DJI Mic AUX chord issue
2421 9 2022-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WonderBryce
lvl.1
Canada

I recently purchased the DJI mic and its been fantastic. Unfortunately, at my most recent gig I lost one of the magnets. So I returned it to Amazon to get a replacement.
The weird part of this replacement, is that is comes with a different AUX chord. I've included a photo of the new cable, as its a straight cable instead of the usual angled one.

The problem here is that now the cable doesn't reach the other side of the transmitter if you wanted to face it outwards. I'm curious if anyone has encountered this. Did DJI send me the wrong cable? I am a bit confused about this as I haven't found anything about it yet.

Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 12.14.02 AM.png
2022-10-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I am still in the market for a DJI Mic, so I would not know, but I actually have a question myself for a Mic owner.
I am unsure if the transmission between the mics and the receiver is in mono or stereo.
There has been some who stated that it is mono (one mic uses one channel, the other mic uses the other channel) so together they would be stereo, but not both.
Can you confirm this?
2022-10-5
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I believe early versions of DJI Mic came with angled jacks but they subsequently switched to a slightly stiffer cable with straight plugs. I don't know if they did it to fix a reported problem but a few reviewers have found it to be too short for their configuration. Both versions are too short for me but they aren't proprietary and it's fairly easy to find good quality aftermarket male to male 3.5mm TRS straight or coiled leads in various lengths. However, looking at the picture, would you not rather have the display facing rearwards and solve the cable issue that way?  
2022-10-6
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 10-5 00:03
I am still in the market for a DJI Mic, so I would not know, but I actually have a question myself for a Mic owner.
I am unsure if the transmission between the mics and the receiver is in mono or stereo.
There has been some who stated that it is mono (one mic uses one channel, the other mic uses the other channel) so together they would be stereo, but not both.

The transmitters can be set to record separately to the left and right channels (S) or both to a single channel (M) unless you invoke the -6dB safety track (Ms), which takes up one channel, leaving only one for the main unattenuated audio from both transmitters.
2022-10-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

TooDeep Posted at 10-6 00:28
The transmitters can be set to record separately to the left and right channels (S) or both to a single channel (M) unless you invoke the -6dB safety track (Ms), which takes up one channel, leaving only one for the main unattenuated audio from both transmitters.

Thanks.
But can you record with 2 transmitters in stereo mode at the same time?
2022-10-6
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 10-6 00:45
Thanks.
But can you record with 2 transmitters in stereo mode at the same time?

The two transmitters can record simultaneously forming a stereo pair if I understand your question but the onboard mics are mono and even a stereo external mic's signal would be converted by the relevant transmitter to a mono WAV file.
2022-10-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

TooDeep Posted at 10-6 01:06
The two transmitters can record simultaneously forming a stereo pair if I understand your question but the onboard mics are mono and even a stereo external mic's signal would be converted by the relevant transmitter to a mono WAV file.

Thanks for confirming that!
2022-10-6
Use props
WonderBryce
lvl.1
Canada

Montfrooij Posted at 10-5 00:03

You can switch it to either Mono, Mono(with safety track) or Stereo. I believe when you are only using one mic Mono is totally fine, but when you are using two you can either do Mono or switch it to stereo to split the tracks up.

I hope that’s helpful!
2022-10-6
Use props
WonderBryce
lvl.1
Canada

TooDeep Posted at 10-6 00:16
I believe early versions of DJI Mic came with angled jacks but they subsequently switched to a slightly stiffer cable with straight plugs. I don't know if they did it to fix a reported problem but a few reviewers have found it to be too short for their configuration. Both versions are too short for me but they aren't proprietary and it's fairly easy to find good quality aftermarket male to male 3.5mm TRS straight or coiled leads in various lengths. However, looking at the picture, would you not rather have the display facing rearwards and solve the cable issue that way?

Thanks for the reply I appreciate that! After doing some research I figured they switched the cable for that reason. The reason I’d want the display facing forward is when I am filming myself (for YouTube) so I can see and adjust the settings without having to get out of my seat. It’s more of a convenience thing, not the end of the world!
2022-10-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

WonderBryce Posted at 10-6 10:09
You can switch it to either Mono, Mono(with safety track) or Stereo. I believe when you are only using one mic Mono is totally fine, but when you are using two you can either do Mono or switch it to stereo to split the tracks up.

I hope that’s helpful!

Yes it is.
Very helpful!
2022-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules