Has anyone had disconnect problems with the new firmware and app
1693 11 2015-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kelleyre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59199 ft
United States

I just got everything updated with the latest firmware and everything went well, I just did and Imu calibration, then I also calibrated the compass,I was just about the lift off when I noticed that the radio quality went from good to poor then I got a disconnect. I've been flying this inspire now for about four months and it's been awesome, absolutely no issues whatsoever until today. One very odd thing is that the indicator at the top of the app that indicates level of the radio signal, not the video signal indicator, but the radio signal indicator is showing full bars but I'm still getting getting good to poor messages and then all of a sudden it will disconnect and then reconnect.  I thought I would mention one more thing, after loading the updates on the inspire 1 and the RC controller I was in the app looking around and all of a sudden it crashed the iPad totally rebooted it. The ipad that I'm using is the latest air with 128 gigs  with the cellular radio in it.  It hasn't crashed since it rebooted.

At this point I  guess I'm going to have stopt flying until I can get some more information about what's happening, just a little unnerving.
I guess I'll try and call DJI or get on the chat and see if maybe they have any ideas.  Fingers and toes crossed

Thanks for any ideas you guys may have

RK

2015-8-10
Use props
mikrubin
lvl.1

United States

I, too, just successfully updated my Inspire 1, battery and controller to v1.3.0.00...and then took it out for a brief test flight around the neighborhood.  I ran through the calibration process to play it safe.

After a direct lift to about 400ft then back down to about 90 feet, I did some maneuvering all within a 300 foot radius.  Low and behold, as it flew over me, the controller said "Change ATTI Mode" and I lost control of it (no response from the controller was recognized).  It flew over my house and a stand of trees ... out  of control and out of sight.

I hand't touched the toggle switch and was still in flight mode "P".  

I kept hitting the "Return to Home" button, probably about 10 times before the remote told me it was returning to home.  Luckily, raising to the default safety height of 100 feet kept it from crashing into the trees and house on the return.

I was able to regain control, land and kill the props.  For a minute (probably more like 40-to-50 long seconds), I thought it was a goner!

I brought it back inside and downloaded the flight data to see if there was anything out of the ordinary.  While the flight data captures a ton of details about the Inspire 1's flight, there is nothing regarding the controller or strength of signal.  There were at a minimum 13 GPS satellites it recognized during the entire flight.  

I am guessing the remote telling me it was changing ATTI mode that it probably lost the signal to the Inspire 1 and changed over to P-ATTI ... no GPS or Vision Positioning available.  It did this when it was almost directly overhead, so it is difficult to understand how it could so easily lose the signal.

I also ran an IMU check and it did not need calibration.  

Within the room where I set the bird up for diagnostics, I am getting a stable quality signal on one channel only (17), at -90 dBm for the "Image Transmission Settings" signal.  I believe it used to be much higher with the previous firmware version but can't say for sure.  The "Radio Channel" quality says "good".

Needless to say, I am very concerned about future flights!
Oh!  I just found: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 6orderby%3Ddateline

This might help...
2015-8-10
Use props
gatorone30
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1145489 ft
United States

I just got back from a job where we got aerials of a 26 story building with no problems. The radio signal and live video feed was rock solid. Ran all five batteries with no issues. Sorry to hear you are having problems.
2015-8-10
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check your channel selection.  If it is set to Auto change to Custom and select the channel with the lowest interference.  Then lower the transmission rate to 4mbps.  That should help you.
2015-8-10
Use props
kelleyre
lvl.4
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-8-11 03:53
Check your channel selection.  If it is set to Auto change to Custom and select the channel with the ...

Thanks Tahoe
What I understood was that the image Transmission Settings was for the Video Feed, which is different than the RC Feed that is controlling the Inspire 1. I was thinking that the video was on 5.8 Ghz and the Radio Control was on 2.4 Ghz.  The reason I am mentioning this was that when I get the disconnect warning I can no longer control anything from the remote ,(I can no longer rotate the gimbal etc.) until  it reconnects

Ill try and see if what you have mentioned helps any. Im just so scared now to even put props back on the Inspire 1.

Thanks
RK
2015-8-10
Use props
kelleyre
lvl.4
United States

Seems to be happening to the phantom 3s also

"Disconnected" / "No signal"on v1.3.20
Home / Phantom 3 139 4 2015-08-08 20:17:29

d.hautle
Switzerland
1#
Hi, I'm running my P3P on the latest firmware v1.3.20. It flies great, less drifting than before, BUT I keep losing connection. While on ground or in the air, close to the aircraft, the app will show first "disconnected" (data and video feed disappear), then "no signal", then "safe to fly" (normal data and feed again) without any action from my side. This keeps repeating itself, sometimes more than once per minute. Very annoying! I noticed that when I fly at higher altitudes (~100m) it's less frequent. It also happens in the nature, away from interferences from other signals. The cable shouldn't be the problem, since it works fine with my computer. I also noticed that when I try to download an image fro the P3P to the phone, it fails often and is very slow.
I have this problem since firmware v1.2.6, but it's not gone with the new one. It remains also when I deactivate VPS.

Any one has the same issue and knows how solve it? I didn't find anything in the threads about the new firmware..

Thanks
Twitter
Facebook
Favorite
2015-8-8 20:17 Reply Report

mpdigiman
Ireland
2#
I also had two lost signals on a single flight yesterday but never lost feed the notification bar at the top just said week rc signal then lost signal for a split second and back to 'safe to fly' so quickly the feed was not disrupted.
Also having horizontal flickering lines in recorded video which I never had on 1.1.9 or 1.2.6 FW. Hope we get some more info and feedback from pilots to see if these are bugs in the current firmware ???
2015-8-8 21:02 Reply Upvote () Downvote () Report

mikeon
United States
3#
Since I upgraded the remote control to 1.3.2 I can't get FPV at all, even on the ground.  It worked after the aircraft upgrade but not the RC upgrade.  DJI says I have to send it in for repair.
2015-8-8 21:14 Reply Upvote () Downvote () Report

ricardomorandin
Brazil
4#
Same here Guys.

I began having this issue after v1.3.20.

Any clue?
2015-8-11 05:15 Reply Upvote () Downvote () Report

rayrokni
United States
5#
ricardomorandin Posted at 2015-8-11 05:15
Same here Guys.

I began having this issue after v1.3.20.

i had this issue and it was solved by putting device in airplane mode and if an ios device, use the original apple lightning cable. I was getting the disconnected sign on my device non stop, after having done the above, it has all gone away.
i have a thread on the subject if you wanna go thru it for other inputs/info.
2015-8-10
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

We need to be more specific in what we are talking about.    There is an issue where the app is losing contact with the remote, where the image suddenly goes black and you get a NO SIGNAL message, but the remote is still controlling the Inspire no problem.   Sounds like you're talking about the remote itself losing contact, where you would have no control whatsoever.  
Did you lose pilot control or just the visual feed and access to the app settings?
2015-8-10
Use props
chris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 242247 ft
United States

After the FW update my I1 is telling me the same thing as far as losing RC connection then comes back, this is while its on the ground 5 ft in front of me or in the air. Video transmission has been fine when this happens.
I'm grounding the bird until this is fixed.
2015-8-10
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

kelleyre@gmail. Posted at 2015-8-11 05:22
Thanks Tahoe
What I understood was that the image Transmission Settings was for the Video Feed, wh ...

No the Lightbridge connection is pure digital 2.4gHz for both.  You have a MoMo antenna array to help.  What device are you using?  How are your antennas oriented?  They should be perpedicular from the ground and in a slight V like bunny ears.  We all hold our Tx's differently.  You need to be aware that the radiation pattern of the antennas require a close approximation to the ideal.
2015-8-10
Use props
kelleyre
lvl.4
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-8-11 06:15
No the Lightbridge connection is pure digital 2.4gHz for both.  You have a MoMo antenna array to he ...

Thanks Again Tahoe
I guess the part that baffles me the most is that I have had No Problems what so ever for months and have been doing all the firmware updates which have been successful until now, with this latest firmware and app update
The first thing that happened was that the iPad air 2 completely crashed while I was in the new app.
This iPad has not once crashed with any app, even the older DJI Apps.
This newest firmware and app just has got a bad vibe to it.
I will go thru everything again and see what happenes this evening.
Its still almost 100 degrees here in Tx

Thanks
RK
2015-8-10
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

kelleyre@gmail. Posted at 2015-8-11 06:47
Thanks Again Tahoe
I guess the part that baffles me the most is that I have had No Problems what s ...

It is about 103 here in Vegas.  I keep my iPad mini in a lunch bag with a blue ice pack.  I refrigerate my mini in the pack before and in between flights.  It does help.  The iPads are only rated to 95F so you have to manage the heat.
2015-8-11
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

throwing in a temperature thing; yesterday i was flying in the OC and it was 95 to 98 degrees F, 35 to 37 C.  I went to charge my batteries and only the top green LED lit up on multiple batteries.  so i put one in the fridge for a few minutes and then when placed in the charging hub all was well.
2015-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules