887 22 2022-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
www.maritimefilming.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27273678 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I hope its okay to share this draft reel here, I would love some feedback from you experts! Produced mainly with the DJI MAvic 3, but some shots from DJI Inspire 2, DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0, DJI Ronin S2 and DJI 4D, I have just posted V1 of our 2022 showreel (yes, I'm keen!) Would love any feedback on this unlisted link please ☺️

Not yet fully graded or stabilized. Including the Arctic Circle and the F1 in Saudi Arabia ☺️

Positives and criticism please

Best watched in Youtube for the full resolution!

2022-10-6
Use props
Delta Nine
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Looks professional, generic, nothing out of the ordinary, i was not tempted to watch it through without skipping the timeline, it didn't grab me, but it's fine for a promotional video.
2022-10-6
Use props
www.maritimefilming.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Delta Nine Posted at 10-6 01:02
Looks professional, generic, nothing out of the ordinary, i was not tempted to watch it through without skipping the timeline, it didn't grab me, but it's fine for a promotional video.

Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated

Anything particular to work on? Thanks
2022-10-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Delta Nine Posted at 10-6 01:02

nothing out of the ordinary ???
It's far beyond the usual standard seen in this forum.
2022-10-6
Use props
Delta Nine
lvl.4
United Kingdom

www.maritimefilming.com Posted at 10-6 01:12
Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated

Anything particular to work on? Thanks

It depends who the video is aimed at, if it's just promotional then visually it's great, the pace of the video is a bit quick for a 2 minute video, the edit is cool but the music dictates a fast snappy video, which is ok for a short video under 30 seconds, but 2 minutes at that pace is hard work watching/listening.
2022-10-6
Use props
www.maritimefilming.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 10-6 01:14
nothing out of the ordinary ???
It's far beyond the usual standard seen in this forum.

Very kind, thank you
2022-10-6
Use props
www.maritimefilming.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Delta Nine Posted at 10-6 01:45
It depends who the video is aimed at, if it's just promotional then visually it's great, the pace of the video is a bit quick for a 2 minute video, the edit is cool but the music dictates a fast snappy video, which is ok for a short video under 30 seconds, but 2 minutes at that pace is hard work watching/listening.

I see. Yea, its promotional Thanks for the thoughts
2022-10-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Love the shots of Tower bridge.  
2022-10-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there www.maritimefilming.com. Good day and thank you for posting this amazing aerial video that you have filmed. Great work and keep filming. .
2022-10-6
Use props
www.maritimefilming.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-6 02:47
Love the shots of Tower bridge.

Thanks, it was very special to get such awesome permissions
2022-10-6
Use props
www.maritimefilming.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-6 02:57
Hello there www.maritimefilming.com. Good day and thank you for posting this amazing aerial video that you have filmed. Great work and keep filming.  .

Thank you very much!
2022-10-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Exhilarating footage.  
2022-10-6
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hi Maritime, that's a nice video , it seems you put a lot of work into it. Since you are asking for constructive criticism, love the way it was shot and how you graded it it as well as music choice and special effects. I am not sure if it's supposed to be this way since it's reel and maybe unfinished work since you mentioned that, but what I'm finding it does not have a story, it is sort of all over the place, it seems to jump from one shot to another and in different areas of the world as well. If this is a promotional video, I am not an expert and don't claim to be, maybe it would help to add prompts to clue audience to what they are seeing and to help create a story , for instance "Boat rides here are just the norm..." and then you show the boat rides, you know what I mean, so it looks more like a story telling with prompts simulating narration. Also you had one of those text prompts on the screen in one of the scenes, but it was shown so fast , it was impossible to read. I am thinking along the lines of black screen with large text messages describes what people would enjoy in the specific scenes that would follow. Hope this helps. Otherwise great work, really liking it. Take care. Thanks, Mike.
2022-10-6
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hi Maritime,

Just wanted to mention I am not an expert and don't claim to be and I don't know what requirements you received from the company that requested this promotional video. It looks great and maybe the requirements were such that you filled them completely, these are just things that came to my mind, but without knowing the requirements I might be totally wrong.

Take care, Mike.
2022-10-6
Use props
Prairie Chicken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

Quite a variety of watercraft in that video. It looked very professional. Good shots, snappy music and editing. But two minutes of it was a bit much for my attention span as well. Maybe a short lull in the middle with a sailboat or something like that would break up the repetitiveness. But overall, nicely done.
2022-10-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there www.maritimefilming.com. You are very much welcome and thank yu for the reply. Have a safe and a happy filming always. .
2022-10-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Had another pleasant second watch
2022-10-6
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm sorry to question this, but there's some F1 shots in there and I can't believe that you're working a season as an accredited main camera, aerial cam and also managing to do the other maritime stuff on the side... I'd accept you might have done a few aerial shots for F1, but you've shown three separate shots from three hugely important cameras on live F1 racing.

Also, fairly sure you're not permitted to use the commentary in your reel, as that's copyrighted to the commentator/F1.

Interested to see if I'm wrong here, just seems a little bit too much to be true and the clip of the F1 car looks like it's taken stright off the Live TV coverage.
2022-10-7
Use props
www.maritimefilming.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CloudVisual Posted at 10-7 03:42
I'm sorry to question this, but there's some F1 shots in there and I can't believe that you're working a season as an accredited main camera, aerial cam and also managing to do the other maritime stuff on the side... I'd accept you might have done a few aerial shots for F1, but you've shown three separate shots from three hugely important cameras on live F1 racing.

Also, fairly sure you're not permitted to use the commentary in your reel, as that's copyrighted to the commentator/F1.

Hey Will
Hope you are well? Our team captured all the F1 shots in the showreel. We were part of the OB team providing 2 Live Drone feeds and Live Ground shots of the race. We also provided GVs before and after

We are able to use the commentary in a certain way when our shots were being overlayed at the time. We didn't do all season, only 3 tracks where drones are permitted.
Hope this helps
2022-10-7
Use props
www.maritimefilming.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm sorry to question this, but there's some F1 shots in there and I can't believe that you're working a season as an accredited main camera, aerial cam and also managing to do the other maritime stuff on the side... I'd accept you might have done a few aerial shots for F1, but you've shown three separate shots from three hugely important cameras on live F1 racing.

Here's one of the passes I kept
16651439846358740908011502781599.jpg
2022-10-7
Use props
www.maritimefilming.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

We do have a team of 5 so not just me managing to do all this shenanigans
2022-10-7
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

www.maritimefilming.com Posted at 10-7 03:57
Hey Will
Hope you are well? Our team captured all the F1 shots in the showreel. We were part of the OB team providing 2 Live Drone feeds and Live Ground shots of the race. We also provided GVs before and after

Thanks for this, I wasn't asking you to send me your accreditation, I was just amazed that you were covering such a variety of shots for the race and which is seemingly outside of your maritime focused business.

You've done a heck of a lot and I've seen plenty of your stuff on the socials, so a big well done to you and your team and all the best for the future.
2022-10-7
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

more tall ships, more motogp
2022-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now