-5 01:00
we need more information like what kind of phone you are using, does did happen also on a different location, Are there other app's in the background?, did you use an other usb cable?

The phone has nothing to do with signal loss. You don't even need a phone/tablet to fly the Mini 2 (there are many videos on youtube covering this subject as well as here on the DJI forums).  
2022-10-5
Use props
dnddad324
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-4 19:05
Hello there Farto. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and kindly please fly your DJI Mini 2 to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

[view_image]

Why would the model of their phone matter since the phone isn't even necessary to fly the Mini 2???
2022-10-5
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

dnddad324 Posted at 10-5 05:36
The phone has nothing to do with signal loss. You don't even need a phone/tablet to fly the Mini 2 (there are many videos on youtube covering this subject as well as here on the DJI forums).

Well, it actually can have an impact on signal. If for example it is transmitting data using WiFi which uses the same frequencies as Occusync.
2022-10-5
Use props
Falcoc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 370965 ft
United States

Could be RF power overload. Transmitter too close to drone antennas. Try pointing your remote away from the drone when flying less than 2-3 meters away. Some receivers and/or antennas can be slightly more sensitive than others of the same model.
I doubt phone wifi has anything to do with your prolem, especially at such short distances.
2022-10-5
Use props
fans8489d44d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1010446 ft
Italy

try to format the sd card
2022-10-5
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 980066 ft
Italy

Yaros1 Posted at 10-5 13:10
Well, it actually can have an impact on signal. If for example it is transmitting data using WiFi which uses the same frequencies as Occusync.

For that reason I suggested to put the phone in airplane mode ...
2022-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules