1” longest exposure time?
2528 2 2022-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_rLypSPXJiPaE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1037930 ft
Italy

Just bought new Osmo Mobile 6 and I will use it together with an iPhone 12 Pro Max. I already noted the limit of 1” for long exposure while with the iPhone you can take picture, without the use of a tripod, up to 3” and up to 30” using a tripod.
Any chance to use a longer exposure time with the app DJI MIMO? Would be great for night shots. Thanks
2022-10-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the engineers' evaluation, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-8
Use props
Gibic
lvl.1

Lithuania

Same here.
I bought new Osmo Mobile 6 for night photo/video/timelapse/star tracking using long exposure.

After exploring the features and capabilities of the DJI Mimo, I realized that I can't shoot shutter speeds longer than 1 second!  Sorry, but this is nonsense!  Device capabilities severely limited by software!?  I've been doing photography for many years, but I've never seen a camera or a program that generally limits exposure.

After searching for information on the possibility of increasing the retention using the manufacturer's software, I was very disappointed, since the requests have been going on for years, it amazes me as an engineer that it is easier to build a new device than to adjust or implement one other feature..

I am very impressed with the Osmo Mobile 6 as a high quality  product, but the software would have been of the appropriate quality!

I hope DJI implements at least one of the main photography functions - exposure control (up to unlimited or limited by mobile phone)  - in the near future!

Mobile Phone: Apple iPhone 13 pro

DJI MIMO App requested features:
  Long time exposure: from 1/8000s up to manual control in PHOTO mode - for stars trails
  Custom exposure time (shutter speed) in TIMELAPSE all modes (Fixed Angle, L to R, R to L, Custom Motion) - for night sky tracking, night traffic and many others possibilities
2022-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules