Off brand gimbal and camera for FPV for FC40
800 2 2015-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marc
New

United States

I have the Phantom FC40 and 5.8Gz Tx.  This is now going to be my test drone to use before flying a more expensive drone like the Inspire.  

The Phantom's FC40 camera was trashed from a 20 foot loss of control, crash landing.  While nothing will save me from bad pilot error, has anyone installed off brand retractable struts?

I'd like recommendations upgrading to retractable landing struts, camera, range extender and gimbal for FPV.  Until I get better as a pilot I'd like to purchase off-brand products for FPV.  I've picked the iWalkera camera - but I'm unclear about the gimbal selection 2 axis vs 3 for the FC40, and the anntena Rx/Tx upgrades.  I've no experience using goggles - not oppossed to trying 'em either.

Thanks, in advance for the recommendations.  

2015-8-10
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CNC Brushless gimbal £30 ish Boscam TS321 Transmitter and RC802 Cost of around £40 and then a gimbal control £8 which sticks to the rear of your controller.
2015-8-12
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had an old LCD screen which I adaptor and soldered appropriate connections to. I also purchased a Quntum DIY Kit FPV from Hobby King.
2015-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules