DJI Mic - starting transmitters simultaneously from receiver
3733 12 2022-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Prismavision
lvl.2
Sweden

I would like to be able to start and stop both transmitters simultaneously with a single action on the receiver to record the audio locally (less interference and maintaining stereo (if using an iPhone as the camera source)) on each device as a way to speed up the ability to secure the audio recordings in the field.

In this situation right now if running one-man setup at the recording location (e.g. holding a gimbal with smartphone + DJI Mic mounted) you don't want to remember too many steps which could jeopardize a project with missing audio recordings.
(Yes, you can just let the mics record all the time but it's a painful process to look for a particular recording after a few hours of recording time without a structured workflow if you need to go back and listen to what was said a few hours earlier.)

Right now you have to go into the menu on the receiver and in separate submenus start/stop each transmitter individually or there will be a lot of running around to start/stop the recordings on each person if the transmitters are hard to reach if you have chosen to use lavalier mics or have to ask the actors to remember to start and stop themselves.

Does anyone else agree with this and can this feature be included in a near firmware update?

Suggestion: perhaps as an operator you can double click the on/off button physically on the receiver for this easy control (or some other simplified way without having to dig down into the mini menu of the receiver)?

I need this feature like "tomorrow" with an upcoming project!

Thanks!

2022-10-4
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Would make for a great firmware update. Could come in handy for my use scenario too, as I am planning on making YouTube videos with my friend and capturing the audio with the DJI Mic. Having the option to start recording on both through the receiver would certainly be useful.
2022-10-8
Use props
Prismavision
lvl.2
Sweden

…and simultaneously!

Thanks!
Looks like it is only us five on this planet wanting this feature?
Anyone else?

Give this post a like in the top!
2022-10-8
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Gave it a like. :-)
2022-10-13
Use props
TheCivvie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 399160 ft
Ireland

Definitely a needed update
2022-10-14
Use props
djiuser_2zEzzkd4FQPt
New

Canada

Agreed!! One person operation with a youtube channel.recording how to videos, interviews and much more. I would LOVE this feature as I prefer to have the receiver mounted on top of my monitor, which I often have mounted away from the camera with a mars 300 as a vid link. I can't always be next to the camera ... and using the camera's mic for scratch audio, it's useless for me to have the DJI rx plugged with the trs cable into the cam.

I would love to activate both tx from the rx simultaneously.
2022-10-15
Use props
Zeno22
lvl.2
Switzerland

This feature would be really helpful!!!
2022-10-26
Use props
Prismavision
lvl.2
Spain

What do you say @DJI ? Convinced to add this feature asap?
2022-10-26
Use props
fansd83e7bda
New
Spain

Great idea! And I have another suggestion in the same field. When shooting with a smartphone, please make it possible to record locally in the transmitters at the same time WITHOUT having to start and stop them manually. Let the start/stop of the camera app also make the local recordings start/stop!
2023-2-1
Use props
djiuser_eGreL5bdtMDv
New

United States

fansd83e7bda Posted at 2-1 08:16
Great idea! And I have another suggestion in the same field. When shooting with a smartphone, please make it possible to record locally in the transmitters at the same time WITHOUT having to start and stop them manually. Let the start/stop of the camera app also make the local recordings start/stop!

100% brilliant suggestion here
2023-6-8
Use props
djiuser_eGreL5bdtMDv
New

United States

Definitely a missing feature. Don't see why you can't specify which mics to start recording with from the receiver
2023-6-8
Use props
lnilsenggmail.com
lvl.1

Sweden

Auto start stop also when receiwer is connected to camera then synced with camera start/stop or comparing with Rode Pro just press one button on receiwer and both transmitters start/stop recording!
2023-9-24
Use props
Prismavision
lvl.2
Sweden

djiuser_eGreL5bdtMDv Posted at 6-8 08:24
Definitely a missing feature. Don't see why you can't specify which mics to start recording with from the receiver

You can choose which transmitter to start from the receiver. Or what do you mean specifically?
2023-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules