Caerlaverlock Castle, Dumfriesshire - 4K DJI MINI3 PRO
351 13 2022-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Albion Drones
First Officer
Flight distance : 2747100 ft
United Kingdom

Early autumn and early morning flight at the triangular Caerlaverlock Castle...
2022-10-4
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Glad to see you didn't care about HS's take on drone flights above their property. Love that place, shot it from the coast with signal getting weak.
2022-10-4
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 10-4 21:36
Glad to see you didn't care about HS's take on drone flights above their property. Love that place, shot it from the coast with signal getting weak.

Normally I will TOAL away, as they dont control the airspace, but that morning we were there very early, well before the place opens, so thought why not... Had a chat with the warden later, who said - as long as I didnt see it, then it didnt happen! A bit more relaxed than the guy at Sweetheart Abbey, who - even though I was TOAL away from their land - gave me a lecture on how I was breaking the law by 'flying within 250 yards of a road', tried to inform him of the rules, but he wasn't about to listen, so I landed and left..
Such a shame really, EH / NT / HS are all losing out on potential extra funding, if they had a booking system - before 9am and after 6pm - with a 20 to 30 minute slot bookable and with a small fee - plus needing to be a member of EH / NT / HS - then they would see an upsurge in revenue, plus free advertising. And my sub 250g MINI3 Pro has sensors, so I am unlikely to crash, and would cause no damage if I did...
Crazy situation at times, being made to feel like a criminal for legally enjoying a hobby...
2022-10-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks very good!
2022-10-4
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Thanks for the compliment
2022-10-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Albion Drones Posted at 10-4 22:44
Thanks for the compliment

My pleasure!
2022-10-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lovely views. Looks like there's some serious restoration work going on there?
2022-10-4
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 10-4 23:29
Lovely views. Looks like there's some serious restoration work going on there?

Yeah, there are a lot of things in the area being restored after the storms last year... Cardoness castle is closed, same with Caerlaverlock, and Sweetheart Abbey, all damaged by the winds I assume...
2022-10-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Albion Drones Posted at 10-4 23:58
Yeah, there are a lot of things in the area being restored after the storms last year... Cardoness castle is closed, same with Caerlaverlock, and Sweetheart Abbey, all damaged by the winds I assume...

Yes, the ravages of time.
Reading yours and Depps comments about overflying National Monuments, I'm with you.
It's the NIMBY attitude and the general demonising of drones by a hysterical Press seeking out sensationalism that has done most harm to our largely harmless passtime.
No harm, no foul   I liked the philosophical attitude of the one tolerant warden you did encounter  
2022-10-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lovely footage.    It is quite unique to see a medieval fortress in a triangular shape.  Great job of filming and editing.
2022-10-5
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-5 01:59
Lovely footage.    It is quite unique to see a medieval fortress in a triangular shape.  Great job of filming and editing.

Thanks for the comments
2022-10-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

very nice.  
2022-10-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 10-5 02:09
Thanks for the comments

You're very welcome Albion.    I really enjoyed the video.
2022-10-5
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Albion Drones Posted at 10-4 21:52
Normally I will TOAL away, as they dont control the airspace, but that morning we were there very early, well before the place opens, so thought why not... Had a chat with the warden later, who said - as long as I didnt see it, then it didnt happen! A bit more relaxed than the guy at Sweetheart Abbey, who - even though I was TOAL away from their land - gave me a lecture on how I was breaking the law by 'flying within 250 yards of a road', tried to inform him of the rules, but he wasn't about to listen, so I landed and left..
Such a shame really, EH / NT / HS are all losing out on potential extra funding, if they had a booking system - before 9am and after 6pm - with a 20 to 30 minute slot bookable and with a small fee - plus needing to be a member of EH / NT / HS - then they would see an upsurge in revenue, plus free advertising. And my sub 250g MINI3 Pro has sensors, so I am unlikely to crash, and would cause no damage if I did...
Crazy situation at times, being made to feel like a criminal for legally enjoying a hobby...

Yes, but last time I was in England I saw far fewer "no drones" signs at EH than before. Maybe they're getting a bit more relaxed.
Stupid because as you say: free advertising---
2022-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules