3572 16 2022-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansff963569
lvl.2
Flight distance : 238264 ft
  • >>>
United States

It would be nice if there was a way to disable RTH especially low battery RTH. When flying inside, I don’t want the Avata to RTH to 65 feet.

Maybe have a gorse land or hover vs RTH.

I’m mainly flying inside for real estate.
2022-10-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, we don't have the option to disable the RTH feature on the DJI Avata as this is one of the main safety feature. However, once the unit perform the RTH, you may cancel it using the Brake or Flight Pause button. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-10-4
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Best Remote Pilot action = to land with 30% battery!
2022-10-4
Use props
guidodg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 149757 ft
South Africa

Using the motion controller to cancel RTH the displayed info in the Goggles 2 says "press lock to cancel".

Should this not say "press Brake to cancel"?

2022-10-9
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

Why is it that so many avata owners can't find the right forum to post in?
2022-10-9
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does the Avata have such a good GPS receiver that it can establish its location and the location of the homeport when flown indoors?  
Or are the rooves under which you tend to fly transparent to GPS signal?Or does it work in a different way to other DJI drones?
If not then is not the original question moot?  

With my Mavic & FPV drones RTH is ONLY available when the drone can establish its position and the position of the home point. Besides if the drone doesn't know its position nor the position of the home point how can it calculate what battery charge is needed to get home.
Indoor flights to 'low battery' levels with my drones have resulted in forced landings, never an RTH.
I have pressed the RTH button indoors and it does nothing.

2022-10-9
Use props
Marco Handl
New

Germany

Please Dji, give the useres the possibility to switch off the rth function.
Is is in 99, 9% of the cases just anoing and it often destroys nice videos when one have to press the pause button. A red alarm message on the screen would be enough.
So please please please make this little change for us.

2023-5-13
Use props
Dragon CAD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 194426 ft
France

Yes please do that !!! i use the Avata indoor or in the forest, this dji rth when low battery (20%) is just terrible and realy risks to cause crashes !!!
2023-12-5
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dragon CAD Posted at 12-5 13:48
Yes please do that !!! i use the Avata indoor or in the forest, this dji rth when low battery (20%) is just terrible and realy risks to cause crashes !!!

you should be able to immediately cancel a rth on low battery before it rises to the return altitude unless you lose the connectivity first.
2023-12-6
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dragon CAD Posted at 12-5 13:48

So indoors, probably without GPS, how does an Avata do an RTH?
At a guess, with out GPS it knows neither its position nor the position of the 'home-point'/controller so surely it has nothing to navigate by?
2023-12-6
Use props
Dragon CAD
lvl.2
France

Yesterday I ve been been very close to crash my avata because of that stupid low battery rth. I was using my mini 2 just before, so it took me 2 seconds to find the pause button that is not localised on the same place on the rc.

This low battery rth is a danger !! Please do something !!!
1-3 22:49
Use props
Dragon CAD
lvl.2
France

When you start your drone close to big windows, it gets GPS.

Once again this low battery rth is a danger. Just give a warning would be perfect with a would you like to engage rth ...
1-3 22:55
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Dragon CAD Posted at 1-3 22:49
Yesterday I ve been been very close to crash my avata because of that stupid low battery rth. I was using my mini 2 just before, so it took me 2 seconds to find the pause button that is not localised on the same place on the rc.

This low battery rth is a danger !! Please do something !!!

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. The Low Battery RTH prompted by the DJI Fly app is calculated by an algorithm to ensure that the aircraft can return to the Home Point and land safely. Please be cautious with the flight environment to avoid incidents.
1-4 02:29
Use props
Dragon CAD
lvl.2
France

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-4 02:29
Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. The Low Battery RTH prompted by the DJI Fly app is calculated by an algorithm to ensure that the aircraft can return to the Home Point and land safely. Please be cautious with the flight environment to avoid incidents.

This algorihtm is not clever att all
1-28 09:12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Dragon CAD Posted at 1-28 09:12
This algorihtm is not clever att all

We thank you for your feedback. Rest assured that your concern will be forwarded to our relevant team. Thank you for your support.
2-1 02:49
Use props
djiuser_IR82br3CP2xP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 72635 ft

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-1 02:49
We thank you for your feedback. Rest assured that your concern will be forwarded to our relevant team. Thank you for your support.

Shouldn't the people who are trusted to purchase and use your product also be trusted to ensure their flight operations are done safely? Not everybody needs training wheels. It's a great feature to have for a default, but surely you can admit there are use cases that this is actually less safe.
3-11 20:08
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_IR82br3CP2xP Posted at 3-11 20:08
Shouldn't the people who are trusted to purchase and use your product also be trusted to ensure their flight operations are done safely? Not everybody needs training wheels. It's a great feature to have for a default, but surely you can admit there are use cases that this is actually less safe.

Thank you for sharing your opinion, djiuser_IR82br3CP2xP. Rest assured that this has been forwarded to our relevant team. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.
3-14 17:26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules