Issue updating firmware on D-RTK 2
3321 11 2022-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CC-Mapper
lvl.2

United States

Hello all,
First post, and I hope it is to the right forum channel.
We have a new M300 RTK, L1 Zenmuse and D-RTK 2 for our College GIS Dept.
Ive been able to successfully update the firmware on the Drone, Smart Controller, L1 and WB37 Battery Case, but Im having a bear of a time with the D-RTK2. Maybe it shipped with the v3.x Im not sure. When I attach the station to the DJI Asst2 software and log in, it sees the base station, I click on the light brown panel with D-RTK 2, the app moves to a Loading bar screen, but just stays at 0%... forever. Ive tried several computers, internet connection is not an issue.

When I connect the D-RTK2 to the controller via USB C, even using a very expensive 40Gb/s cable, nothing. When the controller checks if everythings firmware is up to date, it says yes, However, in the health page of the controller, where it shows status of each device, the D-RTK2 shows disconnected, even tho I can see its Coordinates and Satellite count.
They all seem to be talking in the field tho. The controller reports the GNSS Satellites from the base station and M300 RTK, the basestation is able to enter Mode 5 and see 18-24 birds, and I receive no warnings.

I hope this post makes sense, and am not sure how to proceed at this point.
I accept that I am a newb and any assistance is appreciated!

Thanks!
2022-10-6
Use props
CC-Mapper
lvl.2

United States

P.S. If this post needs to be moved, can a mod please do so? TY!
2022-10-6
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Greetings CC-Mapper.

You are using DJI Assistant 2 (Enterprise Series), correct?
2022-10-7
Use props
CC-Mapper
lvl.2

United States

patiam Posted at 10-7 19:42
Greetings CC-Mapper.

Hello patiam!
Yes, Enterprise Series, freshly downloaded.
2022-10-8
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

CC-Mapper Posted at 10-8 05:54
Hello patiam!
Yes, Enterprise Series, freshly downloaded.

I have a couple D-RTK 2's but no M300. I have also experienced weirdness updating firmware on multiple DJI products (I manage about a dozen aircraft and associated gear).

If everything is working, I wouldn't worry too much about it. IMO fw updates are to be avoided rather than embraced When forced to do so in order to fly, I'll apply them, but otherwise unless they purport to fix an issue I am experiencing or unlock a functionality I need, I am leery of them.

Sorry, I know this doesn't really help. Just sharing my experience & opinion.
2022-10-8
Use props
CC-Mapper
lvl.2

United States

patiam Posted at 10-8 06:14
I have a couple D-RTK 2's but no M300. I have also experienced weirdness updating firmware on multiple DJI products (I manage about a dozen aircraft and associated gear).

If everything is working, I wouldn't worry too much about it. IMO fw updates are to be avoided rather than embraced  When forced to do so in order to fly, I'll apply them, but otherwise unless they purport to fix an issue I am experiencing or unlock a functionality I need, I am leery of them.

Patiam,
I appreciate your time and knowledge. The test runs so far are yielding good data, and Im tempted to let the firmware rest for now as well.
One further question about the D-RTK 2, is there a way to cross check its accuracy via the files generated during the flight? Im still getting up to speed as quickly as I can, but this new realm is large and any tips and tricks can make short work of some issues.

Thank you again!
2022-10-8
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

If you're putting the D-RTK 2 on a known benchmark and inputting those coordinates, the only accuracy that really matters is that of the imagery or LiDAR data recorded by your aircraft, so some GCPs (that you use as checkpoints only, not for georeferencing the project) are all you need. Get their locations using RTK GNSS as well, and use them in you chosen photogrammetry software.

Unless you're interested in determining the actual accuracy of the D-RTK 2 itself for some reason that is.
2022-10-8
Use props
CC-Mapper
lvl.2

United States

patiam Posted at 10-8 14:28
If you're putting the D-RTK 2 on a known benchmark and inputting those coordinates, the only accuracy that really matters is that of the imagery or LiDAR data recorded by your aircraft, so some GCPs (that you use as checkpoints only, not for georeferencing the project) are all you need. Get their locations using RTK GNSS as well, and use them in you chosen photogrammetry software.

Unless you're interested in determining the actual accuracy of the D-RTK 2 itself for some reason that is.

Thanks patiam, this is precisely the information and point of view I was looking for.
Thank You!
2022-10-10
Use props
BaddogTwo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2783189 ft
United States

patiam Posted at 2022-10-7 19:42
Greetings CC-Mapper.

I have the same issue but I am using "DJI Assistant 2 for MG"   The D-RTK 2 is listed as a Supported Product for this software version, as well as the drone I use, which is the Mavic 3 Multispectral.  I downloaded the Enterprise Series version and got the same results.
2023-7-9
Use props
Nilich
lvl.2

United States

Same issue updating D-RTK2 when using DJI Assistant 2 (Enterprise Series). It recognized D-RTK2. Posted a message on PC that device software is incompatible with other devices. Shows a screen with updates history and screen that insisted that updates needed. Now it is seating for the last hour with download line at 0% and message "Updating... V03.01.000". D-RTK2 is on. D-RTK2 buttons: 2 flashing green and the power button flashing red. I have to be on the plain in 2 hours with all the equipment ready to go.
Are any DJI reps monitoring this massages? Can some one from DJI give a directions what to do in this case? Please....

Update:
2 hours later ... finaly after clicking multiple times on "refresh", "update" againe and againe (the screen insisting that update is needed would go away for 1-2 seconds after clicking X in the corner and you have to quickly click on "refresh" before it pop-up againe obstracting background view and buttons) another screen pops-up asking to confirem if I want to upgrade. Only after "yes" on this screen, the update went through. Took about 5-10 minutes for actual update process.
2023-12-7
Use props
CC-Mapper
lvl.2

United States

Nilich Posted at 12-7 10:44
Same issue updating D-RTK2 when using DJI Assistant 2 (Enterprise Series). It recognized D-RTK2. Posted a message on PC that device software is incompatible with other devices. Shows a screen with updates history and screen that insisted that updates needed. Now it is seating for the last hour with download line at 0% and message "Updating... V03.01.000". D-RTK2 is on. D-RTK2 buttons: 2 flashing green and the power button flashing red. I have to be on the plain in 2 hours with all the equipment ready to go.
Are any DJI reps monitoring this massages? Can some one from DJI give a directions what to do in this case? Please....

I really appreciate your reply.
Next time I'm in a position to update, I'll try to repro what you did to get it to Default to the Flash/Upgrade.
DJI, I hope you're reading this, but maybe you have already fixed it. But guys, if not:  "Default to the Flash/Upgrade"
Might take a few weeks to find out.

Thank You, Nilch.
2023-12-9
Use props
CC-Mapper
lvl.2

United States

Nilich Posted at 12-7 10:44
Same issue updating D-RTK2 when using DJI Assistant 2 (Enterprise Series). It recognized D-RTK2. Posted a message on PC that device software is incompatible with other devices. Shows a screen with updates history and screen that insisted that updates needed. Now it is seating for the last hour with download line at 0% and message "Updating... V03.01.000". D-RTK2 is on. D-RTK2 buttons: 2 flashing green and the power button flashing red. I have to be on the plain in 2 hours with all the equipment ready to go.
Are any DJI reps monitoring this massages? Can some one from DJI give a directions what to do in this case? Please....

I forgot ask, When you get the chance, what version did it update to?

Thanks man.
2023-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules