12Next >
1555 55 2022-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dmuldrewswbell.net
lvl.2
Flight distance : 410 ft
United States

I have a new Avata, and from the first Phantom I bought from DJI this has to be the most frustrating experience Ive every had thanks to them. Disregarding the fact that their lack of documentation is near legendary.

Ive paired everything I think. I think Ive activated everything. Ive charged batteries. How do I get the camera view into the goggles?  The aircraft and goggles are linked. All I can see is the goggle set up instructions, and then go to DJI tutorials but its a neverending circle that gets no where. Even when I press the Go Fly button I cant make anything happen. And  tho I select English on the goggle setup it never stays selected. Everytime I turn it on it prompts me to do the same thing again Another day of this and it'll be for sale here.

So if anyone has successfully flown this thing tell me what Im doing wrong, or not doing cause Im at my f*cking wits end. Or point me to some documentation that will help me.

2022-10-7
Use props
MAF178
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

不是每个马骑师都是马骑师

如果你有东西要卖,我会给你50%的费用。
2022-10-7
Use props
dmuldrewswbell.net
lvl.2
United States

Please in English
2022-10-7
Use props
MAF178
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

Wahaha
2022-10-7
Use props
dmuldrewswbell.net
lvl.2
United States

Gee, and I thought this was a forum where DJI owners could go for help.
2022-10-7
Use props
MAF178
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

dmuldrewswbell.net Posted at 10-7 08:30
Gee, and I thought this was a forum where DJI owners could go for help.

Come on you dont even complain in a resturant and you complain here.
if you are selling your stuff am buyer and offering you 50% of the cost
2022-10-7
Use props
dmuldrewswbell.net
lvl.2
United States

MAF178 Posted at 10-7 10:51
Come on you dont even complain in a resturant and you complain here.
if you are selling your stuff am buyer and offering you 50% of the cost

How do you know I won't complain at a restaurant? If you go to nice places you never have to complain, thus my post.
2022-10-7
Use props
MAF178
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

dmuldrewswbell.net Posted at 10-7 10:56
How do you know I won't complain at a restaurant? If you go to nice places you never have to complain, thus my post.

How do i know ? I realize the difference between a Man and a Male Wahaha
2022-10-7
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

I'm not sure but it sounds like the goggles are not linked. Because on the 2 drones I have as soon as the drone comes on the image has no choice but it's to display the camera view.
In the goggles there's not an option to display the camera there's no choice. Once it receives signal from the link device it's like TV it just comes on..

As far as the language that's strange perit's strange. Because the only time mind reverts to the Chinese is when I 1st plug them in out of the Box. Maybe maybe it hasn't gone through the setup and activation?

Try to stay calm is there any way possible you can maybe do a video?
2022-10-7
Use props
Shot By Steem
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136745 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It is a hassle, their software and instructions are subpar.
2022-10-7
Use props
dmuldrewswbell.net
lvl.2
United States

OK I linked the goggles and the aircraft. pushed the power button on the aircraft,and the link button on the goggles. got sequentially flashing lights. The lights stopped, message said linked. did the same with the aircraft and controller, good link. get this pic on DJI Fly

then I push go fly and get this, or what ever is showing in the goggles from setup.

So whats up? No picture from aircraft to goggles. Done the link thing a dozen times and same result. Reload DJI Fly...on an iPhone if you delete an app and reload it, it comes from the cloud so its exactly what is already on the phone.

Suggestions?
2022-10-7
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

dmuldrewswbell.net Posted at 10-7 15:07
OK I linked the goggles and the aircraft. pushed the power button on the aircraft,and the link button on the goggles. got sequentially flashing lights. The lights stopped, message said linked. did the same with the aircraft and controller, good link. get this pic on DJI Fly
[view_image]

This one is over my pay grade. (I don't have the new goggles) If you don't hear from someone here then type it into the search at youtube and see if there is a step by step on it
2022-10-7
Use props
OnePixel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45049 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Good morning.
I hope it can help you in some way.

2022-10-7
Use props
celltx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7399311 ft

Belgium

dmuldrewswbell.net Posted at 10-7 15:07
OK I linked the goggles and the aircraft. pushed the power button on the aircraft,and the link button on the goggles. got sequentially flashing lights. The lights stopped, message said linked. did the same with the aircraft and controller, good link. get this pic on DJI Fly
[view_image]

Just a quick check, did you remove camera gimbal protector.
2022-10-7
Use props
dmuldrewswbell.net
lvl.2
United States

celltx Posted at 10-7 22:32
Just a quick check, did you remove camera gimbal protector.

of course i did
2022-10-8
Use props
dmuldrewswbell.net
lvl.2
United States

OnePixel Posted at 10-7 22:29
Good morning.
I hope it can help you in some way.

Ive probably watched this video 5 times
2022-10-8
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

Just to be sure, you are using the new goggles 2 correct? If you are, be sure all firmware is up to date with the latest versions. Then turn on the goggles, then the motion controller, then the drone.  

Now, press and hold the power button on the Motion Controller until the lights start blinking. You should also hear beeping. This is now linking the MC to the drone. If the Avata light is not blinking while it's linking up, you can force the link by pressing and holding the power button on the Avata battery until the battery lights start to blink.

Once the MC is linked, press and hold the link button in the center of the goggles 2. It should link up to the drone at that point. You may have to also force the link on the Avata here as well by pressing and holding the power button on the Avata battery until the lights start to blink.

If this doesn't help, let me know.

2022-10-8
Use props
dmuldrewswbell.net
lvl.2
United States

FPVTrendz Posted at 10-8 07:08
Just to be sure, you are using the new goggles 2 correct? If you are, be sure all firmware is up to date with the latest versions. Then turn on the goggles, then the motion controller, then the drone.  

Now, press and hold the power button on the Motion Controller until the lights start blinking. You should also hear beeping. This is now linking the MC to the drone. If the Avata light is not blinking while it's linking up, you can force the link by pressing and holding the power button on the Avata battery until the battery lights start to blink.

Yes goggles 2. How am I assured I have the latest firmware for goggles? I open DJI fly and touch connection guide. I hook up usb C from goggles to iPhone and connect power cord, turn on. chime from goggles. Then searching for aircraft...

Ive tried to do this until the batteries die. Ive tried everything I can imagine.
2022-10-8
Use props
dmuldrewswbell.net
lvl.2
United States

Where the hell is DJI...THIS IS THEIR FORUM!
2022-10-8
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
United States

dmuldrewswbell.net Posted at 10-8 08:03
Yes goggles 2. How am I assured I have the latest firmware for goggles? I open DJI fly and touch connection guide. I hook up usb C from goggles to iPhone and connect power cord, turn on. chime from goggles. Then searching for aircraft...

Ive tried to do this until the batteries die. Ive tried everything I can imagine.

If you are trying to update, the best way is to use the computer version of the app.

Go here and download the correct version. https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/avata

Once on that page, scroll down a bit until you see DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) just under that, download your version (Mac or Windows). Install it and then open it. Once open, connect your goggles 2 via USB C to your computer. Turn your goggles 2 on. It can take a little bit for it to recognize it. Once it does, it should change screens and show your version of the goggles on your computer. Be sure you have the latest version if you don't click the install for the latest version. Then disconnect the goggles and connect the MC and drone the same way, one at a time of course, and see what version they have.

I'm doing all this from memory from over a month ago lol, so if anyone else on here sees a mistake in my instructions, please speak up so we don't continue to have this person going in circles.
2022-10-8
Use props
dmuldrewswbell.net
lvl.2
United States

FPVTrendz Posted at 10-8 08:33
If you are trying to update, the best way is to use the computer version of the app.

Go here and download the correct version. https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/avata

Well that never came close to working. Downloaded the app, had to give permission cause developer was unknown. Installed and got this...did you use a PC or Mac? Im using a MacBook Pro.     Again where is DJI on thius forum?

2022-10-8
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

dmuldrewswbell.net Posted at 10-8 09:28
Well that never came close to working. Downloaded the app, had to give permission cause developer was unknown. Installed and got this...did you use a PC or Mac? Im using a MacBook Pro.     Again where is DJI on thius forum?
[view_image]

That what I got when installing the configurator. You need to type your user password that you use for logging in into the terminal window and then hit return. The application will then be installed into your applications folder. Look for DJI Assistant there and open it. Then plug in the goggles to check for an update. Repeat for drone and controller. I was able to update from the phone once I paired everything but when I got the additional transmitter, it would pair but not allow arming. There weren't any warnings to indicate I needed a firmware update but I assumed that was the issued and was able to get it working by updating using the desktop app.
One other thing to be aware of. Some devices don't connect correctly if you use a USB C to USB C cable. With these devices you need to use a USB C to USB A (Old rectangular USB) cable and then use an adaptor to go back to USB C. The adaptor needs to be plugged into the computer not the other device. This is not just a DJI issue. This is an issue with several devices between several manufacturers. Absolutely every flight controller I have used on build it yourself drones has this issue if it has USB C.
2022-10-8
Use props
dmuldrewswbell.net
lvl.2
United States

***DJI LOOK HERE***

DJI I tried to do this via your website and the response was not adequate. I bought a new Avata and the fly more set. I cannot get this thing to work. I cant get it to download firmware and Im not sure if I have linked the items. Tho I have successfully linked per your instructions nothing works. Ive tried to link, register, bind and anything else without results. If you dont respond here with a solution Im gonna do a chargeback and you can come to Missouri for your stuff.
2022-10-8
Use props
dmuldrewswbell.net
lvl.2
United States

Tom_A Posted at 10-8 09:43
That what I got when installing the configurator. You need to type your user password that you use for logging in into the terminal window and then hit return. The application will then be installed into your applications folder. Look for DJI Assistant there and open it. Then plug in the goggles to check for an update. Repeat for drone and controller. I was able to update from the phone once I paired everything but when I got the additional transmitter, it would pair but not allow arming. There weren't any warnings to indicate I needed a firmware update but I assumed that was the issued and was able to get it working by updating using the desktop app.
One other thing to be aware of. Some devices don't connect correctly if you use a USB C to USB C cable. With these devices you need to use a USB C to USB A (Old rectangular USB) cable and then use an adaptor to go back to USB C. The adaptor needs to be plugged into the computer not the other device. This is not just a DJI issue. This is an issue with several devices between several manufacturers. Absolutely every flight controller I have used on build it yourself drones has this issue if it has USB C.

The terminal window does not provide a way to enter the password. There is no cursor displayed.
2022-10-8
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dmuldrewswbell.net Posted at 10-8 09:53
The terminal window does not provide a way to enter the password. There is no cursor displayed.

That's for security. Just type the password and hit return. It does not show the cursor for security. That's why it's showing a lock symbol where the cursor would be.
2022-10-8
Use props
dmuldrewswbell.net
lvl.2
United States

Tom_A Posted at 10-8 10:00
That's for security. Just type the password and hit return. It does not show the cursor for security. That's why it's showing a lock symbol where the cursor would be.

OK, did that, got this, still nothing

2022-10-8
Use props
MAF178
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

dmuldrewswbell.net Posted at 10-8 09:45
DJI I tried to do this via your website and the response was not adequate. I bought a new Avata and the fly more set. I cannot get this thing to work. I cant get it to download firmware and Im not sure if I have linked the items. Tho I have successfully linked per your instructions nothing works. Ive tried to link, register, bind and anything else without results. If you dont respond here with a solution Im gonna do a chargeback and you can come to Missouri for your stuff.

Come to Missouri for your stuff?  Wahaha

The poet Says
have you ever heard about the Missouri bird who loves his Chinese jailor And forgets his wings when he see's his Jailor.

2022-10-8
Use props
dmuldrewswbell.net
lvl.2
United States

MAF178 Posted at 10-8 10:27
Come to Missouri for your stuff?  Wahaha

The poet Says

if you have nothing productive to say just F*CK OFF
2022-10-8
Use props
MAF178
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

dmuldrewswbell.net Posted at 10-8 10:28
if you have nothing productive to say just F*CK OFF

Look down when you speak to me
2022-10-8
Use props
dmuldrewswbell.net
lvl.2
United States

MAF178 Posted at 10-8 10:32
Look down when you talk to me

Kuwait, how's that man love Thursday treating you? Are you the pitcher or the catcher. And I do look down when I talk to you cause you crawl like a worm under my feet.
2022-10-8
Use props
MAF178
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

dmuldrewswbell.net Posted at 10-8 10:35
Kuwait, how's that man love Thursday treating you? Are you the pitcher or the catcher. And I do look down when I talk to you cause you crawl like a worm under my feet.

That worm will stick into your feet till it reach your hole. Look down! Wahaha
Man love? the rules in the united states accepts that & the reason is freedom Wahaha the rules in Kuwait doesnt at all you get a jail for 5 years for that
cover your a** befor you talk

2022-10-8
Use props
dmuldrewswbell.net
lvl.2
United States

MAF178 Posted at 10-8 10:40
That worm will stick into your feet till it reach your hole. Look down! Wahaha

credit card dispute filed  you cunt
2022-10-8
Use props
MAF178
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

dmuldrewswbell.net Posted at 10-8 10:56
credit card dispute filed  you cunt

Look Down! Tax payer Wahaha
2022-10-8
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dmuldrewswbell.net Posted at 10-8 10:20
OK, did that, got this, still nothing

You selected the window. typed your password and then hit the return key?
Did you look in you applications folder for the DJI Assistant application?
It looks like the install worked. You need to open the Application it installed in your applications folder now.
2022-10-8
Use props
dmuldrewswbell.net
lvl.2
United States

Tom_A Posted at 10-8 11:38
You selected the window. typed your password and then hit the return key?
Did you look in you applications folder for the DJI Assistant application?
It looks like the install worked. You need to open the Application it installed in your applications folder now.

Yes, nothing there called DJI Assistant application, or DJI anything for that matter.
2022-10-8
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dmuldrewswbell.net Posted at 10-8 11:46
Yes, nothing there called DJI Assistant application, or DJI anything for that matter.

It looks like it installed correctly though. It put it in the applications folder for me. I would make sure that you are not looking in the applications folder that is in your user directory. It should be the one that is in the root folder of your system disk. You could also try typing "dji" into the spotlight search. Magnifying glass in top bar.
Would also be helpful to know if you have an M1 Mac. I think there may still be issues with the driver install working for M1 Macs.The application install should still have worked though.
2022-10-8
Use props
dmuldrewswbell.net
lvl.2
United States

Tom_A Posted at 10-8 12:51
It looks like it installed correctly though. It put it in the applications folder for me. I would make sure that you are not looking in the applications folder that is in your user directory. It should be the one that is in the root folder of your system disk. You could also try typing "dji" into the spotlight search. Magnifying glass in top bar.
Would also be helpful to know if you have an M1 Mac. I think there may still be issues with the driver install working for M1 Macs.The application install should still have worked though.

I cant find it anywhere.
2022-10-8
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
United States

Boy, this thread went south fast LOL.

I'm using Windows 11 so, to be honest, I'm not sure why or what that screen is you are getting. I wish I could help more on that one.

I'm going out on a limb here and going to ask something that you have probably already tried many times. Have you used the DJI support chat? It's only open Monday - Friday from like 10am to 8pm CT. I have used them a few times and they are always helpful.

Other than using DJI Support Chat, I don't know what else to do to help you really. I'm sorry you are having issues with it linking up. If you can get it resolved Monday, I know you'll love the Avata.
2022-10-8
Use props
Woobisah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1702457 ft
  • >>>
United States

Go on your PC and download DJI Assistant 2.  Update both by using that.
2022-10-8
Use props
dmuldrewswbell.net
lvl.2
United States

Woobisah Posted at 10-8 17:57
Go on your PC and download DJI Assistant 2.  Update both by using that.

Don’t have a PC. I have a Mac Book.Tried to download DJI assistant 2 today. Can’t open it on my Mac. Sub par software seems to be the theme of the day.
2022-10-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules