Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
m300 - pji pilot 2 - terrain follow - height when returing home
2354 8 2022-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
egeorgiou
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1283337 ft
Greece

Hello.
I am about to use the Terrain follow in a steep area.
Flight plan looks reasonable ok - just a question before trying:
- what will be the return to home height?

I quess it wont use the DSM.

I will try to make a test before actually doing the mission in any case.
2022-10-7
Use props
Arnor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

Interested in the outcome of this one :-)
2022-10-9
Use props
egeorgiou
lvl.3
Greece

It doesn't utilize DSM upon going/returning to/from start/end point. More over it holds the maximum altitude setting and this is tied where you begin with flying. These mission need to be well prepared in advance. I cancelled the original flying dates for the next window of wind speed in order to prepare the missions more carefully.
2022-10-11
Use props
TerrainDrop
lvl.2

United States

RTH is a separate state that does not follow planned waypoints which is what does the terrain following. Be careful not to set the RTH too low. You don't always have control over when the aircraft will return home and if there is something taller in the way it will be a problem (crash) unless manual action is taken.

2022-10-11
Use props
egeorgiou
lvl.3
Greece

TerrainDrop Posted at 10-11 06:49
RTH is a separate state that does not follow planned waypoints which is what does the terrain following. Be careful not to set the RTH too low. You don't always have control over when the aircraft will return home and if there is something taller in the way it will be a problem (crash) unless manual action is taken.

Thats is what i am saying. You need to plan in advance where you will start and how you will land.
2022-10-11
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes there are numerous threads on these forums regarding nasty surprises experienced on RTH by those using TA during their missions. Plan carefully or do not use auto-RTH and fly manually.
2022-10-11
Use props
djiuser_aPyVH6RCT4K6
lvl.1

Philippines

from my experience. it will follow the take-off point for RTH elevation.
2022-10-11
Use props
Michael Graham
New

Australia

was there ever a resolve....i am.very interested as we are mappinh a mountain range 600m asl and the take off point is 100m ASL and out side of the mapping mission area so i was hoping there was inclined or decline rth function or a way point rth function or some thing similar.   i know you can manually fly to theission area however i wasnt convince it was then flying at the coreect height relative to take off point and whennit built the terrain model.
2023-9-27
Use props
Michael Graham
New

Australia

was there ever a resolve....i am.very interested as we are mappinh a mountain range 600m asl and the take off point is 100m ASL and out side of the mapping mission area so i was hoping there was inclined or decline rth function or a way point rth function or some thing similar.   i know you can manually fly to theission area however i wasnt convince it was then flying at the coreect height relative to take off point and whennit built the terrain model.
2023-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules