10314 92 2022-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Hybrid Shooter
lvl.2
  • >>>
Slovakia

10-Bit Posted at 10-10 07:11
It is perfectly fine for you to have your own personal differing opinion on close focus.  But it really does not matter much to most owners.  When others disagree with you and return their OA3 cameras outright - or present evidence here on the forum of “issues” present on their devices.  Remember DJI Support actually has already confirmed there is an “issue” for certain devices that cannot focus at 30cm.  It makes no logical sense for you to personally push back on that - and harm the chances of other concerned owners - to have their OA3 devices repaired under warranty.

It is getting very repetitive to try helping you out here - so I may not help you out any further.  Unless you personally apologize to me - for mistakenly attacking me due to your incorrect assumptions.

Is that supposed to be a joke? Why would I apologise for sharing my testing results? I don't care wheter the results of my testing match your desired outcome. You specifically asked me whether I am ok with my result. Also, I have never asked for your help with anything, I have 3 testing units, why would I be interested in your help? I have no idea what do you mean by that. And what I am pushing back on? I have confirmed that both of my OA3 can't achieve complete sharpness at 30cm.
I have nothing to do with the way that DJI support is handling this "situation". I obviously wouldn't even think about apologising to you.
This was my last post regarding the OA3 on this forum, if anybody wants ask me anything, I will be checking the comments under my OA3 review and future comparisons.

2022-10-10
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

The Hybrid Shooter Posted at 10-10 07:30
Is that supposed to be a joke? Why would I apologise for sharing my testing results? I don't care wheter the results of my testing match your desired outcome. You specifically asked me whether I am ok with my result. Also, I have never asked for your help with anything, I have 3 testing units, why would I be interested in your help? I have no idea what do you mean by that. And what I am pushing back on? I have confirmed that both of my OA3 can't achieve complete sharpness at 30cm.
I have nothing to do with the way that DJI support is handling this "situation". I obviously wouldn't even think about apologising to you.
This was my last post regardin, the OA3 on this forum, if anybody wants ask me something, I will be checking the comment under my OA3 review and future comparisons.

No worries.  B-Bye!
2022-10-10
Use props
Iancraig10
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Maybe we can continue a discussion now?

I compared OA2 and 3 this morning and to be honest, the close face focus thing was there all of the time with the 2. They both don’t give a sharp selfie.

I took shots of the pond and then a selfie, to compare.

The Action 3 seemed to control the dynamic range slightly better. It shows more in camera sharpening I think, but at distance, they seem pretty much level but they both don’t like my face!

I have to say, the fov isn’t flattering so maybe it’s best not to use these cameras for vlogging type situations.

They never fixed the 2 which doesn’t bode well for the 3.

In the garden shot, I used a Pocket 2. Shame that focusing wasn’t incorporated into the action 2 and 3 just for that last bit of closeness.

2022-10-10
Use props
osmonauta
lvl.4
Hungary

---DELETED---
2022-10-10
Use props
Iancraig10
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

osmonauta Posted at 10-10 11:34
Actually it is interesting that when you are sitting in the chair your face is in focus and sharp, while the background trees are a little blurred. But when you are holding the stick (around 1:15), your face is blurred and the background trees are sharper.

BTW, I'm only watching it at 1080p. I have a MacBook Pro with retina display which is a 227 PPI display, so it is quite nice and sharp.

For the garden shots I used the Pocket 2 as a reference sharpness for myself. The test part is labelled with Action 2 and Action 3. Maybe. I should have said at the start.
2022-10-10
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

Here is another valid video showing what the current DJI Support “issue” is for the OA3.

2022-10-10
Use props
Drone Junkie RC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

BUSTED..! Good eye. You caught this guys Tom Foolery.
2022-10-13
Use props
laszlo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48688 ft
  • >>>
United States

And another....
2022-10-14
Use props
David_Harry
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Good shout. You’ll also find that this guy proper screwed up in the past on other videos as well.
2022-10-21
Use props
David_Harry
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The Hybrid Shooter Posted at 10-8 06:04
No, I am talking specifically about close focusing, not about overall image quality, I haven't compared that yet. If we are talking about the close focus distance, that really is the same, I have compared the samples, so I don't see anything misleading there.
I paid for that Action 3 myself, I am not a big YouTuber by any means. I won't get the money that I paid for that camera back, I would need about 100K views to get the money back  that is very unlikely.

I’m interested in something  you said “ I won't get the money that I paid for that camera back, I would need about 100K views to get the money back  that is very unlikely.”

Would you mind showing your RPM from last month, just to give people an idea of how many views you’ll likely need to break even on your purchase of the Action 3. I appreciate that this changes from video to video but over the course of a range of videos about a particular product, which you do, these things do even out to somewhere near the RPM for any particular point in time.

Also, taking a quick look through your video list. It’s clear that over time your DJI products have accumulated enough views to not only break even on the purchase of the products but to also put your channel into profit. At least in terms of the cost of the products themselves.

You say you are not a big YouTuber, however, that’s a relative measurement. Compared to a channel with 1,000,000 subs you may not look like a big channel. But compared to a channel with only 400 subs, your channel would be massive.

However, I feel that you are doing yourself a great disservice when talking about size, as your channel has over 29,000,000 views. And by anyone’s standards, that’s a lot. Plus, there are channels with more subs than yours but not as many views. And seeing as it’s views not subs that make the money, I’d say that your channel isn’t doing too bad and isn’t that small in the global scheme of things and is well capable of covering the costs of purchases over time.

Anyway, I look forward to your answers to my questions, which I’m assuming that you won’t have a problem in answering, seeing as you don’t mind talking about things like channel size and how many views you’d need to recoup costs.

2022-10-21
Use props
Lorpal
lvl.1
Canada

The Hybrid Shooter Posted at 10-9 13:59
It will be in my GoPro comparison, probably on Wednesday. At 30cm, it is not completely in focus, 40cm is acceptable, 50cm is completely sharp. Tested with 2x OA3, 1x A2, same results.

I won’t be watching it because I have no idea which clips will actually belong to which camera. Sorry my dude but you have no cred.

Once you knew you mislabeled the video - you should have fixed it immediately instead of making excuses.
2022-10-24
Use props
hurtighansen1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26296 ft
Denmark

andrei193 Posted at 10-7 11:56
Wow. Good catch. He actually recycled the footage. The clouds cannot ever be identical. So dishonest. And I find it funny that he mentioned that the close focus distance is good, like he knows the problem exists but he felt the need to blatantly lie about it. When he tested the audio it clearly shows his camera suffers from the close focus problem too.

Link this too him. lol he can't erase you here.

Just a fake reviews. Did see his rw, but did find it useless. Do not think i watch much of it.  
2022-10-25
Use props
AndyUS19
lvl.2

United States

I purchased OA3 from amazon. Receive it in morning, update firmware, test out in bright daylight. The image is really soft compared to my OA1 which I still use it. So, I return OA3 in the same day. The reason I go wtih OA3 is for horizon leveling.  I wish DJI has firmware update for OA1 with horizon leveling but I doubt it. I'll wait for a while until DJi fix the problem. Otherwise, I'd go different route.
2022-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules