Can DJI confirm which serial numbers are affected by optical issues?
735 9 2022-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_i82mY6tgH5DN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98950 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are definitely issues going on with the lens elements or design that are having an impact on focus.  If UPS doesn't disappoint me again I should be picking up my Action 3 today.  Is there anyway to confirm if the issues are a specific batch of cameras or only affect certain serial numbers?  So far I haven't seen an example of one that seemed "perfect" or at least acceptable for the price.  If DJI can confirm which (or if all) current cameras potentially have an issue I can hold off on unboxing and instead send it directly back.

2022-10-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know more details about your issue?
2022-10-6
Use props
real_martinmcfl
lvl.1
Germany

Its about the focus issue. I got it too on my brand new Osmo Action 3. I hope you can fix it via firmware or do an exchange with non faulty units!

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D781%26typeid%3D781
2022-10-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

real_martinmcfl Posted at 10-7 04:27
Its about the focus issue. I got it too on my brand new Osmo Action 3. I hope you can fix it via firmware or do an exchange with non faulty units!

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=276333&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D781%26typeid%3D781

Thank you for your feedback. After the analysis and test taken by our engineers, we found that this issue is due to the relatively higher internal parameters in a few cameras. We will release firmware to optimize this issue. Please stay tuned to our official website for the update.
2022-10-7
Use props
mygiguser
lvl.2
United States

I have the same issue with my new Action3. All my videos are not as sharp as the ones i record with Action1. See screenshot.
2022-10-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

mygiguser Posted at 10-8 08:25
[view_image]

I have the same issue with my new Action3. All my videos are not as sharp as the ones i record with Action1. See screenshot.

Could you please give us the original files for us to double-check? You could upload them to Google Drive/ Dropbox and send the link to us
2022-10-8
Use props
mygiguser
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 10-8 22:45
Could you please give us the original files for us to double-check? You could upload them to Google Drive/ Dropbox and send the link to us

I PM you the link to my Google Drive. Thanks for looking at this!
2022-10-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

mygiguser Posted at 10-9 09:13
I PM you the link to my Google Drive. Thanks for looking at this!

Thank you for your reply. We have replied to your PM. You may have a check.
2022-10-10
Use props
djiuser_tSimFUP2RM9H
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137943 ft
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-7 23:51
Thank you for your feedback. After the analysis and test taken by our engineers, we found that this issue is due to the relatively higher internal parameters in a few cameras. We will release firmware to optimize this issue. Please stay tuned to our official website for the update.

Can you re-define this statement  i human understabdable terms? Your explanation of the defect causing soft focus is obtuse .
2022-10-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_tSimFUP2RM9H Posted at 10-12 20:07
Can you re-define this statement  i human understabdable terms? Your explanation of the defect causing soft focus is obtuse .

Hi, there. Sorry for the late reply. It's affected by some parameter values related to camera resolution. Please rest assured we will update the firmware ASAP.
2022-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules