Suggestion for Dji
1533 21 2022-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Irish DM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 133110 ft
Canada

How about having the Go 4 app as well as the Dji Fly app work for all Camera Drones on all Camera drone controllers, Rcn-1, RC Pro, and the new RC controller.  

2022-10-7
Use props
wa.jesse07
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4686545 ft
United States

They highly likely aren'tgoing to do that
2022-10-7
Use props
Irish DM
lvl.3
Canada

wa.jesse07 Posted at 10-7 12:04
They highly likely aren'tgoing to do that

NEGATIVITY NEVER GETS ANYTHING DONE!
2022-10-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its not going to happen,  DJI has a long history if moving on.
2022-10-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its not going to happen,  DJI has a long history if moving on.
2022-10-8
Use props
Irish DM
lvl.3
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 10-8 00:41
Its not going to happen,  DJI has a long history if moving on.

All of this negativity will guarantee that Dji does nothing.  To get Dji's attention, and possible action we need a large number of posted requests for improvements to be considered.  Positive numbers DO make things happen.
2022-10-8
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why?  What do you think we would gain by switching to Go 4 instead of the Fly app?
2022-10-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Irish DM Posted at 10-8 04:03
All of this negativity will guarantee that Dji does nothing.  To get Dji's attention, and possible action we need a large number of posted requests for improvements to be considered.  Positive numbers DO make things happen.

I think your forgetting we've been here before with the Go app,  why not call for that to be updated too.
2022-10-8
Use props
Irish DM
lvl.3
Canada

KlooGee Posted at 10-8 04:05
Why?  What do you think we would gain by switching to Go 4 instead of the Fly app?

The Go 4 app gives us much more precise control.  eg; eliminates the wonky sliders.
2022-10-8
Use props
Irish DM
lvl.3
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 10-8 04:59
I think your forgetting we've been here before with the Go app,  why not call for that to be updated too.

Both Apps would automatically be updated if Dji were to make the changes that I suggested.  Each Dji Pilot would have the choice of App to use, either the simple Fly app or the more in-depth Go 4 app, INCLUDING the choice of controller.
2022-10-8
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Irish DM Posted at 10-8 07:25
The Go 4 app gives us much more precise control.  eg; eliminates the wonky sliders.

There is no way DJI will maintain 2 different code bases for two different apps.  From a business perspective on their side, it just would make absolutely no sense at all.

If you just want a box to be able to type in a number, ask for that for the Fly app.  That is a far more reasonable request.  Quite honestly, their developers could do it in no time at all if it was something they actually cared to implement.

Having said that, I personally don't think there is much of a need to be so precise.  In regards to the max flight height, here in the US, the "normal" max height regulation is 400 ft.  However, from a safety perspective, I personally always set my max height to closer to 500'.  If I'm out flying and a small manned aircraft comes out of nowhere, I want the option to be able to choose whether to descend or to climb to get out of the way.  I would much rather breach the 400' regulatory height and not hit a manned aircraft than to stay under it and hit it.  

Yes, it would be nice to have to be able to punch in a specific value instead of their terribly designed sliders, but is it really such a big deal at the end of the day?  Certainly not a big enough deal that DJI would maintain and update 2 different code bases to do so.
2022-10-8
Use props
Irish DM
lvl.3
Canada

With this much negative response it is no wonder that nothing ever gets done.
2022-10-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the engineers' evaluation, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Irish DM Posted at 10-8 07:28
Both Apps would automatically be updated if Dji were to make the changes that I suggested.  Each Dji Pilot would have the choice of App to use, either the simple Fly app or the more in-depth Go 4 app, INCLUDING the choice of controller.

Yes but what about the Go app shouldn't that be updated too.
2022-10-9
Use props
Irish DM
lvl.3
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 10-9 00:14
Yes but what about the Go app shouldn't that be updated too.

DAFlys--I suggest that you re-read my post that you have replied to. The very first line says "Both Apps would automatically be updated"
2022-10-9
Use props
Irish DM
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-8 21:28
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the engineers' evaluation, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you.  Please remind Dji that this improvement would likely create a huge increase in sales of the new RC controller, and also the RC Pro controller.  Dji Pilots who are not so particular about precise settings could continue to use the Fly app; but those of us who are really fussy about settings could choose the Go 4 app,or just fix the wonky sliders in the Fly app.
2022-10-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Irish DM Posted at 10-9 03:04
DAFlys--I suggest that you re-read my post that you have replied to. The very first line says "Both Apps would automatically be updated"

Both apps?   There’s Three.  
2022-10-9
Use props
Irish DM
lvl.3
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 10-9 03:27
Both apps?   There’s Three.

Really?!?!?!?
2022-10-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Go, go 4 and fly.  

2022-10-9
Use props
Irish DM
lvl.3
Canada

It is very obvious that this forum is overrun with illiterate, negative, nitwits who have nothing better to do than troll this forum looking for a reason to post crap.  I suggest that those people should take the time to read the initial post, and try to understand why the post was created.
2022-10-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Irish DM Posted at 10-9 09:52
It is very obvious that this forum is overrun with illiterate, negative, nitwits who have nothing better to do than troll this forum looking for a reason to post crap.  I suggest that those people should take the time to read the initial post, and try to understand why the post was created.

So the DJI Pilot app should be scrapped then?
2022-10-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Irish DM Posted at 10-9 03:13
Thank you.  Please remind Dji that this improvement would likely create a huge increase in sales of the new RC controller, and also the RC Pro controller.  Dji Pilots who are not so particular about precise settings could continue to use the Fly app; but those of us who are really fussy about settings could choose the Go 4 app,or just fix the wonky sliders in the Fly app.

This will be duly noted. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules