I plugged the P4R RC to the pc and this is the screenshot of DJIErkJggg==[/img]

Which is the real latest firmware?

2022-10-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there.
Sorry for the late reply.
We can not see the photo, would you mind trying to send us the photo again or you can also upload it to Google Drive or Dropbox and send us the link here.
Then we will check it asap.
Thank you for your support.
2022-10-6
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 10-6 23:15
Hi, there.
We can not see the photo, would you mind trying to send us the photo again or you can also upload it to Google Drive or Dropbox and send us the link here.

I think this is what he's talking about:
The one labeled as "LATEST VERSION" (V03.01.0000) is dated 2021-11-25, while the one below it with an earlier V# (V02.03.0402) has a more recent date of 2022-09-14.

So which one is newest? Is the V# wrong or the date?

And yes, I'm still using V02.02.0505 from 2020-07-16. I don't like to update fw, it often causes more problems than it solves.

which firmware is newest?

which firmware is newest?
2022-10-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

patiam Posted at 10-7 07:02
I think this is what he's talking about:
The one labeled as "LATEST VERSION" (V03.01.0000) is dated 2021-11-25, while the one below it with an earlier V# (V02.03.0402) has a more recent date of 2022-09-14.

Thanks for the update.
Please check the following information:
As shown in the attached picture, the latest firmware version of the aircraft is V02.02.0608, the latest firmware version of the remote controller with screen is V02.02.0607, and the latest firmware version of the SDK remote controller is V02.02.0608. For version information, please refer to the release record.

Your software appears with 03 series firmware such as V03.01.0000, because the smart controller is connected to adjust the assistant 2, and the result is the firmware version of the agricultural machine. Now for the smart controller, we recommend that you use SD card to upgrade, not recommended use the assistant software to upgrade (you can still use the assistant to upgrade the aircraft and the SDK remote controller), the reason is that the firmware of the agricultural machine will be refreshed, which may cause you to upgrade to the wrong version by mistake.

2022-10-9
Use props
Lowlee
lvl.2

Italy

Thank you all!
Yes, I was talking about that v03 version.
I have V02.02.0607 version so I don't need to update.
However it works fine but lacks of functionalities.

P4RTK develop is dead?
2022-10-10
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 10-9 23:32
Thanks for the update.
Please check the following information:
As shown in the attached picture, the latest firmware version of the aircraft is V02.02.0608, the latest firmware version of the remote controller with screen is V02.02.0607, and the latest firmware version of the SDK remote controller is V02.02.0608. For version information, please refer to the release record.

Thank you DJI Natalia.

Can you please describe the method of using an SD card to upgrade firmware instead of using Assistant, for those that may not know?
2022-10-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

patiam Posted at 10-10 10:51
Thank you DJI Natalia.

Can you please describe the method of using an SD card to upgrade firmware instead of using Assistant, for those that may not know?

Thanks for the reply and reminder as well.
Here is the related information of how to use the microSD card to upgrade: Download the corresponding firmware on the DJI official website and copy the file (AG410Fw_xxxxxx.bin) on the microSD card root directory. Insert the microSD card into the microSD card slot on the remote controller. Power on the remote controller. After approximately 10 seconds, a prompt will appear stating “firmware package detected”. Follow the prompts for operation until the update has finished. (After updating, remove the microSD card and delete the firmware package.)
Note: The firmware for the Phantom 4 RTK remote controller with a built-in screen can be updated by using the DJI Assistant for Phantom only when the firmware version is 02.01.0012 or below. If the firmware version is higher than 02.01.0012, the remote controller can only be updated via the DJI GS RTK app or microSD card.

2022-10-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Lowlee Posted at 10-10 08:42
Thank you all!
Yes, I was talking about that v03 version.
I have V02.02.0607 version so I don't need to update.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
May we know more details about the functionalities? Then we will check it and reply to you here asap.
Thank you in advance,
2022-10-10
Use props
Lowlee
lvl.2

Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 10-10 17:50
Thanks for the reply and reminder as well.
Here is the related information of how to use the microSD card to upgrade: Download the corresponding firmware on the DJI official website and copy the file (AG410Fw_xxxxxx.bin) on the microSD card root directory. Insert the microSD card into the microSD card slot on the remote controller. Power on the remote controller. After approximately 10 seconds, a prompt will appear stating “firmware package detected”. Follow the prompts for operation until the update has finished. (After updating, remove the microSD card and delete the firmware package.)
Note: The firmware for the Phantom 4 RTK remote controller with a built-in screen can be updated by using the DJI Assistant for Phantom only when the firmware version is 02.01.0012 or below. If the firmware version is higher than 02.01.0012, the remote controller can only be updated via the DJI GS RTK app or microSD card.

What happen if I update via DJI Assistant?
2022-10-11
Use props
Lowlee
lvl.2

Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 10-10 17:51
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
May we know more details about the functionalities? Then we will check it and reply to you here asap.
Thank you in advance,

It will be so good to have a new firmware with simple updates like:
- switch between start and end point
- terrain awareness for all types of mission (linear, 3d etc...)
- offset linear missions
- offset the altitude of the DSM in terrain awareness
- possibility to use the terrain awareness without RTK using the home point as reference

And, if it is possible, more advanced functions like:
- circular missions
- perimetral missions
- single mission with a combination of different types of missions
- possibility to edit a stopped execution mission
2022-10-11
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lowlee Posted at 10-11 06:23

Yes to all that! (ESPECIALLY the first one! Just let US pick the start point!)
And panoramic photos!
Linear video routes!

(but to be realistic, I wouldn't expect to see any of this.)
2022-10-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Lowlee Posted at 10-11 06:13
What happen if I update via DJI Assistant?

Thanks for the reply.
Please note that now for the smart controller, we recommend that you use SD card to upgrade, not recommended use the assistant software to upgrade (you can still use the assistant to upgrade the aircraft and the SDK remote controller), the reason is that the firmware of the agricultural machine will be refreshed, which may cause you to upgrade to the wrong version by mistake.
2022-10-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Lowlee Posted at 10-11 06:23

Thank you very much for your feedback as well.
We will forward it to the relevant team and see how we can do better with these parts.
If there is anything else that we can help with, please feel free to let me know.
2022-10-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

patiam Posted at 10-11 11:55
Yes to all that! (ESPECIALLY the first one! Just let US pick the start point!)
And panoramic photos!
Linear video routes!

Please don't worry, we will forward these suggestions to the relevant team, and they will check it asap. Some suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com.
2022-10-11
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 10-11 17:41
Thanks for the reply.
Please note that now for the smart controller, we recommend that you use SD card to upgrade, not recommended use the assistant software to upgrade (you can still use the assistant to upgrade the aircraft and the SDK remote controller), the reason is that the firmware of the agricultural machine will be refreshed, which may cause you to upgrade to the wrong version by mistake.

What about upgrading using GS RTK on the smart controller w/ built-in screen?
[ETA - looks like it works OK.].

2022-10-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

patiam Posted at 10-12 09:07
What about upgrading using GS RTK on the smart controller w/ built-in screen?
[ETA - looks like it works OK.].

Please note that when the remote control is connected to the Internet, the remote control part can be upgraded directly on the upgrade interface. The aircraft needs to use a USB-C OTG cable and a Micro USB cable to connect the remote control and the aircraft, and then upgrade on the interface shown in the figure.
For more details, please check the following photos:

2022-10-16
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 10-16 23:12
Please note that when the remote control is connected to the Internet, the remote control part can be upgraded directly on the upgrade interface. The aircraft needs to use a USB-C OTG cable and a Micro USB cable to connect the remote control and the aircraft, and then upgrade on the interface shown in the figure.
For more details, please check the following photos:

Thanks @DJI Natalia. That's how I did it.
2022-10-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

patiam Posted at 10-17 07:22
Thanks @DJI Natalia. That's how I did it.

You are welcome, if you need any more support, please let us know.
2022-10-17
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2022-10-17 17:26
You are welcome, if you need any more support, please let us know.

Hi DJI Natalia-

Is the most current fw for the "Smart Controller" now Phantom 4 RTK Remote Controller Firmware V02.02.0612 as listed on the DJI Phantom 4 RTK Download Center? Or is that for the SDK Controller?

I really wish DJI could be more clear about this, or make their fw update process smart enough so that we don't have to second-guess it...
I mean I do see this New Phantom 4 RTK Firmware Released (11/16/2022) but the discussion in this thread and others has made me question fw upgrades even more these days...

Thanks!
2023-3-23
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Just noting that the 4 most recently posted/replied threads right now all have to do with fw issues...

I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
2023-3-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

patiam Posted at 3-23 08:27
Hi DJI Natalia-

Is the most current fw for the "Smart Controller" now Phantom 4 RTK Remote Controller Firmware V02.02.0612 as listed on the DJI Phantom 4 RTK Download Center? Or is that for the SDK Controller?

Hi, patiam.
Sorry for the belated reply.
We are confirming details with our relevant team and will get back to you once we received any updates.
Thanks for your patience in advance.
2023-3-28
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thank you DJI Natalia.
I look forward to hearing the response from your relevant team™.
We're used to waiting around here.
2023-3-29
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Please be sure to address this issue

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D699%26typeid%3D699

with respect to current/latest firmware.
2023-3-30
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-28 03:57
Hi, patiam.
Sorry for the belated reply.
We are confirming details with our relevant team and will get back to you once we received any updates.

Hi DJI Natalia.
Any news from your relevant team™?
2023-4-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

patiam Posted at 4-6 06:18
Hi DJI Natalia.
Any news from your relevant team™?

Hi, patiam, we are sincerely sorry for the belated reply.

For your problem, please check the below details:
The latest firmware version of the smart controller is V 02.02.0612;
The latest firmware version of the SDK remote control is V 02.02.0611;

Besides, we noticed you mentioned a problem of No Offline Maps, DJI engineers have determined the cause of this issue. Due to copyright restrictions, the remote sensing map cannot be cached to local storage. We recommend that you connect the remote controller to the network to load the remote sensing base map during the flight route planning or flight. Also, you can choose an electronic map as the base map for flight route planning and flight operation. And rest assured that our engineers will optimize the problem later.

Thank you for your understanding.

2023-4-6
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-6 23:36
Hi, patiam, we are sincerely sorry for the belated reply.

For your problem, please check the below details:

Thanks DJI Natalia-

Can you please explain a bit more what you mean by the following (posted here in this and in the referenced "No Offline Maps" thread):

"We recommend that you connect the remote controller to the network to load the remote sensing base map during the flight route planning or flight."

Does that mean we only can use the map for planning but not for flight if we do not have an internet connection in the field?

"Also, you can choose an electronic map as the base map for flight route planning and flight operation."

By "electronic map" are you referring to a tiff image that we supply ourselves?

" And rest assured that our engineers will optimize the problem later."

How much "later"?

Thank you,
-pat

2023-4-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

patiam Posted at 4-7 21:55
Thanks DJI Natalia-

Can you please explain a bit more what you mean by the following (posted here in this and in the referenced "No Offline Maps" thread):

Hi, Patiam. Sorry for the belated reply.
According to your problems, here are more details FYR:
1. If you are not connected to the network, the map will be unclear, but it will not affect the aircraft to unlock and fly. If you want to cache the map, please use the beta version of the APP.
2. The electronic map can be switched on the map interface, you can refer to the attached screenshot to check it.
3. For your third question, we are sorry that we cannot provide a specific time, but we will urge the relevant team to resolve this issue as soon as possible.
Thank you again for your support.
2023-4-10
Use props
Lowlee
lvl.2

Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-10 01:40
Hi, Patiam. Sorry for the belated reply.
According to your problems, here are more details FYR:
1. If you are not connected to the network, the map will be unclear, but it will not affect the aircraft to unlock and fly. If you want to cache the map, please use the beta version of the APP.

Hi Natalia,

what is the beta version of the app?

Working in non urban enviroment we need a satellite map saved in the RC.
I have a Parrot Anafi and I can save the maps of the area where I'm going to work, why we don't have a simple function like this in a professional P4RTK??
2023-9-15
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Also interested in this "beta version"... Why tell us about it but not how to get it?
2023-9-21
Use props
Lowlee
lvl.2

Italy

Ok, RC shows a new "beta" firmware, but the log shows only a new feature: Added support for Remote ID in United States

I'm in europe, it is recomended to update?
This firmware solve map issues?
2023-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules