The camera does not activate with Mimo on LG V20 and locks me out
828 4 2022-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stan Pak
lvl.1
United States

I received my OSmo Action 3 camera today. I was excited and tried to test it etc. I noticed the activation screen but I wanted to activate it properly later. I thought this screen will just stop showing after 5 times. It was no warning that the device will be locked from use. I was surprised to discover that the camera just prevented me from using it just like that!
This is really terrible user experience which makes me want to return this camera ASAP and never deal with DJI any more.

I tried frantically to install Mimo on my LG V20 phone (Android 8.0) and then when looked for the device (with Bluetooth ON) it was not able to find the camera. Now, I payed lots of money for it and I am not able to use at all. Unbelievable - how you can do it DJI? Why you force the users to install the software I do not want to use at all (Mimo) and ask to register the camera in order to use it. I feel completely hoodwinked. If I do not resolve this issue with the service desk, I am returning this camera and never dealing with DJI products again.

DJI please correct these practices, as you actively self-harming your business and you will experience. I love your products but such things make me to research of alternatives.

Please advice how can I activate this camera now outside of using a phone?

2022-10-5
Use props
WiscoPaddler
lvl.4
United States

I had the same issue and luckily had an older phone. I have a Pixel 6a but used an old iPhone I had in a drawer to activate it and register it.

After that I could find it on my Pixel.  No idea why but showed right up on the iPhone but never in my pixel until after I activated and registered it.
2022-10-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Stan Pak. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused and thank you for reaching out. This is not the experience we want you to have with your new DJI Osmo Action 3. Kindly please try to use another recommended mobile device to activate and update the DJI Osmo Action 3's firmware first, then connect the DJI Camera to your mobile device. Kindly please keep us posted. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2022-10-5
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-5 22:20
Hello there Stan Pak. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused and thank you for reaching out. This is not the experience we want you to have with your new DJI Osmo Action 3. Kindly please try to use another recommended mobile device to activate and update the DJI Osmo Action 3's firmware first, then connect the DJI Camera to your mobile device. Kindly please keep us posted. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.

You really shouldn't be bricking a simple action camera because it isn't activated.

The only negative consequence should be no firmware update and perhaps no warranty since you wouldn't know date of first use.
I can't think of any other product which can be made shut down and useless, unless it is something which directly depends on internet and storing log files like a drone .
2022-10-5
Use props
sentigen
lvl.1

Canada

4wd Posted at 10-5 23:04
You really shouldn't be bricking a simple action camera because it isn't activated.

The only negative consequence should be no firmware update and perhaps no warranty since you wouldn't know date of first use.

I really have to agree with this post.  I am 45 and have worked with a significant amount of technology in my lifetime so far.  This is the first product I have seen that enforces activation and bricks if you don't.  I don't understand why DJI would be so aggressive in this regard.  Is it because DJI wants to bind an identity to the device?  What is the purpose of this?  I'm considering my first DJI purchase with this camera but feel very cautious now.
2022-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules